Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armored kill on TG

How is it going to work.

I have to say a 64 player server is a must if possible.

And all the rotations of the new maps, Including rush for the first week to see what it is like and what is liked and disliked.

Re: Armored kill on TG

we decided we are going to run all the new maps infantry only.......

TROLOLOLOLOLOL
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

We'll find out very soon exactly what game modes and sizes are supported on PC, for instance the B2K maps had 3 different sizes for conquest and they are treated as separate modes. We also have to keep in mind that those who haven't bought premium will have to wait two additional weeks before they can play AK. So, I don't want to switch both servers to have AK in every rotation immediately.

Both servers can be increased to 64p if the maps can support it. There are a couple of maps from the base game that also work well with 64p.

So, we'll probably run it differently for the first few weeks to give everyone a chance to get to know the maps and try out Tank Superiority, and then simply add them to general rotation for the long haul.
      Last edited by Iamthefallen; 09-05-2012, 12:40 PM.

Comment

http://i.minus.com/iobDjjsoQjkOZ.gif @ven

Comment

Word round the camp fire, what I here from ps3 users so far is that Tank Superiority mode is not fun right now.
          Apparently as it is now it's a Soflam/Javlin spam fest and anyone in a tank is dead. Smoke has to be used and even then it's not great.

One Idea floating about is there should be a 10 sec time limit when you step out a tank like when you go out of bounds.

If noone is in a tank in a tank centric game mode it seems a little pointless.

We will have to see what happens

Comment

Oooh I see my tank kills going up exponentially. 😃
            "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Do we have a preferred place to play AK since TG doesn't have a server yet?

Comment

Fallen told me The server is all ready to go, we just have to wait for release.

Comment

Personally I am not a Armored person, but I watched gameplay footage of the new mode and it looks abit... Hectic, yes you can run an armored squad but the timing and organization and time need to hop out and repair and also a 3 man JAV team with 1 support... Going to be a little crazy. I still wonder how many people are going to run snipers...

The Rush mode?
                  It's going to be slightly annoying as long as one team has the gunship. It's like the UAV from BC2, your holding your ground from infantry and armor, doing your best. Then out of no where a missile lands on your head. But it does look rather better favoring the attacking side but that adds on to the challenge, knowing how well the TG players are and seeing how the AC-130 can be shot down by Infantry AA (15% per shot) its not going to last. Wait... Are there any rush maps where the defenders.... AREN'T Russians?

Conquest.... Now this is where I am confused, it was said that there is an control point that lets either team control the gunship (I miss 2142...) if that is true I am sure that specific flag is going to be the top contestant flag... If that is true it's just like BC2, where in the middle was a flag and next to that flag was UAV controls.

But more importantly... I would love to see an infantry (light vehicles) only variant... I will have to throw another "iron sights only" event pretty soon.

Sorry to type so much... Thanks for reading.
                  Please Be Warned...
                  If you see me... Im never alone....
                  My Soldiers Follow and are Loyal.... Problem is... you can't see me....

Comment

The new mode is supposed to be hectic, Just like close quarters.

Its fun for a few rounds.

Apparently rush mode is broke, its extremely unbalanced, The defenders get a tank, the attacks get 2/3 along with the AC-130.

It will be one flag that has the AC-130, Its very easy to kill from everything I have seen, I think its something like 4 bursts from a jet will take it down, or 6 missles.

Comment

Also keep in mind that on PC we can adjust both the vehicle spawn time and the attacker ticket count to balance the outcome of Rush maps.

Comment

Originally posted by E_Leader View Post
                        Personally I am not a Armored person, but I watched gameplay footage of the new mode and it looks abit... Hectic, yes you can run an armored squad but the timing and organization and time need to hop out and repair and also a 3 man JAV team with 1 support... Going to be a little crazy. I still wonder how many people are going to run snipers...

The Rush mode?
                        It's going to be slightly annoying as long as one team has the gunship. It's like the UAV from BC2, your holding your ground from infantry and armor, doing your best. Then out of no where a missile lands on your head. But it does look rather better favoring the attacking side but that adds on to the challenge, knowing how well the TG players are and seeing how the AC-130 can be shot down by Infantry AA (15% per shot) its not going to last. Wait... Are there any rush maps where the defenders.... AREN'T Russians?

Conquest.... Now this is where I am confused, it was said that there is an control point that lets either team control the gunship (I miss 2142...) if that is true I am sure that specific flag is going to be the top contestant flag... If that is true it's just like BC2, where in the middle was a flag and next to that flag was UAV controls.

But more importantly... I would love to see an infantry (light vehicles) only variant... I will have to throw another "iron sights only" event pretty soon.

Sorry to type so much... Thanks for reading.
                        Please do. The other day origin crashed and when we all rejoined the server we ALL were lvl. 1. Even the pubbies were raving how awesome it was. Even vehicles had no unlocks and seemed more balanced with the infantry...... It was AWESOME!

Comment

Overview for Armored Kill here:
                          http://www.tacticalgamer.com/content...ored-kill.html

Armored Kill will be available for Premium Players on the PC on September 11, 2012, and to non-Premium PC Players on September 25, 2012. Downloads will begin to be available on these dates around 1:00-5:00pm PST.

We're going to switch the current CQ (small) server to be 64p Armored Kill only in various modes. We'll adjust the rotation after several days based on your feedback. But we will run all AK maps/game modes for a while to give everyone a chance to try them out.

Comment

Right now the maplists are heavy on Tank Superiority, we'll adjust that in the near future. But it's a good chance to let everyone try the vehicles and the modes for a few days.

Basically maplists are based on player count:
                            0-8 Squadrush and Tank Superiority
                            8-16 Rush
                            16-32 Small conquest and Rush
                            32-48 Large conquest and Tank Superiority
                            48+ Large Conquest maps

Ticket counts and vehicle spawn times are also currently stock, we'll adjust those too as needed.

Comment

First impressions is that vehicle spawn time needs a delay because of the circling jet that wtfpwns the ground and lets soldiers parachute in behind enemy lines.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X