aftermath thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aftermath thoughts

So far i'm not a fan.....they made maps that encourage sitting back off the objective on top of a building and going "pew, pew" with a sniper rifle...... that's one thing BF3 DIDN'T need.

Playing rush several times I asked the my team (who was dedicating choppers and manpower to getting up on roofs) why in the hell are we on roofs when we are supposed to be attacking. Same thing on conquest, guys sniping (which is comical in its own right, the maps 200M end to end!!!) instead of taking an objective. Literally seen objectives in enemy control with 3 guys on a roof above it making zero attempt to capture.
    Couple this with the lack luster play the past few weeks because of bunny hoppers and use of assets as transport I'm beginning to feel like we are letting way to much stuff fly on our server. I report people very frequently....and Fallen has been doing a good job with handling it. I "hear " people on TS complain of rule breakers pretty frequently.....make sure your using "admin reporting" and then the infraction so our admins can get the server to a higher standard than what we currently have.

Need to start kicking people not playing the objectives. The game is objective based plain and simple.....let's enforce that.

..............................and I'm done.
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Re: aftermath thoughts

I really liked the maps myself. A lot of areas to explore, tunnels, upstair levels to approach the objective from. It will take quite some time to memorize the layouts before we know how to best defend flags. A lot of the enemy blokes didn't have their helmets on. So I was shooting anyone without a helmet! Got a couple of TKs but I revive them and sent them on their way.

Comment

Originally posted by OldGunney View Post
      I really liked the maps myself. A lot of areas to explore, tunnels, upstair levels to approach the objective from. It will take quite some time to memorize the layouts before we know how to best defend flags.
      Agree with Gunney. I was playing Rush on my clan's server last night and the problem with snipers is that they are the obvious positions. Gunney is right when he says there are tons of routes. These maps are a lot like Grand Bazaar if your only option in Grand Bazaar Rush wasn't running down the middle of a street.

For example,. I was defending one point on Epicenter I think. I noticed an open drain pipe and thought, hey...I wonder if I can crawl through that. I did, got behind the enemy and took out 4 guys before a technical vehicle got me. So then I came back with C4, used the pipe again and got the vehicle and 4 more guys. Was quite nice.

Next round, I was attacking....but they had learned. That nice little pipe was filled with claymores. So instead I found a way to loop on a far flank around the back to get behind them.

These maps are really great in the number of routes possible. They are not purely choke points.

The problem is with players being particular brands of a**holes. Last night I was in a squad and noticed that our squad leader had overwatch on the point. So I spawned on him with a sniper rifle, scooted off to the side about 15 feet and sniped a few guys moving on our plant. Apparently guarding the planted point was not his objective because my squad lead promptly tk'd me. I thought, well maybe he was spooked by my gunfire and just reacted so I spawned to support him again and scooted further away....I was immediately kicked from the squad. He really didn't want me giving away his "spot." (Note this was hardcore and he was the only squad member I could spawn on).

So really it is just the annoying idiots in BF3 that are the problem. Not the maps.

Comment

I don't like that everybody looks like the main dude from Gears of War! :P

Comment

I like that the maps are filled with little areas to hide and flank around in, one or two small areas that are a cluster at times, They seem balanced, Rush has actually been fun for the first time in awhile, Scavenger is fun, but can get annoying because of all the damn shotguns all over, The maps are a fairly good size, I find like all the other BF3 maps they look amazing, but they all have areas that could have used a flag on it or something else to attract people to it, Along with areas that we should have been able to enter but can't, I think the after shock could have had more "use" to it, Opening a passageway or blocking off an area or something would have been amazing, The destruction kind of seems random almost, other then that I find the maps will be my favorite so far.

As for the rule breaking, I think the playerbase for what you guys want from BF3 isn't enough that you will get many or any out of the people who will randomly join the server, I think to solve a lot of the problems some of you are having with respect and rule breaking and playing the objective, you will have to "advertise" the server, where, when, and how? I don't know, but I feel that is the only way you guys will get any amount of people to be in teamspeak, to follow the rules, and play the game how you feel it should be played.

Some how you guys have to make the BF3 server know about to the people who WILL play it the TG way, otherwise no matter how much you enforce the rules/primer, you'll just end up kicking dozens of people and end up with a empty server.

I have been in trouble for saying this before, but the majority of the "pubbies" who join and play on the server, will NEVER be the type of people who will play the game the TG way, Some will but not enough to count on.

Comment

I like the new maps with the exception of having to spam the jump button to navigate the debris...ARGH!!!
            You know what attract bullets the most in Battlefield 3?? MY HEAD!!
            sigpic

Comment

So far the new maps are excellent.
              |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

The maps are fine but these weapons are way to lethal in the game. I still find the lack of voip was a joke that EA left out. Furthermore, the strategy is less that B2. I think 64 players on these maps is too many and on some of the maps all I do is run to each flag. I am not happy with B3, feel they left the game to much like COD instead of Armed Assault 2.

Comment

I really like the new maps , The eye candy is great the balance is even better the only map I've had a problem with so far is Tallah. Its a little strange. If you are are at a low player (< 24) count the 5 flag version has you running all over the place playing whack a mole If the player count gets to >48 it seems like you cant get out of the uncap. It would be great if it had a 3 and a 7 flag version of the map to accommodate the player count issues.

I do love the rush mode with the new maps. I'd also like to see some SQDM/ TDM in the rotation then we would get to see and use some of the less frequently contested areas of the maps . I think there is a TG prejudice against DM that does not let us get full use from the maps

All in all I'd give it an 8.5 out of 10 for the DLC.
                  sigpic

Comment

I like the maps. I don't know why but they remind me of Joint Ops. My favorite map packs is still Armored Kill but these come in a close second.
                    Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

I really like the vertical gameplay, the rubble and rough terrain of the aftermath maps. They seem to play really well!

Originally posted by Al Lunn View Post
                      the only map I've had a problem with so far is Tallah. Its a little strange. If you are are at a low player (< 24) count the 5 flag version has you running all over the place playing whack a mole If the player count gets to >48 it seems like you cant get out of the uncap.
                      Yeah, this one is hard to set a player count for. We're updating the adaptive maplists and we'll see how that one plays with 32-48 players.

Originally posted by Al Lunn View Post
                      I do love the rush mode with the new maps. I'd also like to see some SQDM/ TDM in the rotation then we would get to see and use some of the less frequently contested areas of the maps . I think there is a TG prejudice against DM that does not let us get full use from the maps.
                      Part of the reason that we don't run SQDM much in a mixed rotation is that the squads get all kinds of messed up. On occasion when a lot of people join I've seen 10 man squads get formed...

Comment

aftermath thoughts

There cool and all but agreed on the sniper haven that was a clear must for DICE all the passages are nice but having to shoot some gas tank at its bottom to open it is WAY too revealing also the physics of destruction seem off in the sense that i have to hit the wall just right with my rocket to have any effect. The lack of jets is sad as jets (or planes in general) have been a mainstay for me about battlefield, granted that the rather small size would limit them and the skyscraper sniper haven would cause havoc for flying they would and could still serve what little purpose DICE has left them (if any). also still waiting on actually functioning doors and access to the roof via stairs or elevator for these sniper havens and perhaps even a flag or two inside these buildings, and I'm not even gonna start on in game VOIP cause everyone else had beat that to death.however on a positive note for the expansion the crossbow despite being rather medieval is a effective stealth weapon if people don't ghost (cough cough Lunn cough). scavengers cool and all but weapon choices seem rather um bland? Well I've had my say pick it apart and comment as you wish but I've put in my opinion.
                        When there is no more room left in hell the dead shall walk the earth. - Dawn of the Dead
                        sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X