X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Alpha] Foxtrot

Gentleman,

We have been tasked with managing both Amtrac, and Huey (AirCav). IMO we really need 3 man crews for each, but that's not happening, so the question is, what is the best approach? 2 and 2, 3 and 1? Which has a better chance to make it to A at the start?

1 wrench could theoretically manage the Amtrac alone, if it was kept "behind the lines", leaving the remaining 3 to concentrate on gunning and wrenching AirCav. Also, if both wrenches have Javs, or a jav/stinger combo, they can really have some fun. :)

Please discuss.

Re: Foxtrot

Have 1 person start driving Amtrac to land, gunner is unnecessary until contact is made. Run 3 in the venom (as it is 15 sec quicker to land) for initial charge, depending on how the air battle goes from there we can switch the troops around.

When we are RU which tanks are we going to use? I don't think that AA has been assigned so maybe we would be most useful as a squad at C with the tank and AA? that would give us 1 extra wrench to help with the AA and carry either Jav/Igla for AA coverage as well.

Even running 3rd seat in tank just to mark air targets would be better than having a soflam up. The Tungska AA missiles should lock with that too.
    Last edited by hil3illy; 01-10-2012, 11:39 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

I believe the Tungska's missiles are the same as all heatseaking missiles and don't interact with the SOFLAM/CITV seat.

Comment

Nuts......
        sigpic

Comment

FYI, Aruncado and I will basically be functioning as part of Foxtrot squad despite our separate logical squad. There are only two of us, so it makes sense to attach ourselves to Foxtrot. For the initial push, we won't have a third vehicle to run, so we can help out with air cav/AMTRAC until we take either E or A and acquire a tank.

Edit: You'll also notice I didn't set a squad leader for either the air assets or the armor squads. That's because I don't think it really matters that we have one. Everyone will have their own job, as it were, and those responsibilities might be on different sides of the island.

Comment

^^Good news indeed. We can start with 3 in the choppa, and 3 in the Amtrac, until we get a tank.

Comment

I like where this is going. Was a chopper gunner today and on Oman we took out 2 jets. Those guns are no joke if you get the opportunity!
              sigpic

Comment

Just to be clear, where does the Amtrac go first? A or E, I didn't see any mention of it in the finalized strategy thread. I know it was mentioned for both flags at some point last night.
                sigpic

Comment

I believe the amtrac would be moving alpha side off the start. It will be too slow/vulnerable to make a difference till we get established on land but its only one ticket for a mobile spawn on alpha side.
                  Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

roger that
                    sigpic

Comment

yes, Initially as attackers, Hillbilly should drive the Amtrac to A via outside beach, supporting the assault on A, then B, while trying to stay back from the front line a bit. Surviving, and keeping that spawn point is the primary goal. Meanwhile Me, Squinty, and HiTest will man the Huey. As the battle goes on we will change back and forth from Amtrac to Huey as needed.

As RUS, We will Hold C, using the tank, and Tunguska. I will find a nice place for a beacon, just in case.

Kit assignments:

Bear61 - SL Recon, W/Beacon
                      Squinty - Engineer, W/Jav and wrench
                      HiTest - Engineer, W/Jav and wrench
                      Hillbilly - Engineer W/Jav and wrench

Good Hunting!

Comment

Lets double check squad perks are not overlapping on spawn in, I like Squad Explosives, Flak and Sprint for engineers who will spend most of the time in armor. Since we aren't changing roles mid round we should only have to pay attention to them on the first kit selection.

Comment

Just a quick note: I will probably be carrying RPG/SMAW when Arun and I are running the tank. The reason for that is that there will be a metric ton of Javelins in game from the way everyone's been talking, and something that doesn't require a lock tends to be easier to use when wrenching for a tank. You can hop out, fire-and-forget, then repair.

Comment

Great job with the rest of the armor! We got props for it from the other team. And it sounds like the transport over C was pretty effective. Good job!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X