Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

La ChaChaCha squad (AF Scrim 02/04/2012)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SCRIM] La ChaChaCha squad (AF Scrim 02/04/2012)

Gentlemen, and I use that term loosely, we will be tasked with taking and holding E as both US, and RU.

Please check in, and share your thoughts.

re: La ChaChaCha squad (AF Scrim 02/04/2012)

This is my favorite flag.

Do we have someone assigned for MBT duty, or is another squad taking the armor?

Are we running a Soflam out of our squad?

On offense, I've found this flag pretty easy to take, so many approach points and tons of cover.

Comment

I'm not a part of your squad, but I found it irresistible to at least say that you guys have a pretty awesome squad name. That is all.

Comment

The mbt, and jeep that spawns on E will be ours. (Grinds dirty hands together) ;)

Comment

Not sure if running a dedicated soflam is better or worse than having someone utilize 3rd seat in MBT, maybe even covering both 2nd and 3rd seat and repairing when required?

Comment

Defending as RU will be relatively easy, and i think 3rd seat is preferable to soflam when we definitely have a tank.

So lets focus on attacking as US first. Ru definitely gets there first, and will likely have the flag turned as we arrive. I'm not sure if we will have help there or not yet, so lets assume we are going in alone. I think I should drive a jeep directly to E dropping 2 on the north side of the flag, then trying to drive myself and another to the south side, and pinching them, hopefully with some air support. I would love to steal their tank, we may arrive just as they cap, and tank spawns, it won't be easy but worth a try. We'll have to run some tests on that. Once we cap the flag, we definitely don't get a tank, so it's AT defense from the ucb/west road, and watching for infantry sneaking in from the north from C and D. I think 2 Engies with javs, mines (and a torch if we steal the armor), a support with mortar, and a recon with soflam and beacon, or medic if we end up with more infantry assaults. Sound good?

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectNA View Post
              Not sure if running a dedicated soflam is better or worse than having someone utilize 3rd seat in MBT, maybe even covering both 2nd and 3rd seat and repairing when required?
              3rd seat, easily done by us wrench monkeys in the tank. thats how i play it switching between 50cal, lasing and repairing.
              AnimalMother
              Ex TG-31st LR
              "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback
              sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

Charlie Brown will be assisting you guys in the initial gas station push as US. To get there at the same time, I recommend we tweak Reaper's idea and spawn at US spawn and hitch in the ride to buggy with you to the gas station. Unless you feel differently, I think we'd have a better chance of capturing gas station together as opposed to you guys getting there first and us arriving a minute later.

The one thing I'm afraid of is arriving at the gas station and finding a tank on that dirt road waiting for us. Thoughts?

Also... we're helping you guys hold the gas station as RU. Since we're on call to move from Bravo and Delta, we'll be positioned on the main road to the northwest of the gas station, ready to go.

Comment

Ahhh Charlize! Nice to see you.

This is good. As US, One of you can ride with me from the start. Charlize can be the anvil on the north side of the flag, while Lachchacha, continues around the west side, and swings the hammer from the South. Once we capture we will use a zone defense, Charlize should continue to watch the north, as the jeep spawns there, so you'll be good to go if called, and Lachachacha south side, manning the Stationary AT, and watching towards the UCB. Lachachacha will also drop a recon on the west side of the town and get up a beacon/soflam asap in one of the west buildings.

Kits TBD

Lachachacha:
                  recon beacon/soflam
                  medic, OR AT/jav/wrench??
                  AT/Jav/mines
                  AT/jav/mines

Charlize??

Comment

As US, Charlize will have:

Medic
                    Support
                    MAV Recon (to deploy a spawn beacon in the buildings to the east; place MAV on top of the gas pumps roof as a motion sensor)
                    medic or AT/jav/mines

I'll more than likely be the MAV recon on the initial push, and I'll change it to either an engineer or medic once we capture E.

Comment

Bear and Broke can figure out with the leadership how to get us to *E. Once we're there we (19th and friends) know a few strats on holding it. Mines and C4 covering the roads from the RU base and the bridge towards D/E. Also have one or two players watching the routes from D and A flags should we lose them to the enemy. A MAV circling overhead will be great in that scenario.

The tank can roam a bit along E's suroundings to counter the movement of the enemy's armor. The driver may want to keep the tank out of sight a bit to avoid getting locked by enemt javs, soflams, their chopper and jets... did I forget anything like the kitchen sink? :row__642: If the gunner can use the 3rd seat he can be helpful lasering the chopper that can come right at E from the RU base. That means we'll need a jav or two in case the chopper is out of the tank's guided shells vertical range.

Maybe our two squads can go over this on our 19th server. It's not 64player (16p instead), but still has the big Caspian map. I won't be available until late Thursday night, but should be on earlier Friday.

* If available, we may want to use two fast movers (jeeps or hummers); with one going through the C route, and the other towards A and circling wide around the grass area to try and flank E. Hopefully out of those two different direction at least one vehicle will make it through. SL's need to make sure not to fill up their vehicle so one missle or mine doesn't wipe out an entire squad... but we all know this :icon12:.

Edit: Just noticed i repeated much of Bear's post. I think the picture threw off my reading a bit :row__640:.
                      Last edited by Zippy; 02-02-2012, 01:07 AM.

:icon_frow
                      |RIP| Counter=Ops 12.09.09 : Marine - Squadmate - Friend
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy-2-War View Post
                        Maybe our two squads can go over this on our 19th server. It's not 64player (16p instead), but still has the big Caspian map. I won't be available until late Thursday night, but should be on earlier Friday.
                        I'm game to test it out tonight, after the practice scrim (if we have it). I should be available after 6:30pm our time, 9:30 EST. Might be a good idea to turn off or raise the kick-TK threshold, I'm sure we could test out some pretty good spots for each player to hold.

Comment

Tonight is turning out to be a bad nite for gaming, as I have company coming over. I'll try to get on between 10 and 11est. If anyone is still around great, otherwise test away on the practice server, and we can finalize our plan tomorrow night.

Someone find out if we can have a second jeep from the start. If not we may want to swing thru A and grab the one that spawns there. Zippy is right, 2 jeeps will improve our odds of making it to E.

Another thing I have been thinking is a delayed attack may be more effective. No matter what, they will cap that flag before we are half way there, so why not delay slightly, and let them have the illusion of not being attacked. This way they may move forces/tank off towards B/D/C, giving us more element of surprise, and a better chance to cap quickly.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X