Balance in Rush

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balance in Rush

We need to look at the C-130 and make a rule about spawn killing. There is a huge disadvantage at the start of the map for those in the Gunship to target people standing in one place spawning in. Add to that, the idea that they are able to fire before we can run for cover causes the maps to instantly become one sided, due to the 10 seconds it takes to respawn. With vehicles on a rush map, the enemy can plant and entrench before the defenders can even get setup to defend. How can that be what TG is about? We should not be like every other vanilla server out there, there should be a standard we must strive for each and every game. That means we, the TG community, must do everything in our power to educate and enlighten the new players to our servers. When that fails we must report the issue. The C-130 should be part of the 8v8 vehicle agreement, and I personally feel that we need to instill that as a rule on the server. I just watched the server lose all it's TG players due to it not being a rule. I was one of those that left because it got so bad. I even reported the issue, but because it was not a rule, there was nothing to enforce. Think about that. Players that dedicate themselves to the community, leaving because they do not want to play on a server that is ment for them...

[Rant mode Off]

With that said, this is not to say the admin team is not doing their job, it's more about the community not settling for what players bring to our server and standing up for what we want in our servers.
    sigpic

re: Balance in Rush

I do agree Rush is completely unbalanced in every way.

The defenders at least need a AA station on each Point, And a set of tank destroyer to match the attackers.

A single tank versus a gunship, 2 tank destroyers, Amtrac and ground units along with an A-10 is stupid.

We do need to either make it Infantry only under 24 players, or make it a rule that you can't use vehicles until 24 players, A gentleman's agreement doesn't work when you aren't playing with gentlemen.

I only use it when, "A" enemy is using it, "B" my team is just, you know what I mean, "C" transport

Also we need to only have rush in rotation with higher numbers of players or not at all, and the ticket count drastically lowered, As it is you have to kill each attacker 10-20 times.

Comment

Don't go too crazy with the rules. From what I have heard, DICE knows it is an issue and plans on addressing it. Though from the rumors it just sounds like they are planning on a respawn delay. Likely still not enough.

From my experience, the 8v8 or more to use the AC130 is a decent rule. Probably best to keep the server on Tank Superiority or Squad Until 10v10 and then go into the bigger modes.

Granted as it stands right now, you team needs to be firing on all cylinders win as defenders right now.

Comment

Guys, it's been 48 hours :-)

I know some people figured out exactly how everything works by Tuesday afternoon, but the rotation is "vanilla" with more Tank Superiority and Rush than normal so people can see all the maps as the server fills up. The rotation, tickets, and vehicle timers will eventually be adjusted.

We're not at this time going to make a new rule for Rush, we'll see what Dice does over the next few weeks. We also can't run infantry only and remain a Hardcore server.

Comment

Im sorry but I can't take that... You wont see me on the server when its playing rush from now on. I was spawn killed 6 times in a row by the gunship... To top it off, the fact that I put 6 full bursts from the Frog into it and it was only dissabled before it killed me is really stupid. I am loving AK... with the exception of that gunship. I know there isnt anything we can really do about it atm.... but its killing rush. I would rather play infantry only on Vanilla settings in all honesty. Atleast then there is a chance to get away from the main cannon on that thing.
          |TG| CrazySob
          sigpic
          Wondering where I am? Look up and wait for the inevitable sound of 2000lbs of death and destruction that is about to ruin your day.

Comment

Rush is unbalanced and broken, the gunship, the absurd amount of armor for attackers,

im not going to be playing either when rush is on, its when we will and do lose a good 50% of the players on the server.

Comment

The fact that you can spawn and parachute from the gunship is the biggest thing that makes it unbalanced for me, that and the gunship flies around in a circle around the defender's spawn who have the same or less armor then the attackers not including the gunship.

Comment

Im confused, do you guys think its unbalanced for the attackers or the defenders or is it equally unbalanced? :)
                sigpic

Comment

Defenders, Its possible to defend, but its excessively hard to, to the point of the game not being fun at all.

Give them an AA and maybe a tank and it'll be balanced imo and a longer spawn time for the AC-130 both at the start of the game and after being destroyed.

Don't nerf the damage or remove anything, because it could be very good.

Sorry guys for tonight with the AC-130 and the tank, I put on my best whore outfit on just to show everyone how OP the attackers are.

Comment

Cant the AC be taken out with stingers?
                    sigpic

Comment

yes, It respawns every 60 seconds and it takes about 10 of them.

The AC isn't the only problem, if it was just that+ground infantry it could be very different.

But the attackers also have 2 tanks an amtrac and the A-10 and one map the Fricking C-Ram AA, while the defenders either have no tank, or a single tank

Comment

I have played a couple of rounds in rush mode and defending is difficult but if you go engie, lay down mines and hide in the buildings the AC canīt destroy, then you can cover the mcoms pretty good.

I find it more interesting to discuss counters than how you can remove aspects from the game.
                        sigpic

Comment

I've never had a problem with the gunship. No more then a tank or chopper.

Going solo with stingers I've managed to disable it/get it to half health, with another 1 or 3 of you with stingers its no problem to get rid of.

It's flares seem worse then normal plane flares in that it seems like yiu can lock on sooner after they've been fired.

Granted its only been out a few days and only played a bit, but I am not seeing as much of a problem people are making out giving the amount of times I've killed it with stingers alone. My stinger kills have gone right up!

Comment

Re: Balance in Rush

http://www.gustavhalling.com/2012/09...t-week-bf3-ak/

Hello!

As anyone following me on twitter (twitter.com/gustavhalling) knows I have been very busy collecting feedback about the gunship in Rush the last 2 weeks and we have already made improvements yesterday, changing its spawntime from 60 to 90 seconds.

I am not finished yet however and late next week (19-20th) we are pushing out a new server with these tweaks.

Gunship initial spawntime tweaked from 15 to 60 seconds

This will fix the issue where gunship gunners can target defenders before the round starts
                            Gunship spawntime tweaked from 90 seconds to 120 seconds.

This will give defenders more time to “breath” before the gunship is respawned again.
                            Gunship “moving forward” delay between bases tweaked from 15 to 30 seconds

This will fix the issue where the attackers can parachute drop to the next base before the defenders can reach it
                            This is the 2nd step in balancing up the game mode which proves that the community are just much better at owning up on the servers than our in-house testing is =)

There is no shame in saying that the Gunship have been overpowered after launch but its not because we dont test it before hand.
                            As always even that we test 5 days a week at DICE + 60-80 QA for months YOU guys/girls play more hours together the first 2 hours after we release a new expansion!

Comment

Re: Balance in Rush

I think the changes should help.

Like I said its possible to defend, Its just incredibly hard to do so.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X