install problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• install problem

I sat here all afternoon while this SOB slowly installed (BF3) I have 20/20 fiber line to the router so it's not me. I even DLed a fedora 17 dvd just to chck my speed and I had that in under 13 min. anyhow now the frigging thing will not launch. I diabled my third party firwall, disabled win 7s fiewall and still nothing. I tryed with the cat5 unhooked thinking I could get it going in offline SP mode, nope.
    God I hate 7, if I could find XP drivers for this new box I go back to XP in a heart beat.
    Yea I know BF3 will run on xp

very discourged here
    {Once again, Fetterman wins "Grumpiest Pirate of the Week" award.} "Axis of Eeevil"

Proud Member of "TG-IRR" Since 14 Sept 2007.

Never give up, never give in. Fight until you die, or until you win. Failure does not come from a lack of knowledge or skill... It comes from a lack of will.

"Bittersweet Symphony"

Re: install problem

And you got Origin, right? And installed the browser-side plugin? And then launched from Battlelog?

Comment

Is it saying any error messages?

Comment

This game is pretty big and to download you have to wait a LONG time. I've seen two hour download. Not your computer fault for long time. It is EA servers. Dont forget to not let your computer go to sleep during download process. Messes up file.

Comment

"And you got Origin, right? And installed the browser-side plugin? And then launched from Battlelog? "

Yes I got orgin installed, I sent 3 hrs so far today with it telling me it can't active my account.
          browserside plugin? it said nothing about needing a plug in.
          And all the dam thing wants to do now is try to go to that battle log place. WTH for?

WHy oh why can't the ratting fratting game makers keep things simple. Why do we have to start a game from a web site? Jump though hoops to install a game when we already have it on DVD?
          I'm right on the edge, I've taken five nitro pills so far today on account of the installation crap and my chest is bothing me again right now. I am about to put the disks though the shredder and fling the case out the window.

I have less problems compiling slackware.

I got my BF2, BFSF and 2142 disks from moms and I think I will go install those and play them.

Very discourged here folks with EA's jump though the hoops crap.

YES I'M UPSET!
          {Once again, Fetterman wins "Grumpiest Pirate of the Week" award.} "Axis of Eeevil"

Never give up, never give in. Fight until you die, or until you win. Failure does not come from a lack of knowledge or skill... It comes from a lack of will.

"Bittersweet Symphony"

Comment

The games main menu is on a browser, It seems strange, but its been much better then any in game menu system Dice has ever made "There are ones that do the job much better but for Dice its pretty good"

Its a different way of doing it but its no more complicated or slower/faster then many other systems once you get used to it, Its better from a patching standpoint and can be updated and fixed in hours instead of months, as well as you don't have to launch the game wait for it to load, skip the videos, load again, click through a few pages wait for them to load, every time you want to view your friends list/stats or are waiting for a server slot to open up.

The installation of course is a different deal completely, I had some issues and it was frustrating as hell at first.

It has several steps, I don't know what is going wrong for you, So do one step at a time and it should help narrow down what is going wrong.

Download Origin,

In Origin, Make sure you are logged into your account, Set it to keep you logged in.

Does it show Premium edition BF3 in your account? If so...

Is BF3 downloaded? If not, Download it, If you have downloaded the game it should be taking you to Battlelog after clicking play

Do you have the plugin for battlelog?, It should pop up when you visit the battlelog page, Download it if you do not have it, Close the browser, Install the plugin, open the game from origin.

Now you should be back in battlelog and able to join a server, Try the TG one.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...VOIP-Teamwork/

Now if it doesn't work going step by step, come back and try to explain which step you think might be going wrong and then someone can help with it.

If all of that works you will never have to do any of it again, except if you have to reinstall the game.

I do hope what I said can help you, and that it all makes sense.

Comment

Yep, Dice tricked us big time. That BattleLog Web Browser deal is setup so that you have to see all their ads for new games before you start YOUR game. And the friends you make shows up on the right side showing you what new game they got! There is suppose to be a PARTY area where you set up in game voip but that is so difficult nobody here uses it that I know of. We got TeamSpeak and that is good enough for all my friends.

Comment

Well it beats the in game ads in BF2!

Rather have them in my browser outta the way then in the game.

Comment

hey, what if i like looking at pepsi billboards when i play? :)
                  |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Nostalgia bomb in 5, 4, 3, 2.....

Comment

Damn Dice and their Blue tints! /sarcasm

Comment

Originally posted by KnyghtMare View Post
                        Nostalgia bomb in 5, 4, 3, 2.....
                        the bomb went off multiple times just typing in "2142" XD
                        |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Sorry I have not repleyed, I been sick, plus I discovered WoW last week.

yes I have everything set up right now Thank you.

I did some reading around and found out how to play offline, how in heck were you suppose to get back in that darn subway car? Not a problem now as I am uninstalling BF3 in a bit.
                          I wished I read up about BF3 first because I would had never spent the money for it.
                          I don't like orgin haveing to be online in order to play online, thats crap.
                          Haveing to got to a website to launch the game is even more crap.
                          If I could resell the game for $25 USD I would, but I guess it is locked to my E mail address, even tho I never played it online, just about a hour offline.
                          Next time I will research more.
                          Anyways I am going to check out TG's WoW fourm

Merry Christmas

"Bittersweet Symphony"

Comment

That is too bad, Have fun with WoW

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed