• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Alpha] RU Ideas (TG scrim 3/3/12)

Please put thoughts on strategy and tactics here for the RU side
    Reapator, overlord of ponies

Re: RU Ideas

Ok so what I'm thinking is a bit complicated for opening but I think it could be a good move, and pictures are worth 1,000 words and I'm bad at essays...

So, The Vodnick is Orange and will drive out to attack US's back flags.
    Pink will be a squad getting Delta (squad of 4)
    Purple will be the CO/others capturing Echo (CO + extras)
    Red will be two squads to attack Alpha (2x squad of 4)
    Green will be a squad attacking Bravo (squad of 4)
    Orange will either head to Charlie or destroy the enemy Humvee, what ever seems best at the time (squad of 4)

Possible oversite, the vodnick might not carry as many people as I want it to...

Not much to explain, a strong push at the start to knock US off their butts and put them on the defensive.

Thoughts? Additions? Your very own awesome plan?

Comment

I think it's a bit optimistically over-aggressive.
      - US is closer to A and B. I think they will have set up positions before we even get close. The vodnik, for instance, will get RPG'ed on the bridge.
      - Even if it survived, Green squad is not enough to take Bravo. Consider that, if we actually did somehow catch them on their heels, then that means their entire force
      is on their small side of the river. Certainly the portion of that defending Bravo is more than 4 people.
      - Alpha is the hardest point to take. It should be last, and only after we control the riverfront and 2nd bridge as well. Charlie is a lynchpin.

General outline:
      - E and D are gimmes.
      - A small force to control the left bridge initially (and call for backup if they're going to be overrun).
      - An overwhelming force to take charlie and press to the other side of the river, followed by a two-pronged clearing of Bravo. It has to be quick so we can consolidate our front to the street on the left side of the Bravo building, and not fight on two fronts (river side of Bravo bldg, and the street on the other side of Bravo bldg)
      - If we've held the left bridge at that point, they can advance across it, meeting up with the forces that attacked Bravo and creating a unified front. That's the position that we sometimes see bottling in the US.
      - From there, we would do best to just hold and prevent outbreaks and back-caps.

Specific tactics:
      - We'll be late to Charlie. We want 2 Mortars, 2 Snipers, and 2 LMGs making life painful for them just before we move in (with the Vodnik + infantry). Just before they move to Charlie, those support players shift their focus to the other bridge to keep enemy fire off our cappers at C.
      - One squad splits to take E and D initially. One squad moves immediately to the left bridge to defend. The squad that took E and D joins them, probably (or perhaps help with Charlie)
      - After taking Charlie, we don't have time to wait. As soon as the flag is neutralized, EVERYONE but one player attacks Bravo. The neutralization of Charlie is the cue for 2 Mortars to clear the Bravo Courtyard. Following that, they focus on the bottom-right corner of Bravo bldg so our troops can get down the street.
      Rockets and 320's suppress the top-left corner of Bravo.
      - *IF* all is going well, the group defending the top of the left bridge might be able to get more aggressive now - not moving too far forward, but more actively searching for targets. Certainly, they're sniping to help supress targets at bravo if they can.
      And if they're doing that well, then the river-side group attacking Bravo (river side, and back-side) will have good access into the Bravo courtyard from there. Even if the back-side group is unable to round the corner (pretty likely), the river side should be able to get in.
      BF4: Indiscrimin8

Comment

The main reason the US seems to have the advantage on this map is their ability to entrench on RU's side of the river and how much harder it is for RU to do the same. If you do fight your way across the river, you find yourself within easy reinforcing distance of two flags. If you do take one flag, you have people spawning on both sides of you, also within immediate rifle distance. Echo/Delta can't support each other the same way, and forces from RUmain need to split up to take E/D.

Basically, that means I like the general plan and I'm thinking out loud. If we do push hard, they have better chances of pushing us back than we do of countering their equal pushes. See map:

The red areas are the areas I think are critical to hold the map. Blue are areas that US whats to hold. They're all at crossroads, they all offer access/pressure on multiple nearby flags, and they're all at or near US flags. In the case of the one on RU's West bridge, US hold that point means that one squad is defending two of their flags. If RU holds that point, they're only defending one. The equivalent point on US's side is directly and immediately under fire from two spawn points.

In summary, I think we need to move very hard for their side of the river. If we play it cautiously, and the teams are even, we'll lose. We need to get on their side of the river as fast as possible and disrupt their "gimme" flags long enough for our back-up squads to take Charlie. If 2/3rds of our team go down the east bridge and try to make life hell, the other third can move to Charlie relatively unopposed. Alternatively, the other two squads can lock down any attack from Charlie if they press close enough against it.

New map up, and shows why RU tends to lose on this map.
        edit2: So, only SMs can post inline images, or am I just not doing it right?
        Attached Files
        I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

So after a little testing it seems that...

1 RPG does 25 damage to the Humvee
          1 landmine bring the Humvee to 34HP (66 damage)

vodnick drive from spawn to end of bridge 25s +/-1
          US engy on foot from uncap to bridge 30s (crappy-ish RPG firing range at 25s)

I think this has a good chance of getting us across the bridge

Also very important to note: there are a total of 4 spots in the Humvee (driver, gunner, 2x passengers)!

Also very important the driver for both rounds will need to practice a fair amount, the roads are filled with the blockers and the sides of the roads are full of railings and posts which can easily crash the vehicle (not damage but it kills your speed and direction)

Comment

Here is a slightly revised version of my initial plan

Same colors apply

Orange/Vodnick will move to alpha with green
            2xRed squads to bravo

Purple/Pink will provide heavy mortar support and basically wall off any hostiles at Charlie (sprint will be a necessity to cap the back flags asap).

Comment

Sorry...sorry....soooo sorry...see my post in the other thread.

Comment

Does the other team know this? Could we switch it to use Humvees? The map is ugly without them.

Comment

I'll touch base with Xen and see what he wants to do. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Comment

Xen would like for it to stay 100% infantry only with no vehicles for combat or transport. Sorry about the confusion. I should have been clearer in the beginning and having to go out of town for the weekend didn't help any either. Sorry everyone.

Comment

No worries

Comment

That's a shame. I liked the all-in aspect the plan had.

Alright then. They'll get to Charlie first and there isn't much we can do about it, so lets send two squads to hold them at the bridge and the rest of the team over to Alpha/Bravo as fast as possible? Taking Charlie, while giving us bleed, doesn't really give us access to anything else of theirs, and they'll have/want to hold Charlie/are easily reinforced from Bravo. Giving up Charlie at the beginning for more advantageous positioning is a worthwhile trade. And, the easiest way to take Charlie is to present such a credible threat to Alpha/Bravo that they have to pull back, leaving the two squads at our end of the bridge free to push up.
                        I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

One more time, we're gonna celebrate (wait that's not right)...

So our goal will be to lock US into Alpha Bravo

Red/Pink will capture Echo while moving to secure the RU side of the left bridge
                          Purple will capture Delta and move for mortar support
                          Orange/Yellow/Green will move for Charlie
                          Yellow can establish fire from the RU side while Orange/Green capture the flag (If more support is need on flag yellow may move up)
                          With three flags captured I would like the claim the US side of the Charlie bridge with Orange/Green (or at least as much of the US side as we can)

Load outs may include a few snipers (I don't think more than one a squad is going to be useful) and I think M320s will be a very powerful tool to pin the hostiles down

Ideas, comments?

Comment

IIRC, there isn't much cover on the US side of the bridge at C, just some cars and the like. Orange and Green would be pretty exposed trying to hold the US bridgehead. Otherwise, that looks like it should work just fine.

Comment

Looks solid.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse