Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinions on people using FXAA injectors and Colour tweakers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on people using FXAA injectors and Colour tweakers?

http://imgur.com/a/5ucyJ

To me thats just downright hacking, no better then an aim bot.

For the community to complain about hackers one second and then praise this the next is just insane to me,
    Last edited by Brainhurts; 10-10-2012, 06:02 AM.

Re: Opinions on people using FXAA injectors and Colour tweakers?

It probably does give a slight unfair advantage when it comes to seeing people who are far away (even though you could still see them normally, but they will be more blurry), it sure does make the game look a TON better. If only DICE would adopt this 'hack' and force it on everyone, then there would be no unfair advantage and we would get better graphics :)

... Or simply put sliders into the graphics options that allow you to adjust the tint, that would work as well.

Former TG-21st
    Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

People did the same with every Battlefield game.

Im conflicted about this, One hand I don't care.

On the other Its the only multiplayer FPS I want to play and knowing people can run around with this kind of ruins it for me.

The community is making me not want to play BF anymore, not DICE/EA.

Comment

Here's EA/Dice's stance on modifying game files: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...4786467338271/
        To make sure that everyone on the Battlefield plays multiplayer on equal terms, we also want to make sure that the game files have not been compromised for any reason. For us, a changed game file indicates the user is trying to affect the game to get the upper hand in multiplayer, whether thatís by modifying the graphics or making the game otherwise behave in a manner that is not as designed. We will not differentiate between someone who has modified the game for reasons he thinks are benign and a player doing it to cause grief online.

Players tampering with the game files for any reason need to know that this is against DICE and EA policy and is grounds for banning. Everyone else just needs to know that we will always strive to create a fair online gaming environment.
        I am not sure whether the policy separates between ranked and unranked servers or whether Punkbuster is the sole mechanism for catching this. If the server itself requests a checksum of the clients files, it may trigger a flag even on non-PB servers.

The blue tint has two purposes, (whether it achieves it or not is irrelevant to the discussion).
        First it's a branding/art direction thing to make the maps look "cold". When you see a screenshot, you know it's Battlefield just from the looks. We don't care much about that.
        But the second part is that it's also intended to reduce visibility and contrast to make smaller maps seem larger. In that role it functions like darkness, fog, blur, glare, smoke, or particles that reduce visibility.

As far as BF3 at TG goes, we would not accept that players remove fog, smoke, or blur through a 3rd party tool to improve visibility, and same goes for blue tint.

Different games work differently and have different guidelines, some games are intended to be modified, or allow for it. BF3 is not one of them. If Dice changes their mind and puts a blue-tint slider on the screen, or an option in the BF3 config file, fine. Until then, it's intended to be there, leave it there.

Comment

I doubt anyone would use this for any extremely arguable advantage it infers, rather than the vastly improved aesthic appeal. A lot of people dislike the blue tint, ridiculous contrast and sun glare. The various graphical revisions look amazing to me but until EA/DICE decide they want to use these options it is rightly off the table as Fallen has said.

Comment

The blue tint is why I quit playing BF3. PB is not banning for color tweaker.

Comment

http://imgur.com/a/vjrfk

Comment

I'd still take BF2's style over BF3's.

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD View Post
                  PB is not banning for color tweaker.
                  They're not banning yet.

There's no ambiguity from DICE/EA that modifying client files is not allowed.

Comment

My friend was telling me about this....you can change about any color on anything, obviously no source but word of mouth from friend that you could change the enemy helmet colors to be *for example* pink so you could see them a whole lot easier
                    |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Apparently next patch they are letting you use a console command to turn off the colour grading.
                      Last edited by Brainhurts; 10-20-2012, 01:08 AM.

Comment

thats great
                        |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Completely breaks thermals and night vision.

Comment

without the blue tint? hmmm another thing for them to patch :p
                            |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Originally posted by Brainhurts View Post
                              Apparently next patch they are letting you use a console command to turn off the colour grading.
                              This is where I read about the console command.
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X