Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone please do something about the map rotation?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone please do something about the map rotation?

First of all. Thank you Cappuccino Bob for making last night playable.

Secondly, there is no reason Bob should have to be changing the map rotation just to make it playable for the number of people on the server. Here was the night as it began to unfold.

I joined on Kisar Rush. It was 15 or 16 players when I joined. Naturally the squad enforcer put me in a lone squad while the others, who had just come from SQ Rush, were in a 7 person squad. That is not a problem, but when you see more people join your team you should really think about splitting up to make use of the spawns.

we gradually fell to 13 players and stayed there for most of the round. Then we got to the next round and swapped sides. Still Kisar Rush, but 3 people quit and 1 joined so we now had 11 people.

This is 11 people on a map that is too big to really be played with less than 20 well, but we suffered through 75 tickets at 5 on 6.

Then it promptly changed to. Nebandan Flats CTF. AS a result we immediately, dropped to 5 and then 4 players. This was not going to be fun with so few players.

Then we begged Bob to change the server for us. Luckily, after a few tries, he advanced the map to the next Squad Rush. Bandar Desert...always freaking Bandar Desert. We play that freakin map every single time it rotates down. http://www.gametracker.com/server_in...5.149.7:25200/ Look at the pie chart on the right. 26% of the maps played on your server in the past week are Bandar Desert.

After that we had Bob picking maps for us at request and had some good rounds. Some gun master, some conquest domination, some more squad rush... all quite fun. Thank you Bob.

Nevertheless, this should not take an admin. The current rotation is set up to fail and because I run servers with Procon myself I know it doesn't have to be this way. The Ultimate Map Manager could be set to rotate down to a random map on that list, or at least the first map after the last map played in the smaller rotation.

The medium rotation needs to be popular and moderate sized maps, not these huge ones if we are going to keep the momentum going. Aftermath Rush maps are quite good for this if you want to do Rush. Seine Crossing Medium Conquest is always a good medium, as is Grand Bazaar conquest. Aftermath Maps on small conquest are good mediums as well, I see them quite often running well on your server, but then we hit something like Kisar with 14 people and that is it for the night. CTF is the nail in the coffin if we are below 20.

Just some little changes would make this so much more enjoyable and playable. If you can't be bothered, please get a voting plugin and let us vote for maps rather than being saddled with this rotation.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Misnomer; 06-04-2013, 11:59 AM.

Re: Can someone please do something about the map rotation?

I think a voting plugin would be for the best.

The rotation is just never going to work with how the server is with its wildly fluctuating/ low player count.

It'll go up to 40 people, then drop done to almost none in a round or two and then back up to 20 and then down to 5 the next round over and over and it breaks the rotation settings.

Comment

I agree. I'd like to see some changes in the map rotation as well. Or a vote plugin. And I agree - we ALWAYS play Bandar on Squad Rush. And Armored Shield on Tank Superiority. I'm down with those game modes, just not the same maps every time. I noticed that we seem to play CTF alot on the End Game maps, as well. Maybe throw some more Conquest in the mix on those maps? I personally think Conquest on the End Game maps is pretty sweet. Overall, either a vote plugin, or some different maps and modes thrown into the mix. Seems like we've been playing the same handful of maps and modes lately.

Just my two cents.
      |TG|FullMetalDrummer

That one drummer guy who spins his hair and hits things with sticks

sigpic

Comment

Your voices are being heard. I will find some time to tweak the map lists again.

I would be interested in hearing some more maps that people would like to see. Based on the input that we get I will adjust accordingly.
        sigpic

Comment

Glad to help. I heard the cries of woe ! I was still not logged into the game. Issues with Browser update that night. just sorry I could not save more players. We sure did seem to have some great fun after the map changes though. Please, do not delay to let me know when we have issues. I will always try to help. Like with the maps, I did not have experience with the changes. But we gave it a go. Thanks again for you help and patients Misnomer.
          sigpic
          *New to TG Start Here !*BF4 Server Rules !*Battlefield 4 at TacticalGamer !

Comment

My two cents: I noticed that Wake Island has rarely been in the rotation. Unless it's on nights that I'm not on. That's one I'd like to see a little more of. Azadi Palace. Nebandan, Riverside and Sabalan in Conquest mode. Death Valley in Conquest mode is cool. Damavand in Rush mode. Bandar in Tank Superiority. Just a handful I can think of, off the top of my head.
            |TG|FullMetalDrummer

That one drummer guy who spins his hair and hits things with sticks

sigpic

Comment

We have tweaked the maplist this week. No longer shall you be dealing with Bandar Desert Squad Rush!!

@FullMetalDrummer - good suggestions, will see about adding them (some already are)
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hil3illy View Post
                We have tweaked the maplist this week. No longer shall you be dealing with Bandar Desert Squad Rush!!
                Ironically, when I joined last night it was on Bandar Desert TDM.

I like the Bandar Desert maps, don't get me wrong, they are good and should not be removed from the rotation by any means. It just seems with my luck that map will be hunting me down in my dreams.

Is the server running all custom ruleset now?

Comment

LOL, I didn't realize that there was any TDM in the maplist, I'll have to look again. Thats what I get for running procon from mobile I guess.

As for the rule set it should be all Hardcore, with the odd map (on larger sizes) set with a custom vehicle spawn delay.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hil3illy View Post
                    LOL, I didn't realize that there was any TDM in the maplist, I'll have to look again. Thats what I get for running procon from mobile I guess.

As for the rule set it should be all Hardcore, with the odd map (on larger sizes) set with a custom vehicle spawn delay.
                    It was definitely on TDM last night. Admin might have set it on that temporarily? E-leader was there when I joined.

I also checked when I left the server because I was curious why we never had any pubbers show up during the hour or so before it crashed. I figured we were at least running infantry only mode for Grand Bazaar since there were no vehicles. I can only verify that the server was on custom ruleset when it came back online. It is on hardcore now it seems.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X