How is bf3/4?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is bf3/4?

I use to play 1942, vietnam, and bf2 a lot. I also loved some of the mods like forgotten hope.

I got hooked onto TG via natural selection 2 and I was blown away with the coordination, skill, and maturity. A buddy from ns2 mentioned bf4 beta has come out.

How has the game changed since bf2? Also is this part of the community very active?
    Lights Out!

Re: How is bf3/4?

BF3 is widely regarded as a letdown around here, though it had its moments for those who stuck to it. With BF4 coming out you probably won't see many TGrs playing BF3.

BF4 beta seems like an improvement thus far. I would call it everything I liked about BF3 with most of the things I miss about BF2 and 2142. Squadplay is actively encouraged by the game, commander is back, 5 man squads are a thing, squad voip is in. Check out our Battlefield 4 forum for details.

As for activity, I've seen a lot of old and new faces around here during the beta, and with the features it looks like we're getting I expect we're going to have a solid BF4 community here.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

BF3 is dead. Long live BF4!

Comment

Originally posted by BleedingKnee View Post
        BF3 is dead. Long live BF4!
        Qft.

Comment

How is bf3/4?

So I played Battlefield three for the first time since the battlefield four beta. Oh my how badly it sucked compared to the beta. Several times I found myself as recon running at tanks to plant c4 only to pull out my Spawn beacon.
          Or I pushed my push to talk button to tell my teammates I was down or a enemy contact only to hear Pure silence.

It's going to be a very long two weeks
          "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

I tried it last night to kill some time......went to bed early and thoroughly wishing that the release date was today.

There is a drastic change in pace and feel between these two games. Battlefield 4 feels like what I think we were really expecting with BF3....a true successor for the franchise!
            sigpic

Comment

I think I might play some BF3 just so that I can enjoy the step up to BF4 even more...

Comment

I may just play the free to download BF1942 as I wait for BF4... that is if I can steal some time away...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

I was so happy with the BF4 beta that I've already uninstalled BF3.

Long live BF4.

Comment

I haven't been so jacked about an FPS in quite some time. Like others have said, BF4 is what BF3 should have been.

It makes a fella wonder if they didn't screw the pooch on BF3 purposely to make BF4 seem all the more fantastic.

I think I'm happiest about the speed. BF3 makes you feel like a hamster on crack. Everything is 1,000 miles per hour. BF4 slows it down just enough to make strategy and tactics more relevant, and my twitch speed and rockstar consumption less so.
                    SPOOK...
                    "Good tactics can save even the worst strategy. Bad tactics will destroy even the best strategy." - George S. Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Spook View Post
                      It makes a fella wonder if they didn't screw the pooch on BF3 purposely to make BF4 seem all the more fantastic.
                      Let's not give them that much credit.

Comment

I believe it was to get the crack junkies off of COD for a while...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

maybe bf2 will come back. miss it. good old days of 33rd and 7th.
                          |TG-33rd|Gunrack

[squadl][defense][assault][unit]
                          [at][tg-c1]

Comment

Amen brother!
                            Imaging a real super kewl 21st signature here

Situational Awareness Deficiency Syndrome
                            It is a serious disease.
                            Please Q-Spot! generously

Yah, I got me medals somewhere around here

Comment

Holy thread revive! We no longer have a BF3 server. Instead we have a BF4 server. Come check us out!
                              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                              TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                              Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                              Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X