YOUR input on the server.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YOUR input on the server.

Recently I have been mixing up the server and giving that administrative presence to new commers, I gave enough chances for them to comply as well.
    I have been going off the request of the server and recently the server size has been going up. Averging around 35~40 players every few nights.

Previously DrunknSol told me that the Amtrac spawns tooo quickly on Wake Island rush, and a few other players said the same. Out of curiousity I asked the server professionally if it was alright to increase the spawn time on armor and the server was for it. I increased to 500~ (700 on wake island) nad the game felt different, I saw more people moving with armor. People demanding air support yet it was down and out for awhile. That was realistic.

I recieved feed back on the temporary setting and want you all (those who played and have not) to comment below. Do you enjoy the somewhat "use-or-loose" armor aspect?

Please vote... Again...
    Yes
    78.57%
    No
    21.43%
    Please Be Warned...
    If you see me... Im never alone....
    My Soldiers Follow and are Loyal.... Problem is... you can't see me....

Re: YOUR input on the server.

longer vehicle spawn times worked well for me. especially with the heavy ones like tanks and choppers. i always hate it when i try to hard to destroy something and it just comes right back.

Comment

While I haven't been able to log many rounds lately I would be all for longer armor spawn time. Maxing it at 500% would be as far as I would go for a general setting as that is the default filter setting and will keep the server in the vanilla HC list still.
      sigpic

Comment

Depending on the map and ticket amounts.

Bigger maps with more armor or more tickets the longer the spawn time, Armor plays a big part, but its not completely crucial to winning the match for either team, Too short of a spawn time and its just a constant tank battle with some helpless infantry caught between, To long and depending on the ticket count it can cause your team to lose by several hundred tickets because the balance is thrown off for too long of a time, no matter what "skill" or tactics your team has, Armor in the right hands can be worth 2+ squads worth of power.

Smaller maps with Less armor or less tickets need a shorter spawn time, Armor on several maps is a MUST to keep a even playing field, Too long of a spawn timer and its unfair to focus most of your teams winning strategy on to a single piece of armor, Too short and neither team can make any advancements towards other objectives.

Im not sure the rate of ticket loss with flag amounts and whatnot, but I think your team should not lose more then 25% of your tickets between vehicle spawns.

To me thats a nice amount of time to advance, but not long enough that by the time the enemy can mount an effective counter attack they have already lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Brainhurts View Post

Smaller maps with Less armor or less tickets need a shorter spawn time, Armor on several maps is a MUST to keep a even playing field, Too long of a spawn timer and its unfair to focus most of your teams winning strategy on to a single piece of armor, Too short and neither team can make any advancements towards other objectives.

Im not sure the rate of ticket loss with flag amounts and whatnot, but I think your team should not lose more then 25% of your tickets between vehicle spawns.
          Which maps are you referring to?

Comment

Damavand Peak, Seine crossing with the Bridge Flag, Karkand at times, Pretty much any map where its 1VS1 with the armor.

It was fine on the settings before for the small maps, You still could take them out and have breathing room, but it wasn't what caused either teams defeat at the destruction of their armor.

Comment

Agree on Peak, disagree on the others. We played seine and karkand with increased armor times and it was fine (and better than regular settings imo). Only issue becomes if team is pushed back to spawn but that is nothing smoke can solve.

The only issue I see with increased armor time on maps like Seine etc is if one tank is destroyed and someone dominate with armor (like yourself) is in the remaining tank.

Comment

That is my point.

No real opposition for a good chunk of the round is a very big possibility on a few of the smaller maps.

Comment

While this may happen from time to time Brain. I would like to think that our server regulars know how to bounce back and run an engi squad specifically to get rid of that armor.

Just last night we ran into a somewhat similar scenario while waiting for our tank to respawn on Siene all it took was for our squad to decide to follow and take out the op fors tank. I distracted with a rocket and one of our squad placed c4 from the other direction. BOOM goes the tank!

I know its not always that easy, but it shouldn't be and the reward for taking it out is a reprieve from said armor.

We have debated this in others threads months ago as well. Since then there has been enough changes (player skill, armor balance, weapons) that having this discussion again will be interesting.
                  sigpic

Comment

Also to add input, the settings hasnt changed and I only have ran it as this when we are 30+ players strong on large maps. I know small maps it can be... rather annoying when its a fatal funnel and no matter how many people are shoting the tank it will not go down because it has sooo many enginners reparing it.

Also, since I started rolling out with my EoD bot the number of them in server(s) has incresed. This makes things balance out a littlbe because Numberous times I have taken the long way with a EOD bot, sneaking behind the Op and torched the tank. Requiring alot more attention needed to make sure armor is kept up. If only it had wing...
                    Please Be Warned...
                    If you see me... Im never alone....
                    My Soldiers Follow and are Loyal.... Problem is... you can't see me....

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X