No announcement yet.

North American BF3 Tournament!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [EVENT] North American BF3 Tournament!

Exciting news for you all. We have been invited to take part in a tournament of the America's!

What is this you ask? Well there has been a BF3 league in South America that has done rather well and its creators have decided for this season to expand to include North America as well. There are 4 ladders in this season's tournament, 12v12 and 8v8 CQ with vehicles as well as 5v5 and Squad Rush (no vehicles). You can read more about rules and maps to be played here http://warexcess.com/ .

The games would be played mostly on NA servers, unfortunately for our Euro brothers/sisters in arms the times of matches may not be what would be considered good timing. All matches will take place at 21:20 (GMT-5) or 9:20pm EST each ladder is played on a different day.

Squad Rush Wed
    5v5 Sun
    8v8 Tue
    12v12 Wed

I think this would be an interesting and fun way to spend some time playing BF3 and I hope some of you think so as well. I have been asked to let them know by April 7th if we will be putting a team forward so let me know in the next few days if you are interested!
    sigpic

Re: North American BF3 Tournament!

how much time would one have to commit, practice and game time, if you want to participate?

Comment

Sounds like fun. I cant commit due to the time difference but I sure hope you can put a team together to represent TG. Ill be cheering in the background :)
      sigpic

Comment

I'm able to commit to this.
        Any website for this and details?

Comment

Realistically, we have enough active and dedicated players for 4v4 or 5v5. With that said, my competitive experience is in 4v4 squad rush. It is simple and fun. One objective, defend or attack. Various strats already exist in my head for most of the maps(besides the new ones).

Also if we want to get into this, the key is repetition. If we just get on the day we have a match, we will most certainly lose because we have no squad cohesion. So we would have to scrim atleast 2 or 3 times a week to get to know each others playing style and iron out anything someone might be doing wrong. If anyone has any questions about strats and overall match gameplay, dont hesitate to contact me on ts or by PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FullMetalOTN View Post
            Any website for this and details?
            See first post, website is in there.

@Kwalc thanks for offering to share your experience!

I am definitely in on this as well. I would love to have a couple more names for the roster so we would have alternates if necessary. I'm fine with squad rush as the maps are pretty fun. Would any one rather do 5v5 CQ?

I am looking forward to this!
            sigpic

Comment

Im not really interested that much anymore, the more I look into it the worse it looks for me.

Comment

I can pretty much to everything, only thing i'll need to work on it my gun play and sticking to one gun this weekend and practice.

Comment

I have entered our name into the competetion, I will be submiting the roster this week, and update details going forward.

At this point counting on :
                  Kwalc
                  FullMetal
                  Cuervo
                  Hil3illy

hopefully a couple of other would like to join us.

Cuervo, at this point I would expect that the amount of time to put into this would be no more than what you play already, just structured differently. Again, more details following.
                  sigpic

Comment

I'll give this another go. A bit put off by our duels with the FIST guys. Haven't read the rules and regs yet, hopefully some hardcore is involved a less restrictions on weapon choices.

I'm up for either the Squad Rush or the TDM on Wednesday nights. I can also do the Sunday game.
                    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X