• Getting knifed

So how does everyone feel about it.

Make you mad?

Happy?

Want revenge?

Feel its silly?

I feel like this most of the time http://i.minus.com/iobDjjsoQjkOZ.gif

Re: Getting knifed

If I knifed you, I would feel much better. :-)

Comment

I used to hate getting knifed (and conversely loved knifing people), because it means that someone outsmarted me and got behind me but also because my team/squad-mates were not watching my back like they should have. But these days I hate getting sniped more. That sudden PING never fail to make me (literally) jump out of my seat when I get sniped haha
      You know what attract bullets the most in Battlefield 3?? MY HEAD!!
      sigpic

Comment

In BF2/2142 getting knifed was humiliating because using the knife took time. Getting knifed lost its sting with the invention of the insta-knife in BC2 that has carried over to BF3. You simply need to get the jump on someone from behind to perform the take down. No skill or cunning needed anymore.

Comment

In BC2 it drove me nuts because of the 20-foot-across-the-room leaps. BF3 did away with that, and I like that half second of animation where you know you're screwed and see the blade coming for you.

Comment

Never has bothered me as it basically means someone on the other ream is creeping about on the battlefield with their knife drawn 'because they are ninja'. All the time they are desperately trying to get behind one player 'for the glory' they are usually being very ineffective teamwise. For example they are unlikely to fire their weapon at your teamates as they are so desperate to remain 'stealthy'. Funny to do sometimes and funny to be on the end of, makes me jump if I'm just sitting there, not really into it, not paying attention.

Has never added anything to any game I've played and merely served to encourage 'glory hunter/humiliation' style play.

Now if they could make it so it cut all voip, first and third party, then it woild be valuable as a way of silencing sentries etc. Maybe some day...

Comment

I'm trying to change my ways and just put some C4 on the prone player. That would make it harder as the enemy would hear the enemy voices behind him, but would be more satisfying for me!

Comment

Good times when you are about to get knifed, the animation starts and you are ready to face another humiliating death .... when suddenly you are back on your feet and a moment later realize that a teammate just shot your attacker and saved you.
                former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

I feel like a charity, because I've handed 'em to just about everybody!

"Quando omni flunkus moritati" -Red Green Show
                  [Link to my Youtube!] [Link to my Twitch!]
                  [support]

Comment

Originally posted by dawolf View Post
                    Good times when you are about to get knifed, the animation starts and you are ready to face another humiliating death .... when suddenly you are back on your feet and a moment later realize that a teammate just shot your attacker and saved you.
                    Ooh I forgot that bit, that is without the coolest bit of the whole BF3 knife thing. Unlike previous BF titles with the 'pokey knife stab' style martial arts its a 'finishing move' I suppose but the interruption thing is great.

I remember playing the Beta with Axis and some chap grabbed him an unseemly way and pulled the knife. I thought he was done for as the fella pulled Axis' head back. The hall way had friendlies in having a right go in CQB, but Axis was the other side of them.

I lined up a shot on the guy, not knowing at the time you could kill him mid knife. Friendly heads swing back and forth into view as my panic beings to rise.....Axis nooooo. Then suddenly a narrow line of fire opens up between friendly shoulders and I squeeze of a double tap to the knife wielding assailants head. He drops like liquid, releasing Axis from the deathgrip. We were both like "Ohhhh, you can shoot them when they are knifing and save your team mate, sweet" lol.

Comment

Its funny when you are knifing someone and you get shot but instead of saving their team mate they tk him instead lol...
                      |TG| CrazySob
                      sigpic
                      Wondering where I am? Look up and wait for the inevitable sound of 2000lbs of death and destruction that is about to ruin your day.

Comment

I dont care anymore cause i have Ven's tags. selling them on ebay to the highest bidder ;)
                        |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Wicks, I'm pretty sure you had the person who was getting knifed and the hero that saved the day mixed up. But since you're getting old I let this one slide.

Yeah, the fact you can kill someone who is in the process of giving a teammate a close shave is pretty cool. I wish more games implemented it when they use animation kills.

Comment

Originally posted by di1lweed1212 View Post
                            I dont care anymore cause i have Ven's tags. selling them on ebay to the highest bidder ;)
                            Everybodies got Ven's tags! They are worthless now! I sold mine on Ebay and only got $.04 and got stuck paying for the postage! :(

Comment

It makes absolutely no difference for me if I get knifed or shot. I died. I don't hate or lol about. It's amusing to knife people, but if I get knifed I wouldn't care at all.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X