This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Alpha] US Ideas (TG scrim 3/3/12)

Please put strategy and tactics for the US side here.
    Reapator, overlord of ponies

Re: US Ideas

C is the most important flag. It's much easier to defend, than take. US usually gets there first with a good Humvee driver. So if we can get it first, we should be able to hold it, and at the same time, defend our side of the river (A,B), we bleed them out, game over. I've seen it happen many times. :)

Hummer to C bridge with 2/3 squads. the other 2/3 squads, take A, and B simultaneous, then move to middle bridge area, spread out, and HOLD THEM AT THE RIVER. Lots of Mines on the bridges, claymores at all the stairways coming up from the river. Tank floats where necessary to counter the T-90.

It's a simple and effective plan. Works the same for both sides.

Comment

A sound plan, but wasn't this match supposed to be infantry only? :row__680:
      <insert signature spam here>

Comment

Yes, this should be infantry only (I almost posted an armor and air thread...) so no pesky tanks to deal with on this map but the armor jeeps will still be very strong.

My general impressions are:
        C is the lynch pin
        it is very hard to get across either bridge
        swimming across isn't much of an option
        It is hard to hold the US side as RU since they reinforce much closer than the RU side (may work differently in a scrim)

Other ideas of mine
        Once a side can secure and hold a flag on the opposite side of the river that can also be a game ender (or at least get a good lead)
        mortars could be fantastic on this map (good anti-vehicle as well)

Glad I don't live in this city, looks like a nightmare to drive on
        Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

Awe, my bad. Doesn't change much though. At the start we'll have to be ready for they're vodnik w/e they send it with Smaws. They may try to squad bomb A/B, or C, or hold it back for defense. Alot of times the driver and gunner get killed before the vehicle is destroyed, making it an easy steal if you have a torch handy. If we have both jeeps, that really hurts them, as they are very powerful w/torch. We did this last weds on pw nite to great effect.

Comment

Its probably a more conservative strategy to rush for C on the bridge, although a diversionary strike across the river could be effective at tying up forces or detecting a big cross-river push by the other team.

I had the opposite impression as to the effectiveness of the armored jeeps. I was racking up easy kills with my 320 on a couple of maps on Wednesday's PW night. 1 or 2 non-revivable kills, over and over again. You can even lob the 320's over a medium wall and not be in line-of-fire for the jeep's top gun. I prefer using a 320 on a jeep over an RPG even. Every time a jeep would show up I'd start to grin :-)

Of course, the jeep operators weren't being very effective as they were in line with or even pushing out ahead of their screening infantry. Scrim conditions could prove to be very different than even a PW night.

-Z.

Comment

I would imagine mortars and smoke will be very useful on this map to cover movements and attack groups of enemy defending areas like Charlie flag or along the river walls. Setting up a squad to counter battery enemy mortars or lay supressive bombardment for moving could be very advantageous.
              Last edited by Grimmfist; 02-25-2012, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Speaking of mortars (of which I agree that they should be wielded liberally on this map), I would really like to dispel or confirm a Battlefield 3 myth that has been going around for some time now, but which I have not seen properly tested by anyone yet:

Sprinting makes you show up on an enemy's mortar map

If true, this could greatly affect how we should (and shouldn't) move about the streets. If false then, well, we'll just have to locate our targets the old fashioned way, I guess. Or does anyone happen to have an answer to this riddle already, perhaps?
                <insert signature spam here>

Comment

I am thinking that we should have a plan (or 3) for taking C in the event we lose the first push or are pushed off.
                  some ideas...
                  -multi-squad advance under a heavy smoke and explosive mortar/320 screen with vanguard forces equipped with short range weapons such as shotguns and FAMAS to give an advantage over the defenders weaopns.
                  -significant push on E both across bridge and through water, again with mortar/320 support. Once across river could decide to push for E or divert to C for 2 pronged-attack.

Conversely, how do we hold C in the face of constant mortar and 320 fire supplemented by snipers?
                  some ideas...
                  -MAV in the tipped boat (may protect it from detection and destruction)
                  -staggered layers of defense
                  -avoid clumping soldiers
                  -lots of medics
                  -one or two support to be able to fire blindly into smoke screens

Comment

1. I've seen RU back the US up completely to their deployment and camp them. I've never seen the opposite. I don't think that's likely here (we should be pretty balanced), but it does suggest a map imbalance we should be aware of: namely, if we lose C, we will be at an enormous disadvantage.

2. As some others have said, taking C back, or moving aggressively across the river will require tight multi-squad coordination and precise timing. For instance, the smoke and mortar bombardment on the opposite bank will have to be timed just right for a squad's movement across the river and also for the moment when they stick their heads up over the wall and establish a beach head. if we're going to do that successfully, without huge losses, we'll need to establish some comms and tactics beforehand.

3. At round start I think we should have everyone but, say, 4 people rush to Charlie and the river. We only need those 4 people to split up and take A and B.
                    BF4: Indiscrimin8

Comment

Relating to Point #3 from Indiscriminate, we enforce SL's only in the Hummer to get the maximum number of bodies to C as fast as possible.

Comment

Oh - which makes me think of something.
                        If they're rushing to take C (or even E, this would work), then we KNOW that in the first few seconds of the game, they're going to have a number of people standing around those flags.
                        So we should have a couple guys with mortars deploy immediately on spawn and start bombarding those flags!! (giggle)
                        We should NOT do that to Charlie if we get there first, obviously.
                        That would cause a nasty little disruption and delay in their opening move.

Comment

Mortaring the approach to C could help. It would allow us to take the flag while they get bombarded trying to approach it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoticus View Post
                            Conversely, how do we hold C in the face of constant mortar and 320 fire supplemented by snipers?
                            Assuming we've taken C to begin with, we don't need to be *ON* it and suffering under mortars and 320. We just need to keep *them* off of it.
                            If that means sitting back on our side of the river and preventing them from getting on/staying on Charlie, we're gtg.

Comment

I believe we will need to keep at least 1 squad within cap radius to prevent opfor from turning the flag.
                              I'm not sure if we can sustain fire so withering that opfor won't be able to advance at all.

-Z.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X