This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SCRIM] RU Strategy

Our main focus will be to not let the enemy team hold bleed, we will focus on Bravo, Delta, Echo flags.

Echo flag will be handled by Bear's squad with support from Skud
    Delta will be Hardwind's and Drona's squads
    Bravo will be Arithea's and Kwalc's squads

There should be a buggy for each pair of squads out of the uncap (there are 3 buggies despite what the map says).

One tank and the AA will move to initially support Bravo while the remaining tank focuses on patrolling the road behind Echo-Delta.

With two tanks supporting Echo Skud's squad can have the option to either support further up to Delta-Bravo or harass to Alpha depending on the situation.

Jets and the choppa will focus on air superiority but if possible any buggy kills at the start will really hamper the enemy's initial plan.

It is hard to say how to do the squad loadout but Arithea's and Kwalc's squads will need a good anti-tank focus (one SOFLAM and I'm thinking 2 JAVs). I think another MAV would do great for the Echo side (I will be running a MAV near Bravo Delta and I don't think it will be too easy to see/spot everything on the other side). We will make decisions based on information and what is happening at the time so there will be a strong focus on CO-SL-SL communication during the battle (akin to the BF2/2142 style).

I will try and post up a poll for some practice time after I assemble the US ideas into a strat.
    As always please post comments here. We can also discuss back up plans here as well but above is our main idea.
    Reapator, overlord of ponies

Re: RU Strategy

Sounds like a good opening gambit. Bold...I like it. :row__577:

I know I'm rubbish with the SOFLAM but decent with a jav and Arithea is a surgeon with a jav. So if someone from Kwalc's squad can run the SOFLAM that would be best. We'll dig in and hold onto Bravo as long as we can.

Comment

After much debating I think I'm going to leave this one as is as well. I will ask that the 70th squad be ready in that buggy at Echo as my fast response squad ready to reinforce Bravo or attack Alpha/Charlie.

If we do get pushed off of Bravo I may have Kwalc and Arithea go attack Alpha in force to draw them away and hopefully take a flag. This will leave Delta more open so it is risky. If enough people are drawn off to Alpha then it will not make too big a difference and we can have the 70th snag Bravo while the enemy is tied up at.

I think a lot of this is just going to have to be played out in game since we don't know too much about FIST, but I can say we are a strong group so I feel pretty good.

As for SOFLAM coverage I think a total of 2 should be sufficient, one at Bravo and another near Echo (maybe out in the fields if you can find a tall enough spot). This we can double check at practice to see how it goes.

Comment

Important ideas from practice tonight

The SOFLAM will be set up at Delta and the 3rd seat in the tanks will supplement the SOFLAM
        Drona and Hardwind will have to be ready to provide some support/distraction while Ari/Kwalc attack Bravo
        If there is overwhelming forces at Bravo that alone will be good enough and Ari/Kwalc can divert to anther flag while the tank/AAV move back
        CO MAV support will be focused on Bravo at the start

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...