Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we lose the mini map!!!

from battlelog today

"A new server update for Battlefield 3 is rolling out tomorrow on all formats, bringing more balancing tweaks to the Armored Kill gunship and the long awaited option to remove the minimap in Hardcore mode. Read on for the full details"

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...4786475623327/

I'm all for it! Finally level the playing ground from all the ridiculous vehicle perks like prox sensor. Game will come down to who is more alert and communicating better.
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Re: Can we loose the mini map!!!

Great option to have.
    |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

I see that they have fixed the knife fail problem! Evidently if two players do a knife take down simultaneously, only one of the knife kills will be effective and video played on the killers computer.

Also see that they fixed a spawn beacon bug that I was not aware of, but did observe one last night on top of building at C flag. I made that person DEAD and then managed to lob a granade up to destroy the beacon so that DEAD person would not come back to shoot me or knife me which he has done many, many times before!

Comment

Welp, Ive had fun.

Comment

Can we loose the mini map!!!

Originally posted by Brainhurts View Post
          Welp, Ive had fun.
          What's the matter? Your sitting in an armor death machine for gods sake
          "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

the option was always there. Just in the past for you to remove it, the server would be labled as custom.

I honestly prefer it.
            Please Be Warned...
            If you see me... Im never alone....
            My Soldiers Follow and are Loyal.... Problem is... you can't see me....

Comment

Im just bitter right now about everything.

Community is more or less supporting an obvious hack, because it makes the game "pretty"

More perks in the vehicles are now useless, Same with the Recon, Tugs and MAV,

I'll have to see how it goes, No mini map is why I never enjoyed BC2s hardcore, it was just a cluster of crap.

Comment

10/10, post of the year.

I for one welcome our no minimap overlords. Situational awareness should stem from true observation, teamwork, and coordination.
                Skud

Comment

Im just bitter right now about everything.

Community is more or less supporting an obvious hack, because it makes the game "pretty"

More perks in the vehicles are now useless, Same with the Recon, Tugs and MAV,

I'll have to see how it goes, No mini map is why I never enjoyed BC2s hardcore, it was just a cluster of crap.
                  So hold up

they have AA tweaks out there and your argument is it makes you too visible and should be a hack (which EA agrees with)

BUT....in HC mode armor gets an all seeing eye perk and thats ok?
                  and infantry is the one that gets nerfed in HC by loosing HP. I see this as a way to finally have anything that resembles balance across the board.

Comment

Its only useful against not being C4'd

Most if not all of the kills I get with the tank are because people are standing in plain sight,

And yes it is a hack, have you seen the pictures I posted where it turns a night map into day time, thats just as bad as a wall hack.

Comment

And yes it is a hack, have you seen the pictures I posted where it turns a night map into day time, thats just as bad as a wall hack.
                      You referring to the pics you posted from imgar? In most of those I see the sun up, eventho I have seen that map during night playing.

Comment

The map doesn't have a daytime mode.

I mean if they added a daytime mode for the map id be up for it,

But one persons game is daytime while yours is nighttime, You are hiding in some bushes thinking people can't see you, but in fact they can see you from several hundred meters away because you stand out like a red dot on a white shirt.

Comment

Would sure be interesting to try turning the minimap off for a while.

It affects several perks, and we'll need to keep an eye on what's affected. There's also a separate thread addressing the FXAA/color tweaks.

Comment

It started getting off topic this one, but yeah I think that no mini + no ingame VoIP = a really bad time

The games not balanced for hardcore let alone Hardcore with no minimap.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamthefallen View Post
                              Would sure be interesting to try turning the minimap off for a while.

It affects several perks, and we'll need to keep an eye on what's affected. There's also a separate thread addressing the FXAA/color tweaks.
                              Lets try it and see what happens

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X