Mod tools WIP - BF3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mod tools WIP - BF3

Some people are working on actual mod tools for BF3. Jackfrags posted a video a few weeks ago about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DtjQQUp_80

http://veniceunleashed.net/

https://www.reddit.com/r/VeniceUnleashed/

Seems pretty neat, runs separate from Origin, but you still must have a legit BF3 install. Community is small atm, but the potential could be pretty interesting.

Spectator Mode
    The spectator mode allows you to join a server as a spectator instead of as a player. You can roam around the map freely or follow a player in 1st or 3rd person, which makes detecting cheaters and filming cinematics much easier than it was before

Private Server Hosting
    As opposed to the original game, we don't limit hosting to only a few providers. All users will be allowed to privately host dedicated servers.

High Frequency Servers
    Experience smooth and responsive gameplay in high frequency servers, with simulation rates ranging from 60Hz to 120Hz and update rates from 30Hz to 60Hz, which results in up to 3 times less latency compared to vanilla BF3.

Advanced Configuration Options
    Things like the blue tint and the the blinding sun were something that annoyed players since the release of BF3. Now server hosters can finally turn those, and countless other options, off (or leave them enabled, it's all up to you!).

Mods and User-Generated Content
    A major part of Venice Unleashed will be user-generated content in the form of mods. You will be able to write custom gamemodes and game logic in the form of script extensions, as well as create entirely new content with Rime, our custom Frostbite editor.

Multiple Soldiers
    Last but not least, we won't restrict you to only one soldier like in the original game. You can create multiple soldiers. Plus, resetting your stats will no longer be a premium-exclusive feature. Don't like your soldier anymore? Simply delete it!

Even though you will need to own a valid license for BF3, Venice Unleashed itself functions completely without any connection to EA - there's no risk of getting banned.

Re: Mod tools WIP - BF3

Sounds interesting. I remember talk if this a couple of years ago. Its pretty cool they have been able to take it this far. Especially since we were told it was 'impossible' todo.
    sigpic

Comment

I can verify it works, I downloaded their client, and successfully connected to a empty BF3 server. There wasn't really anyone playing, but it gives me hope. I'd love to see this game get opened up for BF4 while it's still super active.

Comment

I saw this too. I wouldn't mind giving it a try. Do we need to worry about the expansions?

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

I'd really like to see it as well
          sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed