Clear All

• Battlefield 3: Operation Red Alert

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFatD1WDbmk

Re: Battlefield 3: Operation Red Alert

I enjoyed C&C more, and also...

sigpic

Comment

lol ..... that would please the Commander in all of us! Laughed when I saw them sending in ten guys to capture ALPHA flag!

Comment

Isn't some RTS game (C&C?) in the works based on the Frostbite2 engine? I remember reading about that a while back...
        former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

This would be so awesome! But EA would ruin it like they ruin everything.

"Quando omni flunkus moritati" -Red Green Show
          [Link to my Youtube!] [Link to my Twitch!]
          [support]

Comment

They already have ruined CnC... its free2play now. :/ Not that it was any good after Gens/ZH. Like most games they make something half way decent with an ancient engine, then kill it when they try to make it "new-er... ish".........................
            |TG| CrazySob
            sigpic
            Wondering where I am? Look up and wait for the inevitable sound of 2000lbs of death and destruction that is about to ruin your day.

Comment

Well people would complain if they made it the same just as much as they complain when they change it.

I feel gamers as a whole are extremely entitled over everything and anything.

Example, Aftermath teaser trailer, never before have I wanted to just take away so many peoples computers.

/smallrantover.
              Last edited by Brainhurts; 09-29-2012, 06:00 AM.

Comment

Naw there have been so many different CNC titles... And I loved them all... I played nothing but CnC for years. I guess except CS.... The best to me was Gens/ZH, god I loved ZH. Then RA3 is where things just kinda... well went belly up. Online died after about a year ish... Same with CnC3... then CnC4 just... well was just a bellyflop from the beginning. We all knew it was a waste of money and havn't looked back. They were supposed to put out CnC Generals 2 but... well they killed that idea aswell with F2P.

... Rant rant rant rant rant... Gonna call it quits on this one, just like the Battlefield series... EA decides to destroy another epic game.
                |TG| CrazySob
                sigpic
                Wondering where I am? Look up and wait for the inevitable sound of 2000lbs of death and destruction that is about to ruin your day.

Comment

Ooh hoo hoo, the rant isn't over until the fat lady...well....agrees with me lol, I freaking despise them! They ruined not only the games, but the companies that trusted them and went under them! I loved Westwood games! Westwood practically invented RTS with Dune II which they then continued with CnC! It's not because I am over-entitled, I just feel they are setting a horrible standard in the industry by just absorbing and dicing every company that doesn't perform because of them. They make impossible demands on the developers, who then churn out a bucket of **** because they have timetables and feature demands from EA to meet! But EA doesn't ever admit any fault and just sacks half the workers and either sells the rest of the studio or absorbs them. Poor Westood! Poor Origin! Poor Bullfrog! Poor Maxis! They developed great games until they stupidly signed basically their lives over to EA!

"Quando omni flunkus moritati" -Red Green Show
                  [Link to my Youtube!] [Link to my Twitch!]
                  [support]

Comment

I wasn't just talking directly to you guys, I mean reading anything about BF3 and its just insane how much people complain over anything, Sometimes I feel like people are just in on it, Like seriously blue tint, Glare? what the hell people.

Anyways,

The new one has a single player campaign still and from everything I have read its still going to be a CnC game with a wide selection of units, As far as I understand theres not going to be many or any units for sale,It sounds like only maps and cosmetics items ,

Indie Free to play games are the ones that are really bad, so far any game from a larger company more well know company that has made a Free to play has not made it pay to win. TF2 LoL any western MMO, PlanetSide 2, Tribes, world of tanks and a few others I can't think of.

Im not judging until the game comes out.

Then you do have to remember BF2 wasn't a "popular" game It sold 3 million copies, Not even for 2005

Comment

Bf2 was popular? My clan's server was full almost 24/7 for almost 4 years straight. And it didn't matter if there were 10 or 20 ppl in a server... you could talk to your squad and have fun.

And the reason we complain about CnC is because we have played it from the very beginning. I have played RA2/yr and Gens/Zh competitively. Those of us that have played CnC for years want to see a real CnC game come out thats now totally re-designed... It doesn't need to be. RA3 was such a let down because it was so cartoony and dumbed down. CnC3 was never balanced well enough and they tried to make it too much like generals... Well TW/KW was never supposed to be anything like Gens/ZH... It was supposed to be modeled off of tiberian sun. We just wanted to see the game polised up and maybe a new story line. Thats why Generals was put out in the first place. To buy them time to bring us the next big CnC.

Anyway... unless you grew up playing these games and truely enjoyed them you wouldn't understand. So many people are used to playing for a year or so and then moving on to the next game that its pointless to even hope anymore. EA doesn't care about a game lasting more than 2 or 3 years anymore. There isn't any money to be had in there eyes. So we are screwed. And if EA is putting out a F2P game... You better bet that we will end up paying somehow.
                      |TG| CrazySob
                      sigpic

Comment

"popular" Its the same way ArmaII is popular, it had a dedicated smaller player base who played a lot.

I grew up playing these games too, Red Alert 2, StarCraft, Wolfenstein, Sim city, Medal of Honor, CoD 1-2, Battlefront two and so on, thousands of hours in it, Online and offline

I hold no grudges against what they have done to the newest versions, I understand why they have done it and if I don't like it I just move on and look for something I like instead of sitting back and yelling and bitching at the maker of the game" not saying it directly to you guys" I mean, move on if you don't like it, stop trying to make others hate it, stop complaining that they are "ruining" the game, just move on and find something else, Plenty of people at TG have done that, Many moved on to planetside 2 or ArmaII

What people like you and others on TG have to do is go find some small developer who can cater to a few thousand or even a few hundred people, That way you get the game you want you get the player base you want, and you get the support you want.

If I have any idea of the size of TG Its very possible you guys could make your own game, Plenty of you are Ex Military or are currently enlisted, plenty of you know your weapons, some of you are programmers and designers and modders, You could very well use kickstarter to fund it, there is the Steam Greenlight and so on.

Theres a market for a game like what you want, but its not a big enough market for a multibillion dollar a year company, so why not have TG or someone else stick their foot into that market?

Comment

Hell's March = greatest video game song eva. :)

Comment

Also Bear is completely right, everyone is right except when they don't agree with me

Comment

Originally posted by Brainhurts View Post
                              If I have any idea of the size of TG Its very possible you guys could make your own game, Plenty of you are Ex Military or are currently enlisted, plenty of you know your weapons, some of you are programmers and designers and modders, You could very well use kickstarter to fund it, there is the Steam Greenlight and so on.

Theres a market for a game like what you want, but its not a big enough market for a multibillion dollar a year company, so why not have TG or someone else stick their foot into that market?

People are trying and failing to do exactly that. See RO2 or the Ground Branch Kickstarter...

http://www.fpsgeneral.com/news/groun...sful-blackfoot

Quite honestly there are mod tools out there for ArmA 2, they can make the game they want if they really want. The trick is.... no one will play it with them.

What people don't say when they are complaining in threads like this one and the one below is that they want a game with tens of thousands of people on concurrently for them to shoot. They believe that if DICE made they game they wanted those thousands would still show up to be fodder for them. Anyone who has paid attention to the "tactical shooter" market knows that isn't very true anymore. At best these days you get a flash in the pan like DayZ.

There are a few who have approached this reality and have made games like Planetside 2 and Heroes and Generals for games that rely on a massive player base and realize that they could not have a sufficient number playing to get the combined arms play style if they did not have piles of free to play grinders.

Of course when the monetization model hits those games, it may be just as unpalatable as what people on here complain about in BF3. Pay to win or even just absurd time commitments to get access to basic functions in the game.

Think about it this way even, there are more people playing Bad Company 2 today than Red Orchestra 2. That means that a game that has been preempted by another in the same series with the same gametypes is still more popular than the most recent version of a niche game. People talk about BF3 not lasting as long as BF2... but indie multiplayer shooters are hardly the solution because they aren't truly lasting a whole lot longer. Even middle of the road shooters well funded shooters die fast (see Brink, Homefront, Dino D-Day, Medal of Honor 2010, any game in the Crysis series, Shattered Horizon, pick a recent Tom Clancy game...).

Plus, most indie games look like crap if they aren't paid for as a tech demo for an engine. One of the things that tons of users makes possible is the best looking, best sounding, best performing FPS on the market right now in BF3. Bohemia Interactive (ARMA) does it through selling its tech to governments and militaries and they still have trouble supporting their niche. People want the population, the production values, and the support of a AAA game in indies and indies can't deliver because it takes exponentially more money and talent today than it did back when those guys made 1942 (that is in the interview as well).

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X