Merry Christmas to me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merry Christmas to me

On the way to the market about an hour ago, I cut though the mall just to look in the game stop window. So I pops in and ask the girl if they have BF3, yup one left. I hears a lilttle voice telling me buy it fool! I check my wallet and only had $63USD. the gril was watchin gme and smiled as she spoke up, Sir, the game has a $20.00 promo. So I expecting it to be just the plain version said OK. WOOHOO! $42.79 later I'm walking out the door with BF3 Premium Edition :)

Yes I did spend the rest of my money on food for this week.

What do I need to know about the installation? I probley will not do that till tomorrow (tuesday 11th) as I have a prior comment at Pripyate for a monlith hunt this afternoon.
    I don't have a mike anymore but I can pick on up in Jan.

Jim
    {Once again, Fetterman wins "Grumpiest Pirate of the Week" award.} "Axis of Eeevil"

Proud Member of "TG-IRR" Since 14 Sept 2007.

Never give up, never give in. Fight until you die, or until you win. Failure does not come from a lack of knowledge or skill... It comes from a lack of will.

"Bittersweet Symphony"

Re: Merry Christmas to me

Sgt you will also install an online game launcher and browser (is that the right way to describe it) called Origin. You connect to the game servers through it and it will also update your game with patches. Expect a long download when you first try to play in order to update the game. The faster the connection the less you'll have to wait.

I haven't played in months but someone else on 1st MIP just posted that one of the updates unlocks new maps for free so I might give it a try again.
    sigpic
    |TG-1st|Grunt
    ARMA Admin (retired)
    Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

just download all the dlc/patches while your at your "commitment" so you're ready to join us in game tomorrow. - moo

Comment

Hopefully another person to join the server and be in Teamspeak with the rest of us.

Comment

Congrats! I actually wasn't sure if they sold it in stores. lol.

Comment

wait.....there are actually stores that sell PC games? Thats wierd
            "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

WTH? I have two dvds here and the darn thing is downloading the game? 11.4 gigs worth. what a bunch of horse poop. And I have not even put in the premium content code yet.

@brainhurts- I don't do TS, I tryed it in BF2 and 2142, between the ingame voip and TS, it was way too confusing.
              Besides I had a throat operation a while back and now I do not speak very wlel, heck even before the OP I didn't speak good. Ask any of the old timers about my gabbled speach.
              I don't even have a mike anymore anyways.

@ grunt- Hey bro good to see a friendly face here, is jeepo still around and the rest of the old outfit?

Edit: my crummy spelling and grammer
              {Once again, Fetterman wins "Grumpiest Pirate of the Week" award.} "Axis of Eeevil"

Proud Member of "TG-IRR" Since 14 Sept 2007.

Never give up, never give in. Fight until you die, or until you win. Failure does not come from a lack of knowledge or skill... It comes from a lack of will.

"Bittersweet Symphony"

Comment

Fetterman, TeamSpeak in invaluable to us and there is no need to speak. There are a few in TG that dont say anything or claim not to have a mic. Just show up in BF3 Lobby and our inhouse script will move you automatically into the squad channels after you start the game. As for the massive download, yeah, even tho we all have the disks we have to download the orginal content first time and each time there is a new patch out.

Comment

Yeah, the key part being that it moves you into a channel with ONLY your squad in TS. So it's not everyone babbling. When it gets under 8 players, though, it does go to one channel for everyone.

Comment

Also BF3 has no in game Voip, So you need to teamspeak if you want to work with anyone in game.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X