This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [BRAVO] Mortar Team (TG scrim 3/3/12)

This is what I want to try and do at the start. Smoke their riverside, to provide a screen so that defense and offense can get entrenched. Once entrenched, move to a support role for Delta and Echo, which should be hitting enemy front line at that time. I will use normal squad channel to communite with you guys. We'll use who controls C on whether you are weapons free.
    sigpic

Re: Mortar Team

Going to spend the next few days looking for optimum mortar deployments that will allow max coverage and mobility for the enevitable anti-mortar that will ensue once we start lobbing them over. I dont want to get caught in falling rubble from a near miss mortar attack.

Volchok
    sigpic

Comment

Ok wife and kids are visiting inlaws so I had some time this morning.

For some review of the following map.

US: deployment line (attack line) the road on purple gives us full view of everything I considered outside the RU ucb. It also gives us alot of room to move back and forth to not get pinched down by anti-mortar fire.

RU1: Deployment line, from this plateau we still have the ability to fire and move back and forth across that area without high risk of being sniped and or anti-Mortar while being able to reach a good portion of the US side.

RU2: Deployment line, I played with the second deployment line for quite a while and this is what I think would be ideal there are some stairs to deal with when moving but offers best sniper cover and anti-mortar consealment.

RU fall back. The fall back if pressed at E would be to the purple line on north end of map near (but not in) our UCB

I have added some tags to certain spots on the maps that can be used by the SL's from either side RU/US to call in fire from or smoke. Example "Smoke Requested Triangle" or "H.E. Requested Zulu", this keeps the request short and simple giving us faster response time to the request as we should only be firing max 2 rounds and then repositioning against anti-mortar.

Please add to anything I have done here and let me know I can change the master map at any time.

Volchok

Seine_Crossing_Conquest_64.jpg
      sigpic

Comment

The Main area's that I am looking to mortar, specially at the beginning, is the opening between buildings that allow them to see across the river. I want them blind to our movements until we are setup. I also want them to get lulled into thinking we are just going to smoke them when we drop Frag Mortors on them. Frag Mortor A-D bridge to keep them from sprinting across at the start too.
        sigpic

Comment

We will need to have discipline on the mortars, if they start trying to counter mortar, do not return fire on them, continue providing support for the squads. If no one is needing mortars, counter mortar, otherwise stay focused.
          sigpic

Comment

Ya going to spend some time the next couple of days working on getting my deploy, fire 1-2, re-deploy so it will go as smooth as possible.

Volchok
            sigpic

Comment

Only flaw is you might ruin your teams view.
              If you smoke them or us, it will be hard to see though

Comment

Vol....map looks great... will study target grids in the next few days.

The smoke from mortars makes sense but will they be in range upon deployment? If we can smoke the street that runs parallel to the river (on their side) while we occupy our positions that would be ideal. But that's a lot of ground to cover for two mortar tubes and those smoke rounds don't provide too much smoke nor does it last for too long. We will have friendlies forward in less than 90 seconds I'm sure. Does it make more sense to pound the bridges with smoke initially then switch to HE as they attempt to cross to our side. I just don't think we have enough time to lay out a proper smoke barrage and we can't sit back and wait for it to fill out. We need to be up on those frontline positions to both lanuch the assaults and defend what we have.

D will be the key flag.
                sigpic
                |TG-1st|Grunt
                ARMA Admin (retired)
                Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Sgt_Easy and I worked out timing late last night, We have 20 seconds to get rounds on target. It only takes 10 seconds to get setup. We will not be Mortar Smoking. M320 Smokes are more effective, I ask SL's to consider using them at the start to do exactly that. Delay them on their side of the Canal. We will run 2 - 3 mortar tubes that will hit targets together. If there is 2 tubes, a 3 count between each tube gives a consistant barrage. With three tubes, the count between firing is 2. 1,1000, 2,1000. This should be a strong enough delay at the beginning to get our attack teams entrenched on their objective.
                  sigpic

Comment

Nice map Vol. Thanks for doing the research on ranges and such.

I like the idea of a near constant barrage of mortars on whatever target is designated. I think you need to factor in some shoot and scoot time because I don't usually last more than 1-2 rounds fired without counter mortar coming in right on my head and putting me out of commish. Staying as far back as you can is helpful but you have to move around to stay alive. Staying static and lobbing rounds till you're taken out is pretty suicidal.

Comment

We agreed, after the initial barrage of mortars at the start of the round, we were planning on firing 2 then moving. I don't think we will have to deal with counter mortars the first round.
                      sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X