Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SCRIM] Ideas for US (AF Scrim 02/04/2012)

Please place any thoughts here so we can start working out a plan for Caspian.

Reapator, overlord of ponies

re: Ideas for US (AF Scrim 02/04/2012)

Take and hold B, A, and D if possible...C would be a bonus and harassment/capture of E would deny them armor and maybe gain us a piece.

Comment

Hold A,B,C,D

Make sure we control D because If we lose B or C we can simply run down the hill can re-capture the flag.

Having Tanks in between C and E, and at B would be good.

Also controlling the skies would give us a clean victory.
      We need our two jets to control the air and support the heli.

Also every 5 min use a MAV to locate SOFLAMS.

Comment

Just a thought to consider, but I was playing caspian a day or two ago as US and we decided to make a mad dash for E to try to throw a wrench in their plan by taking the back flag. We capped it with a lot of engis and a support or two, and were able to destroy every piece of armor they rolled out of their base. We popped over to C every once in a while to mix up the pressure, but overall it seemed to work well and it also seemed quite unexpected (we flanked around the back after almost all of them had ran straight through E). Finally, I forgot exactly where they were, but I believe there were spots where a single squad could position itself in defense of D and watch over every entrance to the flag. One of the most important parts is using the shadows to your advantage, and if the little 5x8 storage sheds have not been knocked down, they are perfect spots to lay in wait in as you are almost invisible when inside.

Former TG-21st
        Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Originally posted by MacLeod View Post
          ...we decided to make a mad dash for E to try to throw a wrench in their plan by taking the back flag. ....
          I agree, using a fast mover to go through A and then flank wide towards back of E usually works pretty well.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MacLeod View Post
            Just a thought to consider, but I was playing caspian a day or two ago as US and we decided to make a mad dash for E to try to throw a wrench in their plan by taking the back flag. We capped it with a lot of engis and a support or two, and were able to destroy every piece of armor they rolled out of their base. We popped over to C every once in a while to mix up the pressure, but overall it seemed to work well and it also seemed quite unexpected (we flanked around the back after almost all of them had ran straight through E). Finally, I forgot exactly where they were, but I believe there were spots where a single squad could position itself in defense of D and watch over every entrance to the flag. One of the most important parts is using the shadows to your advantage, and if the little 5x8 storage sheds have not been knocked down, they are perfect spots to lay in wait in as you are almost invisible when inside.
            I second this idea (or 3rd, after Alvin). The risk is that it's very hard to defend, but successfully holding it with a good AT squad will deny them an extra tank.

Comment

I will 4th this motion. I would say that a direct run to E at the beginning is a very good idea. E in itself is the key to victory for US as it allows the rest of the team more room to move and will bottleneck their armor.

Comment

I'm all for MacLeod's idea as well. IF we want to be a little conservative, we can split a single squad to take A and B and meet up on C. Everyone else would do the Highland rush towards E.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

I like this idea as well. Was playing Caspian yesterday and I believe it was a squad of 3rd members took E and decimated our armor pushing through. It was one of the most annoying rounds of Caspian I've played. The only way through at that point is to hoof it.
                  sigpic

Comment

Only thing is if we let them have Gas station we can attack them without camping the roads out of their UCB.
                    We want them to bleed, so we need them to spawn on 1 flag so they think they can push

Comment

This is up for debate, but I think we're okay with one buggy to E, provided all 3 spots of the buggy are SL's with their squad members holding spawn. With 32 players we have 8 squads, so we still have 5 squads, depending on what our gameplan is.

If we agree on taking E, what's our plan for the remaining 4 flags? Which do we hold and which do we concede?

Comment

Not a bad idea brokeback. They can take the flag and then decide if they can move around or are needed to stay and defend.

Fullmetal, denying them their armor will give us a much easier time to ensure bleed. They'll be attacking stronger forces wherever they go, and will likely overcommit to get E back and leave other flags open for the taking.

Comment

Originally posted by Anospa View Post
                          Not a bad idea brokeback. They can take the flag and then decide if they can move around or are needed to stay and defend.

Fullmetal, denying them their armor will give us a much easier time to ensure bleed. They'll be attacking stronger forces wherever they go, and will likely overcommit to get E back and leave other flags open for the taking.
                          Yes turn, but even so, I'm able to take armor out within the first or 2nd strike of a viper/havok strike.
                          They only get 1 armor at Gas Station, by the time its up, it would be destroyed.
                          So maybe learning the respawn time would help.

I just think having a fully controlled map is to much.

If we do take Gas station, we need a strong squad at B.

Comment

FullMetal, by holding E, the plan isn't to have a fully controlled map. Instead the plan is to have their resources committed to trying to take it (assuming a successful defense).

Additionally, you can't just assume that you can take out armor easily. You have to assume they're not going to be reckless with armor and let it be taken out and simply be content with them having the armor respawn.

Comment

This is my overall strategy
                              32v32 = 8 squads of 4

2 squads main base tanks -- MBT
                              1 air squad -- Air
                              1 tank squad for A flag tank -- ADef
                              2 anti tank squads --AT
                              2 inf squads -- Inf

Tanks and inf work best together so one tank per squad with inf support. 3 in the tank if need for laz and 2 to 1 out hunting for AT squads for MBT squads
                              inf squads should be mainly medic with the occasional support for ammo
                              AT squads include RPGs or javs but each squad should all carry that same AT weapon. (I prefer RGP's personally)

Overall Plan
                              Take A and E/D in order to act as staging points to defend/attack where we need two
                              We should try to hold at least two flags with A always being one of them.
                              Go for bleed with a 3 to 4 flag lead if we can cut their attack paths then we take the 4th flag but overall try to take and hold 3 flags

Beginning plan
                              Planned flags A, D, E
                              A will be the ADef squad and will bring the AA up to help with the air and defend A
                              D will be 1 At and 1 Inf by fast mover
                              E will be the same as D (AT should use RPG's as the armor will be there very fast.)
                              Each tank squad will move out between A and B.
                              Air will be tied up at the beggining taking out the enemy air and should

First Reactions
                              1. we take A, D and E
                              This is the main goal in which we will defend and relocate as needed

2. we take A, D.
                              E team will spawn on D and has freedom to move to B, C or even E

3. we take D, E
                              This means that they went for a fast cap at A and our tanks should move to intercept A. The overall plan is to use A as our staging point so it is priority 1 while D and E team defend their current flags

4. we take A, E
                              D team will then go and attack were needed keeping in mind the overall goal

5. beyond this the situation will become too complex and will need to be determined in game given the situation and enemy movement

*notes
                              Tanks squad should focus on B in the start if they decide to go for a quick cap.
                              The use of the AA will be given to ADef squad and will work on helping to take and hold A for the entire round and should move out to help when needed
                              A flag tank can move out to take shots a C if needed or even if needed one of the MBT squad can come take it if we need to make a strong push

Basic plan for the rest of the game
                              Hold A for the entire round
                              Control 3 flags with D being a main focus and A being the one we always hold.
                              If they all decide to defend D then just go take everything else. We are not a computer that will just attack the front every time at the same place where all the defense is. We are better than that.
                              If your team takes a key flag then defend it. Key flags being D and E (A is a key but ADef Squad is in charge of that)

Final thoughts.
                              This may seem like a very detailed plan but I only suggest where we attack first and how that can lead to our next move. Just like chess the first or second move can be planned but beyond that it is all up to the enemy.
                              The key point is that our current move should always set us up for our next move.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X