This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [BRAVO] Offense Strategy

Please post your thoughts on an offensive strategy.

Please consider we have 30 players based on the current plan.

Please don't share this information outside of our team.

Re: Offense Strategy

On offense, we have to seize the airfield. Seizing the airfield neutralizes the Russian air vehicles and can allow us to split their positions up. The two adjacent flags next to the airfield spawn tanks so those would be worthwhile to capture as well.

My 2 cents :)

Comment

Airfield at all costs. Other flags can come easily. I've only ever seen the attackers win if they manage to hold C for a considerable amount of time.
      Skud

Comment

Might be good to focus most of our efforts in one or two spots from the get go, a shock and awe on C and maybe one or two nearby flags. I expect they will do something similar.

Boats have decent success going around to D, just past E, as long as there is air cover. The choppa could do a halo drop.

Comment

If they're anything like us, they'll be using soflams as well. It'd be wise to circumvent this and have dedicated tanks use smoke (or have friendly engies at hand) and choppers using ECM jammers.

Not sure how good of an idea it is, but I think choppers should fly over land or closely along the cost. They may be easier to hit, but it allows for a quick bail onto land. Bailing over water and swimming is pretty much a waste of tickets.

Comment

We should also have a dedicated mav user to take out their soflam's

sigpic

Comment

If I were their CO I'd expect a huge push at Charlie right off the bat, and would devote considerable resources to its defense. I'd also put up SOFLAM's immediately to take out incoming choppers. Whatever we do we need to make sure that our troops actually get onto the ground and can secure at least one flag off the bat. I say we split the team in two, have one group hit a flag adjacent to Charlie and another one go straight to it from the other direction. If we can get a good push we can hit them from both sides and quickly cap it while still having a flag to fall back on. Another single squad can possibly work on capping a flag on the other side of the map to keep them on their toes.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

I took a little time to think and made this jsut as an idea.

boat landing at A and B
                fake out boat up the middle
                long distance boat aroudn to C
                blackhawk drop off at E
                helo supports landing at A and B than supports landing at C
                jets take out armor if possible at A, B, and maybe C
                jets also #1 priority is enemy jets and #2 priority is helo
                amtrack attempts to make it up the middle to C if possible
                |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

If we can't get the flag itself, a group of engineers can either blow up the air assets themselves as they spawn (or land), steal them, and if they're good enough, grab the Mobile AA that also spawns on the base. That thing kills infantry and air assets easily in the cramped quarters as long as no armor rolls in.
                  |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Originally posted by Atatron View Post
                    We should also have a dedicated mav user to take out their soflam's
                    Agree with this.

If someone working alongside the Attack Helicopter is a MAV user they can a) destroy the soflams to make it safe for the chopper to attack b) spot and guide in the Atk Heli for maximum effect on an area, c) getting eyes on the ADV, tanks and inf formations.
                    AnimalMother
                    Ex TG-31st LR
                    "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback
                    sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

I don't use the MAV extensively. How can a MAV take out soflams? Roadkilling it?

Comment

ECMs that come along with the MAV can jam and destroy Soflams when it's in range.
                        |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

I agree that they will expect C to be hit hard. It may be possible that we can contain them at C rather than throwing our resources at it.

If we were to strike B and D with 2-3 squads each, we should be able to easily take those flags. From there, 1 squad from each group could fall back to take A and E, respectively. The squads remaining at B and D could set up SOFLAMs to negate any armor or air assets that they try to launch from C. From there it would just be a matter of keeping their infantry at bay.
                          sigpic

Comment

The offense strategy must avoid overcommiting to a single initial thrust/plan. Count on failure and then ask what is the next step? Does the CO continue to commit forces to the failed/failing attack or regroup the team and move to plan B (whatever that is).

The second attack plan provides a general fallback, but in all probability, the initial attack will set in motion events that will lead to rapid innovation on the part of the CO and the SL.

Also -- what is likely to succeed -- an attack on their most defended position (Charlie, one assumes) or an attack on their weakest link fully supported by all available assets.

What if we launched a full assault on the tip of the island below Echo as the opening gambit or as a second assault?

If a first full assault on Charlie failed, one assumes that the opposite tips of the island would be the weakest areas.
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm probably in the minority but I definitely think that making a full assault on C is not the best course of action. It's the most obvious move we could make and so that is where their defenses will be strongest. While it is tempting to take control of their air assets, I don't think it is imperative. This is especially true if we use SOFLAMs/Javelins effectively.
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X