No armor till 8v8

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No armor till 8v8

TG is awesome because we get raped by their armor while typing NO ARMOR TILL 8v8 while the admins explain the gentlemen agreement to us.

Yeah yeah -1 rep for being snarky.

Re: No armor till 8v8

Its a gentleman's agreement, there is no rule against it.

Pubbies gonna pubbie.

Comment

Most of TG games and servers attempt to be as realistic as possible.
      Such as no bunnyhopping, something you wouldnt do in real life,
      Team killing, obviously you dont want to be court martialed,
      Destorying team assets, same as above,
      Maturity, its required to even be in the military,
      Language, actually not tollerated in the military yet it still happens, just not out of hand,
      Racism, Obviously theres no segration in here,
      Jihad Jeeping, its a tactic used by people who have their beliefs but since it fall under the rule "Destorying team assets" its not possible

I can go on but the agreement is just set to have a fair ground but unfortunely you dont see One country talking to another saying "Hey lets just use infantry and Rifles in the desert"

The point is, Armor is seen as an asset, it turns the tides of battle in real life, the server tries not to use under 8v8 to seed the server and just... to take out armor just takes tooooo much effort. Its been set for ages, back when 2142 was played alot. Still, I attempt to message and try to get the attetion of people who use it, but I will always be in the wrong for "admin killing" or "admin kicking" anyone using armor when it is less then 8v8. If anything, use your own armor to destory them, then ditch it.

Ill always try to support you man, but I can only do so much.
      Please Be Warned...
      If you see me... Im never alone....
      My Soldiers Follow and are Loyal.... Problem is... you can't see me....

Comment

Originally posted by E_Leader View Post
        Language, actually not tollerated in the military yet it still happens, just not out of hand,
        Actually, it was in the military that I learned all my swearing! The Navy was famous for it's colorful lanquage and strange coded words for things like the "Bitch Box" for the 32mc intercomm system. Most of them I understood but I did do myself in when I was home on leave and asked my Mom, "Mom, have you seen my douche kit?" That's Navy code talk for the shaving kit.

Comment

No armor till 8v8

Originally posted by BleedingKnee View Post
          TG is awesome because we get raped by their armor while typing NO ARMOR TILL 8v8 while the admins explain the gentlemen agreement to us.

Yeah yeah -1 rep for being snarky.
          But he's right. I'm sorry but it gets a little old when we have a "guest" in our server, tell them no armor and then be ignored by them. They have no idea if its a rule or not so obviously if we type it in and they CHOOSE to ignore it they are griefers. I don't walk in someone's house and start telling them what I will or will not do..... Why do we let people do that to us? Especially when we pay for the server.
          "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Its not a rule yet, so the admins CANNOT enforce it.

Once it is a server rule set in stone then yes they should be kicked and punished for using vehicles, But untill then its only an agreement amongst TG/Regulars, An agreement that any outside player or person can do as they wish.

Comment

I always imagined the military in real life being the constant barrage of swearing you hear in BF3 and Full Metal Jacket. haha

Comment

No armor till 8v8

Originally posted by Brainhurts View Post
                Its not a rule yet, so the admins CANNOT enforce it.

Once it is a server rule set in stone then yes they should be kicked and punished for using vehicles, But untill then its only an agreement amongst TG/Regulars, An agreement that any outside player or person can do as they wish.
                Point is, they don't know if its a rule or not correct? So they choose to do other than what is asked of them in our house....... So they are obviously not the type to follow rules anyways.
                "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

And thats my entire point of my other thread.

To get what most if not all of you want of the server, We have to go find those people who will follow rules and get into teamspeak and such, Expecting them to join randomly into the server or Randomly into our squad on another server just will not work, Neither will heavily enforcing the rules with the current players that do join the server It'll result in a dead server.

I know some of you don't want to "beg" or advertise the server, but I mean its the only good way of getting players who will do what you want.

Comment

I find a lot of times the players that do not respond to requests to not use armor during low population also do not respond to any sort of attempt at communication, from the enemy team or their team. I usually try to find my way onto their team and coordinate with them, suggesting we go on foot in squad chat. About 50/50 success rate I'd say. If they don't respond at all they are not coordinating or communicating. Pretty sure that is required on the server, so let an admin know.

I do get better results with "Hey, <playername>" rather than "NO ARMOR" as well. Starting a conversation off on the right foot can make a world of difference in how people respond.
                    |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X