This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Alpha] Scrim Communications Preferences

I've been tossing around ideas on how to work squad and team comms for the scrim, and I've come up with a few options. Please indicate your preference. If you respond "other," please post to let us know what ideas you have.
    Use of TeamSpeak with subchannels for each squad and SL net
    73.91%
    Use of TeamSpeak for team-wide comms and Battlelog for individual squads
    21.74%
    Other
    4.35%

The poll is expired.

Re: Scrim Communications Preferences

Personal thought about the votes thus far....

***Gee who would have guessed? :D***

sigpic

*Proud to have served in the 11th Airborne Infantry*

Comment

Well, the original idea was that we could use it sorta like how scrims worked in 2142. The whole team can hear SL/CO comms and be able to quickly warn other players not in their squads about nearby threats. The flipside is that everyone is used to TS, so it will be much more streamlined using the popular system.

Regardless, I think we need intra-team comms somehow so that the SLs/Pilots/Armor can hear each other and coordinate efficiently.

Comment

I put other.......I have a ton of string and cups left over from new years and I think I just found their purpose......:row__734:
        "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

With teamsync running as well as using the squad plugin this should take care of all coms, no? I have my ts set up for teamwide ptt, sl ptt and squad ptt. With these 3 channels, that would cover all comms necessary. It would just take getting used to using it.
          sigpic

Comment

I like the first option but I would consider every pilots (and may be armors...) to be logged on the sl channel instead of just the sl himself.

Comment

You might want to build custom whisper lists as opposed to relying on TeamSync.
              |TG-88th| DaddyOfThree

Comment

Daddy makes a good point. We probably ought to build whisper lists that do basically the same thing as TeamSync, but which include our air assets.

Comment

If we are going to use the whisper list's, is there going to be a standard format that we will all use so that there is no confusion? I would like to get it set up before we all meet in channel for the scrim......and I am not 100% sure how to do that with 30 people in channel.

Would we be able to set up in TS squad channels so everyone could build the lists based off of that??
                  How many channels do we set up for comms??

Since most of us (assumption on my part) are only used to using one channel it'd be nice to try this out before the scrim.
                  sigpic

Comment

I definitely would like for us to get this all ironed out before the day of the scrim. I'm not sure how many channels we can have in TS, especially since there have been problems lately with the number of channels already created and making new ones, so we may actually have to check with the admins to see what the deal is there. The main reason I threw Battlelog out there as a squad chat option is that using Battlelog and TS only requires two keybinds and very little setup, whereas using TS exclusively requires at least three keybinds and means that we have to create 16 more channels in TS.

Comment

Just throwing this in the hat. I have yet to have SL chat work reliably for me. sometimes it doesn't assign me to the group. Others times it assigns me to the group, yet no one can hear me. I actually have only had it work 1 time since it's launch. I know others are having troubles so all you SL's make sure it works for you. I have gone through the setup over and over and for the life of me have no idea why it's NOT working.
                      "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

I think that is where the advantage of teamspeak + battlelog voip comes in. We can still have everyone in one TS channel (in case of high priority comms, like CO to team or jets to a specific squad) while battlelog can handle squad level chatter (revives and ammo). I know origin and battlelog are the devil but they might have their uses in making this easier.
                        Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

^ What he said. I'll throw my vote in for Battlelog + TS.

Comment

When put ^this way, I too would agree to the battlelog and TS. I've just gotten so used to teamsync I don't think I've used battlelog VOIP since the first day.
                            sigpic

Comment

Has anyone had technical issues with Battlelog VoIP? Let's be sure it's a reliable alternative before we get too far.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X