Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello everybody. It has been too long, I need some help..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everybody. It has been too long, I need some help..

Hey so it has been a long time. I came back in September of last year all excited about BF3 and when the game dropped I couldn't get it to run. I was pissed. I went through the EA/Dice forums looking for help and was met with a lot of resistance and flaming then I went through EA Support and was not helped. I was told to format my computer and reinstall windows. Now, here it is a year later and I've decided to BF3 a try again. This time, I got Origin to install, the client software to install and I'm able to play the game. I've been trying to get through the single player game before I try my hand at online. It's been a very long time since I've played on the TG servers or played any online games for that matter. But I'm having a bit of an issue. The game is crashing within five minutes of starting it. I'm currently on the mission where you have to defend the bridge with the LMG and as soon as I leave the basement from disabling the IED and go to the bridge the moment I mount the LMG the game freezes and I am forced to hit ctrl + alt + del to get to the task manager to exit the game. I've read it's from Armored Kill but to be honest, the last EA game I bought was BF3 with teh Back to Karkand map pack and I don't have AK. Does anyone know of a fix?

Thanks and I hope to get this game working smoothly so I can join you on the TG servers. If I'm allowed.

[volun][drill]
    I'm cannon fodder.

Re: Hello everybody. It has been too long, I need some help..

Do you encounter this issue anywhere else?
    |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Well, it happened most frequently on the Brokensword mission or whatever it's called. I managed to get past it by shutting off a bunch of things in the options. It doesn't happen near as much as it was but it's still happening. In fact I just finished up Comrades and was doing the sniper missions and it crashed twice during that one.

[volun][drill]
      I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

running the game as administrator?
        "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Yes, I'm running as an administrator. I got it to work, I had tl turn off a few of the options like blurred and stuff. I've been rocking the SP campaign. I'll hit the servers once I'm done with the campaign.

[volun][drill]
          I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

Maybe an issue with some of your hardware. Check the GPU temperature while playing. Perhaps try reloading the drivers for the graphics card to a different version.
            |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

I did notice there was an update for my GPU so I went ahead and updated it.

I did get it running better than it was, it still crashes but not nearly as bad, instead of every five minutes I can get two hours before it crashes.

[volun][drill]
              I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

If you want further help it would probably be best if you give us a list of your systems components and operating system.
                |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Originally posted by ChIck3nL3gz View Post
                  I did notice there was an update for my GPU so I went ahead and updated it.

I did get it running better than it was, it still crashes but not nearly as bad, instead of every five minutes I can get two hours before it crashes.
                  the flags going up for a heat issue. As Namebot said we need some specs to pinpoint a little better.
                  "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Okie Dokie.

Widdows 7 SP 1 32 bit
                    eVga GeForce 560 OC 2 gig
                    8 gig of Corsair XMS3
                    AMD Phenom II X4 3Ghz
                    Motherboard is an Asus M4A87T SATA 6.0

The hard drive all of my games are installed on is a Western Digital Caviar Blue 500 gb

Not sure what else I can list. I've been contemplating upgrading to a 64 bit OS just so I can use the rest of my installed memory.

[volun][drill]
                    I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

Bam, 32 bit OS. With that 2gig video card that means you got like 2 gigs of system memory usable probably. I've seen over 5 gigs of system memory used while playing BF3 and having some associated programs(TS3, procon) open at the same time. Plus BF3 likes to eat over 1 gig of video memory if you set the settings up. Probably explains why turning the settings down helped reduce the problem. Guess what the "upgrade" to 64bit windows 7 is FREE so long as you obtain the installation media.

If you'd like to exclude the heat issue before going forward with a reinstall, you'll need to obtain some temperature monitoring software. I suggest, "GPU-Z" and "hardware monitor". Free and lightweight. Run the software while playing and monitor temperatures periodically to see that they don't exceed the stated maxs. Under 80c for the GPU and under 75c for the CPU is what I'd expect at heavy use. Also, list your power supply.
                      |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Power supply is an OCZ ModXtreme 600w.

So, where do I get the upgrade and installation media for 64 bit? I'll also nab GPU-Z and Harware Monitor.

[volun][drill]
                        I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

Ok, I just played some BF3, Mission: Rock and a Hard Place. I have a log from CPU-Z but I'm not sure how to post it here. The forums have changed a lot since I've been on last.

[volun][drill]
                          I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

Borrow the installation media from somebody, take your chances with a less safe source, or ask microsoft. The same key you are using now will work with the 64bit install.

The log should be a text file, so just open it and copy paste the info if it isn't too long.
                            |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

It's pretty long. I tried that already. Although looking through the log the computer idling is at 30C then as I play the game it climbs the highest temp is 75C which would be 167....so yeah.....

Guess I've gotta add some more fans...or something. This also explains why Skyrim crashes once in a while.

I have a Win 7 disk but it's an upgrade disk so I think I'm stuck with 32 bit. But I am planning on building a computer for my son so I'll upgrade then when I buy him an OS.

[volun][drill]
                              I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...