TG's BF3 server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ANNOUNCEMENT] TG's BF3 server

Good morning everyone! A new DLC is upon and right now we have all modes setup for your playing pleasure.

We will be changing that up as the days go by, this is just to give everyone a taste of what the new maps are like in the different modes.

Your feedback as to what you like about them and the new gamemodes is appreciated as always :D.

If you need to get an admin, try in game or pm me here on the forums and I will do my best to respond quickly.
    sigpic

Re: TG's BF3 server

Huzza! Thanks for setting it up.

Comment

I´ll jump in soon, the download is slow as molasses.
      sigpic

Comment

Heh, Javelins rule on these maps!

Comment

Played a few rounds on our server today.
          I really like the new maps so far. The two rounds of Capture the flag were very enjoyable. This new mode is very promising, with maps where you can flank a lot and even plan ahead a bit. This round on "Operation Riverside" (http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...151/195406693/) even gave me a short Inshail Forest BF2 PR flashback when we circled around the enemy flag in the hills to the north, with Andy falling back below us while the rest of the squad picked off any guys following him up the hill. But it wouldn't be BF3 if not shortly after that we were all wiped out by a lone sniper coming up behind us :)

On another "End Game" note: Air Supremacy only provides a limited number of planes to fly with, so many of the 48 players are not able to spawn in. To put it bluntly: Air Supremacy does not work on a 48 player server.
          former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

Thanks for the feedback so far guys! Keep it coming.

We are aware of the problem with Air Superiority, it will be fixed once we get the map manager running with map list for different player counts. For now just ask an admin to rotate to the next map in those situations.
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks for setting it up Hillbilly, waiting for my download to finish
              sigpic

Comment

OK my first impression, sorry don't know which maps go with the names yet. Liked capture the flag mode its different and requires a different mindset regarding assets which i like. I like the wide openness of the maps and the drop in IFV is the schnizzle, with the right armor crew this will be devastating when dropped behind the lines . My questions so far; Are the maps scalable? I think the versions we played today need 64 players. Do the new maps support , rush / squad rush /and the death match variants? Do other versions of air superiority have different air vehicles / choppers?

As usual rounds were fun with the server full good games everyone.
                sigpic

Comment

Im sorry for my out burst on the server, It just made me so damn angry with CTF.

Also made Aaron and Dirtboy just as angry.

CTF can be amazingly fun, but my god if it doesn't bring out the worst kind of players.

but so far, even after the problems I had with the players, These maps and modes are looking like they will be amazingly fun.
                  Last edited by Brainhurts; 03-13-2013, 01:25 AM.

Comment

CTF is hard! You sure need a team that supports you if you´re carrying the flag. If you can get to it cause on the servers I played on yesterday flagcamping was the norm. I liked CTF though, seems like a fun mode.

The maps seem a bit too sniper-friendly, on some maps I couldn´t get out of spawn before snipers shot me.
                    sigpic

Comment

I agree with alvin. It feels like I'm sniped every 5 seconds. Though I do like the maps.
                      TG21 Seriousturtle

Comment

get rules in place for CTF or take it out of rotation. When played correctly its one of the funnest game modes. When you allow players to place beacons and steal vehicles behind infantry spawn its nothing but a fest in the spawn location
                        Last edited by FYAH29; 03-16-2013, 12:15 AM.
                        "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

I agree with Ven, CTF is a amazing game mode.... If played with the right people and rules.

Id say is it possible to make it infantry only, but that would end in a draw 99% of the time because nobody could ever get the other sides flag or get it very far.

Comment

Yep, CTF needs stringent TG rules. Might be hard to enforce...
                            What seems to work best is using a tank to shuttle the flag, if you have a engie gunner that knows what he´s doing, it´s pretty effective.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
                              get rules in place for CTF or take it out of rotation. When played correctly its one of the funnest game modes. When you allow players to place beacons and steal vehicles behind infantry spawn its nothing but a fest in the spawn location
                              I disagree.

In CTF the vehicles spawns are often where the enemy team can shoot directly at their flag and there is at least 200m (I went and checked after making this post, most CTF maps are designed with 250m behind the flag in-bounds for both teams) behind the vehicles before out of bounds. This is a completely different situation than conquest when someone must abuse the out of bounds forgiveness of a chopper or jet to steal an essential asset.

A tank or iFV will kill me if I take the flag while it is sitting exactly where it spawned, so I have to deal with it. Your rule makes it so that I can run up and place C4 on a vehicle because it is inbounds, or I could mine it where it spawns I believe, but I am not allowed to enter it because..... well just because. If the driver hops out to shoot me while I am mining or c4ing, I lose the ability to hop in his vehicle and make him pay. He knows he has me. This is entirely inconsistent with the rules that TG plays on Conquest Assault maps like Wake and Karkand as well.

As for the beacons, all teams have to do about that is not be idiots. The spawns are pretty random in the back. When you get shot in the spawn area, respawn and come back with the focus of clearing out those people. Why would you have a rule against beacon spawns when a squad leader could simply park himself in a AA Vodnik outside the spawn? That happened several times last night too (and my squad took care of it because most the others were too incompetent to notice it would be a problem). The rules would be so inconsistent that you would be constantly kicking people for these things.

In CTF the spawn and the flag areas are practically one in the same. The vehicles spawn looking at that area. Players need to be aware, capable of taking down vehicles in close range, and using their team assets to break the stalemates. The more rules you put on this easier you will make it for teams to simply sit back on their half of the map and twiddle their thumbs.
                              Last edited by Misnomer; 03-16-2013, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X