Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SCRIM] Ideas for RU (AF Scrim 02/04/2012)

Please place any thoughts here so we can start working out a plan for Caspian.

Reapator, overlord of ponies

re: Ideas for RU (AF Scrim 02/04/2012)

Hrmmm...

Well, I think we should hold E at all costs to get the extra armor. D is also a pretty important flag because of the overwatch/SOFLAM coverage it would allow. C would be the next most logical to hold because it is pretty easy to cover from D and all the rocks allow infantry to defend it pretty well. If we want to take A it would be nice because it would deny them a piece or armor and give us another tank. Then try to bottle them up at B.

At the very least I would think try to take and hold E,D, and C.

Comment

Hold C,D,E and If amour support is able go to A.

Comment

Unlike the US, the whole run to the back flag does not work very well for the RU as B does not offer nearly as much effective cover/camo as E does. D to C, with coverage watching from C towards both B and A unless we take one of those two.

Former TG-21st
        Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Most teams focus on D because of the high ground, but the catch of that is that it's very hard to defend. Again, I agree with Mac, A is much harder to capture and defend from the RU standpoint compared to capturing and holding E as the US team. I think we should capture E and always have a squad defending E. Capture B and C, and harass but not capture D. The idea is to divert their resources into defending their priority flag and not capturing other flags.

Comment

My first impressions would be to hold Echo, Delta, Bravo and harass Alpha when we can. Armor out of the uncap has a much better reinforcement paths to those flags.

On the counter point to that we can control Echo, Charlie, and Alpha. That would deny an armor spawn and cut off/divert their uncap armor. Just an idea so I would like to see what others think.

Comment

What about Echo, Charlie, Bravo? It splits us up more, but considering the easy pathing between Echo and either Bravo or Charlie and the costly defense of Delta (the D is for death trap), we might want to consider it. That would put us surrounding Delta and pressuring any armor coming out of their uncap.

Comment

Originally posted by Arithea View Post
                What about Echo, Charlie, Bravo? It splits us up more, but considering the easy pathing between Echo and either Bravo or Charlie and the costly defense of Delta (the D is for death trap), we might want to consider it. That would put us surrounding Delta and pressuring any armor coming out of their uncap.
                Wouldn't that lead to whoever is on Charlie getting pinched from two directions?

Also, I've seen a Soflam Jav setup work wonders for the Russians when placed near the antenna.
                |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Possibly, yes. It might just be something to think about at the outset of the match; the other team would be forced to pick a side to retake. Just a thought.

Comment

From my experience with caspian, holding Alpha will ensure an easy attack onto Charlie from the rocks overlooking the flag near that back road. C is also highly susceptible to armor harass.

I still think that this map is going to be about controlling the armor and controlling which flag the enemy has to make sure they are in a bad position.

Comment

Looking at the map, it seems like C-E would be the logical choice. However, C and D are especially hard to defend in the actual game.

What may be better is B, D, and E. That way we can have a squad or two at B dropping mines and hitting the enemy as they try to pass the check point. Also, by not trying to hold C we avoid the inevitable A-to-C armor rush. This also means that they will not be able to reach D without receiving fire from B, D, or both.

At D, we will be able to target their armor as it moves from A to B using SOFLAM/Javelins. A squad can post up with mines and AT on the road between A and E.

At that point we can use any remaining squads/air assets to harass them at A from the high ground East of the flag to keep them off balance.
                      sigpic

Comment

So here are my follow up thoughts for RU.

I do believe that Echo, Delta, Bravo will be the best combination of flags in this round, they provide a very solid set of flags when held together.
                        • It will be very hard for US to get into Delta while holding Echo and Bravo, since all the ways up to the flag are pointed away from US
                        • Echo will have plenty of support from the uncap and is farthest away from US
                        • Bravo will have an easy time seeing incoming threats and then slowing/stopping enemies while being just as close to RU as US despite being thought of as a US flag

I think it will also be a good idea to focus a squad on harassing Alpha if the opportunity arises.

As for the armor deployment it could be decently easy to put a tank at each flag or we could have the tanks be in between the flags and have a designated flag to reinforce if need be.

Air power will be focused on anti-air and anti-ground when they can
                        The mobile AA will be a bit of a wildcard that could focus on true AA or focus more on ground targets (I just don't think the AA is all that great against air honestly)

Any thoughts or comments or other ideas for RU?

Comment

I agree. As far as making the decision of having armor at the flags or between the flags, I think that between would work better. That way we can create more of a defensive line to cut off access to the flags.
                          sigpic

Comment

Reaper's reasoning is solid. I'm just a bit concerned that if we don't get Delta and Bravo initially (both have a decent likelihood of happening), we're going to be wasting tons of tickets trying to establish our primary plan. I guess what I'm looking for are contingency plans if on the initial push:
                            • We get Bravo but don't get Delta
                            • We get Delta but don't get Bravo
                            • We get neither Delta or Bravo

I also like the idea of keeping armor on each flag, but I'm a bit weary of keeping armor on Delta - the limited space and maneuverability limits the benefit of armor on Delta. Instead, I'd recommend having that 3rd tank as a floater, staying on the back road that connects Bravo and Echo. The floater tank has relatively quick access to B, D, and E to reinforce when needed.

Comment

I agree that we need a contingency plan. I'm less worried about taking Delta initially because we can easily make it there first. I'm more concerned with pushing them off of Bravo because we won't make it there first. I think that once we take it from them, it will be harder for them to recapture it.

Maybe we can take the buggies and hit Charlie and Delta immediately while a squad(s) move to take Echo in slower vehicles. This will give us the initial flag advantage (even though we will not fight to keep Charlie if the push for Bravo is successful). Then we can set up defense of Delta (on the rocks btw Bravo & Delta) and Echo (with mines on the road btw Alpha and Echo) while the remaining forces take Bravo from the South and West.

This ensures that we still have the flag advantage even if we fail to push them off of Bravo.

What are your thoughts?
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...