Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SCRIM] Foxtrot Squad (AF Scrim 02/04/2012)

Hi folks, this is the check in and planning thread for members of Foxtrot squad. Post a hello when you've seen this thread. Please include kit preferences, questions or other relevant info when you post. Thanks.

Foxtrot squad consists of:

Drona (SL)
    Fullmetal
    Alvin
    Macleod

re: Foxtrot Squad (AF Scrim 02/04/2012)

Always here, Always on.

Kits:

Engi, Support, Assault

Due to the map being Cas, I will probably Be support or Engi.
    Until a official plan is released, I think Hilltop, Forest and Gas Station would be a good idea.

Comment

I´m here.
      I can play support to provide ammo for our engies.

According to the strategy posted by Reaperassault we are charged with Bravo flag as US and Delta as RU.
      We will get harassed from Charlie when we play RU and From Delta when we play US, holding Delta will probably mean chopper assaults as well unless the anti-air squads can keep it down.
      sigpic

Comment

I think having a SOFLAM near the back hill or even the rocks beside Delta would help the engis.

I'll mostly be running Jav and Mines.

Comment

SOFLAM deplyment will need to be coordinated with the other squads. Reaper has designated other squads to deploy them in his strategy stickies, would be nice of our squad doesn´t have to have a recon, what do you think Drona?
          sigpic

Comment

@General If they can get a soflam that covers checkpoint we would be fine but I dont think it can happen.

Comment

I'm here; I can play anything but recon so I will probably be rolling engi or medic most of the time. I personally have only used the soflam once before, so I would prefer not to run that, however I believe other squads will be loaded with it so I think we will be fine.

Former TG-21st
              Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

For both rounds we will be working with Bravo squad. They are:

Hardwind (SL)
                Bleeding
                Henry
                June

I asked Bravo if they wanted to try a combined squad whisper list to better coordinate the squads. Let you know what I hear.

For squad load out I'm thinking 2 assault medics, a support and an engy. The support guy should stick with the engy and make sure they are always topped off. The assaults will generally keep half an eye on the engy fire team and half an eye on the flag and half an eye on Bravo squad. Also, you can't rule out mid round kit change ups as the situation dictates so be sure to adjust your kits the way you like them before you need them.

Kit load outs:

Drona - Assault medic
                Fullmetal - Engy
                Alvin - Support
                Macleod - Assault medic

Feel free to discuss SOFlam with Reap but I'm happy not worrying about one and would rather have a second medic or engy.

Other than generalities, it's hard to make a solid, round long, plan for a team or a squad. The main thing is to be flexible. The CO can redirect us from our original objective at any time so be ready to move. There are a few squad procedures I'd like followed. Unless otherwise directed the squad members should stay in visual range of each other. Please call all contacts (not just Q spot). Lastly, if you are the last squad mate alive, hang back so folks can spawn in rather than charging into the firefight.

On RU, at round start, hold spawn till called in. I'll grab a buggy and head straight to D. When I get onto the final bit of road climbing to the flag, the engy should spawn in and jump out to drop some mines. I'll try to get close as I can but make sure everybody gets into the cap radius as quickly as possible. When we take it we will asses who has what other flags and how that relates to likely threat vectors as well as what Bravo squad is doing. The nice thing about defending D is that the approaches are limited. Depending on what Bravo squad does, we may play tight to the flag or we may move down out of the choke points to engage enemy while they're trying to cross open ground.

On US, we're guarding Bravo flag with Bravo squad. Hold spawn at round start until called in. Once in, get on the flag radius and help turn it. Once we have it, the engy will mine the road and try to keep it mined. The support sticks with the engy. The medics stick with those two. I told Bravo squad we would like to cover the west approach and the container area. I expect to see a lot of action there from the RU base if we hold Echo. We will probably set up a line defense running east to west. The enemy will likely break through the line but they will be seen and reported and reacted to. When they break through, if needed, we will fall back to the cap radius and clean them out then return to our FO positions. We'll reinforce Bravo squad as needed and they should same same.

Any thoughts, please share.

Comment

Yes, I believe that together with the bravo squad we should be able to hold both B and D the entire round. When holding B, as we are letting them have D, I think it would be a good idea every once in a while to pull 1-2 guys to make a lot of noise to the B-side of D with feint attacks to hopefully cause the other team to pull troops back to defend D. This will really only work if they are completely leaving B alone as otherwise we will have our hands full.

I will prep my M16 and work on re-wrapping the foregrip in the meantime.

Edit:

west approach
                  Isn't that the approach from our own UCB not the RU UCB?
                  Last edited by MacLeod; 01-30-2012, 10:32 PM.

Former TG-21st
                  Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Going by the orientation in Reaps US strat thread, the US base is north of Bravo and the RU is southwest. We want to be on the west side of the highway at bravo, looking south/south west.

Comment

Ahh yea, Dice decided not to orient maps in a reasonable way so the directions are all off.

Former TG-21st
                      Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Hello Foxtrot. HardWind from Bravo squad here.

For comms why don't we set up a 8 whisper list that will only be used for SL-SL coordination. That way everyone knows what is going on. For individual squad talk we stick to our own channels with regards to spotting and basic movement such.

Containers is a solid place to hold. Just be ready to maybe move in and provide a flanking fire support into the ditch if necessary. We will stay around the flag and/or move up to the ditch to watch C and D for enemy movement.

As for D I say in the beginning we should have one squad directly on the flag and the other squad set up behind the hill to the West. If you don't mind can your squad can take up the main positions on the flag while we support and send some runners around the outer parts of the flag in order to provide a layered defense. If we can keep them from getting into D or up the hill we will have a much easier time defending.

As far as the layout of the our squad we will be mainly focused on inf.

Comment

Sounds good. For RU on Delta, Fox will stick close to, or in the flag cap radius while defending. For US on Bravo, Fox will cover the container area and adjacent open flank.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X