Help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!

I recently came back to playing FPSs, and have been getting my butt handed to me. Prior to my break I could easily have a KDR of 2-3, right now I am lucky if I get 0.4. I can't seem to hit the broadside of a barn at medium to long range, and at short ranges even getting the jump on someone, I'm getting beat. I know this is a broad question, but what would help me?

Re: Help!

Practice practice practice, but that one is obvious. Get in squad and work with them, lone wolfing is one of the fastest ways to die. Watch some youtube videos of different maps to get the layout (this makes a large difference for your situational awareness). I would also suggest watching guys like LevelCap and Xfactor, they both have a great series of tutorials for BF3 dealing with how to fly to learning gun recoil.

Look for us in TS3 in the BF3 channels. Most evening there is a core group that gets together and plays, sometimes on our server otherwise pubbing, always a good time though.

The last advice I can give and I cringe a little as I give it....play on a TDM server. It is one of the fastest ways to learn a weapon as the whole point is to just kill die respawn and kill again. It will bring some of your twitch reflexes back and allow you to practice basic movement skills with cover.
    sigpic

Comment

Levelcap: http://www.youtube.com/user/LevelCapGaming
      Xfactor: http://www.youtube.com/user/rivaLxfactor

I would recommend videos from this playlist by xfactor: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLED27E1326062ABF8

What's your Battlelog name? I'd be willing to squad up with you at some point and see how you play. I'm sure most of TGs BF3 players would make you the same offer. Seeing how you play is really the best way to offer feedback.

By your post, it sounds like you're having trouble on accuracy. The big things to get the hang of are controlling the weapons recoil and tap firing (burst firing) instead of going full auto. Controlling the recoil is fairly simple, just what direction the weapon climbs from recoil and compensate accordingly for it with your mouse. Tap firing is to fire by tapping your mouse 1 repeatedly instead of holding it down. This method resets the cone of fire periodically while also making high rate of fire weapons a little easier to control.

This video explains the above far better than I do.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancer’s maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

Something that might seem obvious is aiming for the head. Since this is a game and a couple of rounds to the chest don´t seem to matter you need that advantage of faster kill via a headshot, especially when you have the drop on them.
        sigpic

Comment

I watched a bunch of the videos yesterday at lunch, and played a quick round last night. It went much better. I slowed my mouse down a tad as well. My Battlelog name is MDawg777. Thanks for the tips!

Comment

All great advice, headshots, tap fire, recoil control etc.

Another thing is weapon selection. If you haven't already give some thought to your kit. M16 is a grwat all rounder and has a super fast reload which is a real lifesaver. M416 is similar, a little slower on the reload I think but more accurate at medium to long range. AEK 971is great for cqb as assault due to a devastating rof but will leave you mag changing at critical times.

Bind a quick switch key for your pistol so you can transition back and forth really quickly. If you've battered someone at close range and have say half a mag in your primary and don't know if the area is clear and don't want to reload your primary consider transitioning to your pistol to finish them and then get back on your primary.

This means you still have rounds in your primary if the next target presents itself at medium range, rather than being stuck with reloading or trying to engage a medium range target with your pistol. Then reload both weapons when the area is clear. Helps me a lot.

Comment

When moving about the map NEVER just run around any corners. Always slow down, zoom in, and check corners before proceeding. That move alone will ad 7-10 kills to your score during a round.
              "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X