Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inter-Squad Communication

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [BRAVO] Inter-Squad Communication

    How do we plan on doing it? SL-to-SL channel?



  • #2
    Re: Inter-Squad Communication

    I think that would work the best. Should air assets also put themselves in this channel for target location from sl's?
    |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Inter-Squad Communication

      SL to SL plus Air will almost certainly overwhelm the SL's channel. Do q-spotted vehicles show up on the minimap?
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Inter-Squad Communication

        Also,


        We should have an CO (do we have one?) -- the current team leader would be the logical choice.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Inter-Squad Communication

          Not sure if it's a good idea, but what are the thoughts of a "senior SL" (I'm trying to avoid "commander"). I ask because inevitably our plans will be ruined. On defense we may lose C, on offense we may not capture it; a squads plan will eventually fail, and a proper backup plan is dependent on what nearby squads are doing. SL's will adjust their own squad's gameplan based on proximity priority, but it may not be the best move on a macro level (too many squads may react, might leave an area unattended, etc).

          I might be overlooking something, but I think it'd be wise to have someone keep track of each squad's current plan and monitor the overall situation. It should arguably be someone on the defensive who doesn't have to multitask between shooting and managing.

          My 2 cents.


          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Inter-Squad Communication

            Originally posted by Pvt Brokeback View Post
            Not sure if it's a good idea, but what are the thoughts of a "senior SL" (I'm trying to avoid "commander"). I ask because inevitably our plans will be ruined. On defense we may lose C, on offense we may not capture it; a squads plan will eventually fail, and a proper backup plan is dependent on what nearby squads are doing. SL's will adjust their own squad's gameplan based on proximity priority, but it may not be the best move on a macro level (too many squads may react, might leave an area unattended, etc).

            I might be overlooking something, but I think it'd be wise to have someone keep track of each squad's current plan and monitor the overall situation. It should arguably be someone on the defensive who doesn't have to multitask between shooting and managing.

            My 2 cents.
            What's wrong with having a "commander"? =)
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Inter-Squad Communication

              Because the "commander" does not have access to any tools that would enable him/her to become one in BF3. No real intel capabilities or abilities to call support in via crates or artillery like in previous full-fledged BF iterations. Broke has the right idea of choosing a senior squad leader per se who has the authority to tell squads what to do but is ultimately relying on the squads to provide him/her with intel.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Inter-Squad Communication

                You guys are already considering having someone(s) dedicated to flying a MAV. One of those players would ideally have the best overview of the battlefield and most information. The only thing standing in the way then is an organized line of communication and squad location identification.
                |TG-12th| Namebot

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Inter-Squad Communication

                  We will get all that set up. Let's see how the strategy threads play out, I'll finalize our thoughts into a plan with the right squads and assignments. I agree on the plan B, C, etc. , it never goes as planned. We will assign focus areas to start, and maybe even have a plan B for each squad, so each SL can make some quick decisions once we see what happens w/ the initial push.

                  Depending on who has what role, I'm sure we can find someone with the experience and desire to play the role of 'commander' if desired, in principal, but I expect each SL to take on some/most/all of that onus to keep an eye on the bigger plan and adapt accordingly.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Inter-Squad Communication

                    Originally posted by E-Male View Post
                    SL to SL plus Air will almost certainly overwhelm the SL's channel. Do q-spotted vehicles show up on the minimap?
                    Yes they do show up, if its engaging u anyway and you dont q-spot I'll see it on the minimap. Soflam targeting is the best cause I have a big red square of where the armor is. But the distance-from-troops will determine the priority, usually whatever is spotted first. LGM can also lock onto enemy MAV's. I can attempt to keep them as blind as possible through the round
                    |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Inter-Squad Communication

                      Originally posted by di1lweed1212 View Post
                      I think that would work the best. Should air assets also put themselves in this channel for target location from sl's?
                      In my TG experience, SL's talking to air assets via the 'Team' channel has been fine to alert both the SL's and the whole team of impending strikes. Obviously, these comms should be kept to a minimum. But team assets that cross squads like air and SOFLAM, etc are a perfect fit for the Team channel, if the comms are kept to a minimum.
                      Beatnik

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Inter-Squad Communication

                        ok, sounds good :) is teamchat through game or TS? As to the chatter, just call out armor type and postion so example would be "tank C".
                        |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Inter-Squad Communication

                          I was referring to the TS team channel that SLs have access to broadcast on. :)
                          Beatnik

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Inter-Squad Communication

                            Is there going to be a time where we all gather or the SLs gather to discuss the plan? Like tomorrow night or something? Or did I miss the meeting >.>

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Inter-Squad Communication

                              Regarding TS communication for the pilot folks, I recommend that there is direct SL-pilot and pilot-AA vehicle/MAV comms.

                              that way SL's can quickly call in targets, and if air targets need to be engaged the AA and aircraft can coordinate quickly. Perhaps we can throw the MAV and AA in with the pilots' TS channel.

                              I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

                              Comment

                              Connect

                              Collapse

                              TeamSpeak 3 Server

                              Collapse

                              Advertisement

                              Collapse

                              Twitter Feed

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X