Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Imporving the quality of the server, Recruitment?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imporving the quality of the server, Recruitment?

Im not entirely sure how to put this.

I do know some of the TG members/Regulars who play on the server have issues and problems with the game and I feel many of those "problems" with the game are because of the current majority of people who join the server and not entirely the game itself

Many of the problems TG members may have with the game could be fixed or at least lessened with "recruiting" people to the server, People who know the rules, who are in teamspeak and who follow their squad better, instead of relying on random people to do so.

You can change the server settings and "enforce" the rules as much as you can, but its not going to change how the current people play, Most will rather just quit then do so and the amount of people who will randomly join onto the server and play the way TG feels the game should be played are so few that it just won't be enough to make a difference.

I really think the BF3 TG server could be on the same level as the BF2 TG server was "At least from what I hear about it", but only if it has the right people playing on it, Just like the BF2 server.

Re: Imporving the quality of the server, Recruitment?

In past games I ONLY played on TG servers because I knew I would be playing with tactically minded team orientated players. However, with BF3 games don't really feel that different from other servers. Seems far too often all the TG players stick together in the same squads instead of each leading a squad themselves and giving the pubbies a purpose and direction. Randomly jumping into a BF2 Project Reality server years ago and getting wowed by someone actually squad leading is what got me hooked on TG servers. I believe this is how TG BF3 should work to recruit for their server.

One problem I see is that most people are too lazy to join a teamspeak if they are just randomly server hopping. BF2's VOIP wasn't bad so you could immediately communicate with other randoms.

I don't see how the BF3 community has put up with the non existent VOIP but the developers have no problem cranking out maps and weapons and putting a price on the DLC for it!

Comment

In game voip would help a lot, But the TG server for BF2 was know about, the kind of people who have a mic and would be willing to work together by all chance didn't randomly end up in the server, Some did but Im guessing many searched for a server like it in some way or found out about it from a friend or on some forum, I found the BF3 server this way and very few of the people who play on it currently who use teamspeak "randomly" joined into it so the same deal can be seen with the BF2 server.

The TG BF3 server is just not know about nearly as much as lets say the Reddit one for example, Ive joined it and their teamspeak/mumble can be 40-50 people at times on the server.

I think if the BF3 TG server was much more know about we could have squads full of people in teamspeak every day.

And well with them not putting voip in the game, They do have voip with Battlelog.

They heard so much about people using a third party system for voip to play and chat with friends along with issues with BC2's voip, That they did the same with Battlelog, Its one of these ideas that sound good on paper, but in reality it sucks and was generally a bad direction to go.

Most likely because of battlelog's voip we can't get a in game voip added.

First: for them its a lot more work then a map, a weapon or a vehicle and having already made a working voip system for BF3 on battelog they aren't willing to make ANOTHER system for a year old game thats a few months/year away from BF4 being out, The post release support team for BF3 is pretty small probably a dozen or two people everyone else is off doing other stuff so they are limited in what they could possibly do for the game at this point, even then DLC brings in profit where as voip does not, which brings up my second point.

Second: People still bought the game and the DLC without voip, so its a very low priority, This is a major part of it, Players don't care enough, so why should they.

Third: Possible license issues with Battlelog, At the time Battlelog was made by a third party, since then Dice has bought them and now Im not sure if its a license issue any longer so its possibly a combination of the first two issues.

That is all I have to say on the issue from what I know and maybe helps.

Comment

Still doesn't solve the problem. Aside from the many other issues I had with BF3 (Still enjoyed every moment) the lack of VOIP really kinda kills it. We all had fun when we had 40 of us in ts way back when. But when we got stuck with pubbies that are more interrested in getting a quick few kills than getting flags... Well you know. And god forbid they have to read something. EA/Dice isn't going to add it and I have gottn bored of the game. I have jumped ship to ARMA (mostly DayZ) just because I feel more immersed in the game.

If I could communicate with them... I would still be playing. But 80% of the pubbies dont care. And 5% of those that do are willing to go through the hassel to get onto our ts.
        |TG| CrazySob
        sigpic
        Wondering where I am? Look up and wait for the inevitable sound of 2000lbs of death and destruction that is about to ruin your day.

Comment

Well I don't think they would care even if the game did have Voip.

Thats why I made this post because those same people with or without in game voip would be doing the same they are now, We have to go look for people to fill Teamspeak and not expect random people to randomly join the server and randomly connect into the teamspeak.

Comment

Back when I played BF2 I never had a mic, but I still lead squads through map orders or typing when I had a second. Obviously getting people in TS is ideal and the lack of VOIP in the game is really stupid, but worst case scenario you can still lead people without it. When I played previously it was mostly TG people on the server anyway, I guess that dropped off? It would be nice if we could at least get a squad of people to team up on other servers.

Comment

You need people who will follow the squad leader with or without voip, That ability just doesn't exist for your average BF3 player, Rarely if ever will they stick with their squad members.

And thats my point, we have to go find people who will, The server would be amazing if there was 64 people in teamspeak who followed the rules and worked together.

Comment

gotta do something....we cant seem to get 24 people in the server anymore. I still love BF3, but the population is falling off. Still tons of people playing the game, we just cant get them in our server.
                "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Now the what how and when?

Im not sure.

Comment

At the very least it would be nice to get a group of people together to maybe squad up on other servers. Feel free to add me on battlelog or whatever it's called. My name on there is Cid_TG.

Comment

The "type" of player that plays Battlefield is slowly turning into the same type that plays CoD. They want to get on, run and gun, get awesome kill stats, think they could be a real life elite sniper, and don't really care about winning the game. These are the types of players that populate most other servers.

I would be down for CiD's plan: get a group together to play other servers. If other players see TG's style and like it they would be more inclined to look into TG.

BTW CiD, I sent you a friend request on Orgin.

Comment

We'd just be another "clan" running around on random servers, I play the TG server because I know other people out of my squad and on the enemy team can and are competent which makes the game much better, that there are admins who can and do work for us, Its not instant vehicle spawn, jihad jeep everything, glitch yourself into a wall crud in other servers.

I know there are people who could fill this server, I just don't know where or how to find them, and Im not going to go look for them without TG'S permission either, Because Im just a regular.

Comment

I would be down for CiD's plan: get a group together to play other servers. If other players see TG's style and like it they would be more inclined to look into TG.
                          Exactly. People look at BF2 with rose colored glasses, but it had a lot of the same issues BF3 and games in general have. Most servers are full of people who could care less about the objective. But I also recall playing random servers, putting my own squad together, and removing people until eventually I had a squad full of initially random people who turned out to be awesome teammates. Our single squad would swing matches for our whole team, and those players would have a blast and walk away thinking more about teamplay and whatnot.

So yeah, at the very least having a squad of TGers to play on other servers would be fun for us. Honestly you don't interact with other squads much so as long as ours is full TG it should be fine. Over time, hopefully we can direct some other team oriented people to this site and build up the BF3 player base some more. I'm sure there are plenty of other people looking for this kind of community but the only option they think they have is to play on random servers. Just the other night I joined a server and after bouncing between a number of squads, I landed in one that was a group of 3 dudes marking objectives, sticking together, etc. So it's definitely possible.

BTW CiD, I sent you a friend request on Orgin.
                          Awesome. Hopefully we can get some other people.

Comment

;)

Comment

Ehhh... I can get more ppl to play togeter on COD BO2 atm... Simply because I can talk to them. Was the same on BF2. And yah we know BF2 had a lot of issues. More so than BF3. But it still had a life to it. BF3 just kinda feels dead. For me its a combination of no squad Voip and the aircraft are retarded. Jets are stupid proof to fly around in. And helis are so dumbed down you dont even need to think to fly. I can't talk to random ppl to find out if they are cool or not... Its just COD on big maps with no voice, and with vehicles taking the place of kill streaks.
                              |TG| CrazySob
                              sigpic
                              Wondering where I am? Look up and wait for the inevitable sound of 2000lbs of death and destruction that is about to ruin your day.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X