Server...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server...

There are 2 things bugging me about our large server atm... The first and biggest is the team scramble... I havn't heard one positive thing about it from anyone yet. All I have noticed is the frustration of trying to play with people that are in TS. And all it leads to is people not being able to play with their squads and leave. And with things being HC you can only spawn on your SL, and I want my SL on ts. And most of the pubbies jump in the server and then never come back. The ones that do are the people we are starting to see in TS. But either way not being able to play with the people you joined the server with is really really frustrating. It kinda kills the whole "team" concept because we dont have any other way of communication other than TS.

The other is the early game setup... The low ticket/player count thing we have going right now. A bunch of us just gave up tonight because of it. It doesn't even lead to a half way decent game, its just whoever starts with the flags first. Or whoever ignores the 8v8 armor rule and gets the first kill or 2. Can we just leave the ticket count at 150 or 200 where it normally starts. I dont mind a longer game with 4v4... Its actually fun. It allows us to do what we do here at TG... Tactical gameplay. If we have 30 sec to cap a flag its just about who runs faster and who gets the first kill.
    |TG| CrazySob
    sigpic
    Wondering where I am? Look up and wait for the inevitable sound of 2000lbs of death and destruction that is about to ruin your day.

Re: Server...

I agree with the ticket count, It needs to be much higher, Its almost impossible to play 4 vs 4, I have seriously had matches where it was 2 minutes, I load in and my team has 20 tickets left, That is not even enough time to go from spawn to a flag.

The scramble, I like it, but it can be annoying,

One hand it stops the best players in the server from being in a squad together all the time completely destroying everyone, round after round.

The other hand it ruins teamwork and tactical advantage for squads.

If they do leave the server because they can't play with their squad, I don't really think you should be leaving because of that reason, Plenty of people I want to play with, But Im fine as long as there is someone else in teamspeak with me.

Teamspeak should be enforced more, At least for squad leaders.

Comment

I agree with the team scramble, I was getting to know some non-tgers that were in TS and than it scrambles the teams and there gone, I like lots of squad cohesion :)
      |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

We'll adjust the tickets up some, full % is too high though because people get bored when they don't love the map.

The scrambler keeps the squad intact if 2 (or more) members have the same tags, specifically so that clans aren't broken up.

If we don't scramble, we will again have squads full of only TGers on teamspeak. We'll also see the return of team stacking complaints and even more people will leave. I think we have plenty of threads on the subject.

The solution might be to get more people on TeamSpeak, and there will be a better chance of having squad members with VOIP.

We need to do a much better job as a community getting visitors onto our TS server. That falls on you guys as the community to do and sell TG and our TS server some. Just take 10 seconds each round and ask them to join the TS server in squad chat.

Comment

Also can you remove metro from the list, That map has no tactical value what so ever, It should be lumped in with the close quarters maps.

Comment

Originally posted by Brainhurts View Post
            Also can you remove metro from the list, That map has no tactical value what so ever, It should be lumped in with the close quarters maps.

It is far better in Rush, but it is quite playable under 24 players without vehicles. If TG were taking requests on maps to remove for lack of tactical value, I think Davamand with 3 flags would be at the top of my list. I assume they don't run Tehran because it is laggy.

This "no armor under 8v8" needs a good look into as well. Most maps get quite tedious with tanks with few players, but maps like Noshahr with 3 flags absolutely require vehicles. Does that mean they are only allowed to use boats to get ashore or little bird as well? Does that mean you can use the little bird on Davamand 3 flag? It is all very inconsistent how the "gentleman's agreement" works right now and every time it results in publics arguing about what is allowed after the round has already been ruined (not even mentioning it as a suggestion in @rules doesn't help).

I believe there are procon plugins that will let you create a script to kill people who enter a vehicle with under X number of players on the server http://www.phogue.net/forumvb/showth...0-8-(beta-BF3) or http://www.phogue.net/forumvb/showth...-admin-actions not perfect but better than the ad hoc system used right now. (Note: the first link turns off vehicles under a certain number and I am not sure what that does to the filter... the second one uses the crude kill method).

Quite simply, the server is not very fun to populate and after about 1.5-2 hours of it last night we gave up. It is quite enjoyable at 24-48 players currently, but it is not tactical or fair at less than 20, it is especially horrible below 16. It is just frustrating because we know we could have fun at 4v4 if we just had a fair game setup.

Several of us have discussed SQDM and SQRUSH as early options that are still quite tactical. My clan has had luck recently running SQRush up to 12 players to get our rotation going. SQDM didn't draw as many people and we had trouble populating it with only 3-4 clan members seeding, but I can see it working with your larger player base.

Comment

We mostly don't run Teheran because when the U.S gets pinned in their UCB, there's realistically not a chance for them to break out. It's a poorly designed map.

There's no rule against armor for under 8v8 players, the players on the server decide what vehicles and flags are in play. Sometimes people want to play with attack choppers, or armor, or jets, or something else.

I've been meaning to remove Metro conquest from the low population maplist because it doesn't work well there. We have a fundamental problem in that there aren't that many maps to choose from, but people also get tired of playing the same maps over and over.

I'm not sure how Squad Rush works with more than 8 players on, there have been some issues with how the BF3 server reports squads/teams and it causes issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Brainhurts View Post
                Not true :)

Comment

Originally posted by Iamthefallen View Post

I'm not sure how Squad Rush works with more than 8 players on, there have been some issues with how the BF3 server reports squads/teams and it causes issues.
                  http://www.gametracker.com/server_in....45.209:25400/

When I posted this the server was at 10/16 on Squad Rush and showed up that way (Running Adaptive Server size plugin).

Now if that affects Teamsync in a weird way because you could get 8 person squads if you had up to 16 in Squad Rush I don't know, but it plays pretty well up to 16 players in that mode (though increasing the ticket count as you get to higher player numbers is necessary). We have the map manager set to rotate us to small conquest after hitting the 12 player threshold, but it will wait to the end of the round and thus the 16 player count buffer.

Comment

All of the maps can be played with 24+ people easily.

Comment

I have to agree with the OP... the scramble as it is is just frustrating, I'm seeing less and less tactical play on the server because of it, there's just no consistency. You finally get a good squad working together, on TS, and the next round its gone... most of the time my experience isn't that much better than just pubbing it.

Originally posted by Fallen
                      The scrambler keeps the squad intact if 2 (or more) members have the same tags, specifically so that clans aren't broken up.
                      The problem with this is that because of the limit to tag size and the way BF3 soldier names work, we, as members of TG tend to have a big variation of tags ([TG], [TGirr], [TG12], whatever... you get the picture).
                      Some random clan can come in and play together all night because they have the same tag... but I cant play with other TG members for more than one round because we may all have different tags.... The frequency at which you end up with a completely different squad is too much.

Oh and yes, rounds have been way too short recently.
                      It matters not what letters or numbers come before my name, I'll always be 1stMIP.

sigpic

"It is all about being a teamplayer. Give a kitchen sink to a teamplayer and he'll find a way to support his squad with it."
                      - John_CANavar (Marshall & Founder of the 1st Mechanized Infantry Platoon)

Comment

Scrambler changed to keep squads, added a few Rush maps to rotation, removed Metro CQ for small map list.

I'll take a look tonight and see if Squad rush can be worked in without the Teamspeak channels being broken. I might need to add another maplist specifically for seeding.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamthefallen View Post
                          Scrambler changed to keep squads, added a few Rush maps to rotation, removed Metro CQ for small map list.
                          I hope Metro is still in there for the normal rotation.

Comment

Yes, it's in there for medium rotation.

Comment

My two cents is that I am not digging the low ticket count, the scramble does'nt not bother me at all.
                              I see that fallen has said that the ticket count will be increased so I am happy.
                              The low ticket count, as it has been mentioned, decides the round in the first two minutes and furthermore I feel that the pace of the rounds gets kind of ruined.
                              Other than that, I really like the adaptive script.
                              "Nemo Saltat Sobrius, Nisi Forte Insanit"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X