Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Battlelog: You have too many friends. Please delete some.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlelog: You have too many friends. Please delete some.

Here is the thing... when Battlelog the "social gaming hub" launched I added players from different communities and backgrounds, people I played BF2 with and some that I had enjoyable rounds with. You have to add Battlelog friends to use the Battlelog VOIP solution.

After reaching 140 and being aware of the imposed 150 friend limit I stopped adding Battlelog friends.

Now with the latest update I am stuck a Battlelog "welcome" screen telling me:
    You have too many friends. You are allowed a total of 100 friends on Origin.
    Basically they are pushing all Battlelog friends into Origin, where I don't need them and don't want them to fill up my complete list from the get-go.
    On top of that the friend limit is *lowered* from 150 to 100, so I have to remove 47 Battlelog contacts before they let me access Battlelog at all.

This forces me to kick friends to play the game.

I consider it rude to force me to remove people from the list before I can resume accessing Battlelog at all.
    I really can feel the great "social" experience EA has created here. With all the money they are throwing at Origin they should find a way to increase the friends limit and sort this out.

I'll wait a few days or weeks and hope this problem will be acknowledged and resolved or I have to give in and delete friends to continue playing BF3 with those they allowed me to keep.
    former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Re: Battlelog: You have too many friends. Please delete some.

I don't understand why Its a limit of 100,

Maybe TG should make its own list of whos playing what

Comment

I'm sure it'll be changed, though it may be more than a few days.

Comment

I was also a bit put off that I couldn't play when I wanted. The "paperwork" could wait, IMO. Having no choice, if I wished to play - which I did, I perused my friends list. It tells you when the friend was last online, which is helpful. There were folks that hadn't been online in 5 months or more. It didn't take more than a minute to boot the dozen or so folks I needed to in order to merge the lists basing it solely on their online absence. So I agree that it wasn't the best way for them to approach the issue but at least in my case, there was no heavy lifting involved.

Comment

Talk about creating a negative emotional experience with a brand...

Best of all ... the "last seen online" dates in the migration list is totally bugged and displays random inactivity data...

Here is a bookmarklet to display the friends list (or whats left of it) when being forced on the migration screen.

Code:
          javascript:(function(){document.getElementById('comcenter-friends').style.display='block';})();
          Still can't launch games though, maybe i'll figure something out.

Comment

If anyone wants to chime in, I've created a thread on the official BF3 Feedback board:
            https://getsatisfaction.com/battlefi..._consideration

Comment

So I decided to log into battlelog for the first time in months today, and I was greeted with the delightful "delete your friends" page. The issue is that pre-update, I had 132 friends. At the moment, I have 68 friends because the rest deleted me when they were forced to move back down to 100. However, Battlelog is still making me delete 32 of my friends to reach the 100 friend limit even though I am already under the limit. Does anyone know of any way to fix this?

Edit: Nevermind it was only giving me a choice of ~60 friends to choose the 32 to delete from, which means I had to delete people I knew well when others whom I have only met once remained on my friends list. FU Battlelog.

Former TG-21st
              Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...