Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Alpha] Small Seine Tactics (TG scrim 3/3/12)

The other team has had quite a few people drop and we haven't had that many more people sign up. If we have even more people just not show on game day we may only have a 30-36 player match. If that is the case we'll (the admins/planners/captains) have to consider switching to the smaller version of the map since 5 flags with 15 man teams is a little bit much. What are the thoughts on this? Or would everyone rather just play large map with minimal player count?

Here is the map for reference:

Re: Small Seine Tactics

We played the smaller version of this map last weekend, and it was a lot of fun. We had a pretty good defensive hold on delta (on the RU team) where one player was in the multi level building looking across the street towards the halls of A and C. Another player prone near the car on the wreckage on the street looking towards B.

The person in the multi level building was able to stop anyone advancing on the guy on the street, or alert him if people were coming.

The person on the street is able to see all the way down the back alley at B, while having ample cover from the attackers coming down that street.

We held off multiple waves of attacks, I thought it worked quite well.

Comment

It is possible. I will try and think of some plans just in case. No humvees it seems.

Is there a smaller version than this?
      Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

This is the smallest ones I could find a map for. Doesn't mean there isn't one though...I have been dropping the ball a lot with this one. :icon16:

Comment

This is the smallest CQ map. There's only 2 versions of Seine CQ, Large and small. I don't care which one we use. ;)

Comment

Bleed might not be important on this map, since there are only four flags. Holding two good flags with a ticket lead might be enough to win. That means that attacking C as US is pretty difficult/foolish, since two of the three approaches are easy to defend and the other requires you to go up 3 stairs, all ridden with buildings. Oh, and contrary to what the map says, I believe the northern doorway to C is within the RU uncap zone. C's basically a fortress, and should be ignored. Delta is a lot easier to take, so if we need to take/hold 3 flags, I'd go with A, B, D.

As RU, A is the closest to C and has multiple approaches. Taking A helps close off one of the only access points to C, making it even stronger, and is fairly easy to hold from the uncap. As RU, I'd try to take C, A, and D. D would then be the hardest flag to defend, as it is relatively isolated. To take A from C, we either need to go through a chokepoint, or fight around to the side. This means taking Building 1, see below. So, my plan as RU would be to send two squads to C, two to D, and a third to Building 1. Both C squads would then attack A. For defending D, I would treat D's building as a fallback point instead of a place to defend, and have one squad move to building 2 and the other move between D and B.

Some key buildings: 1: There is one due north of the US uncap that covers one of the access points to C and should be held at all costs as the US, since it controls access to one of the flanking points to A. It also allows firing onto the C point and blocks people reinforcing D from C. The doorway opens onto the US side, so one squad should head straight there.

2: A building overlooks D from across the street and if held in conjuction the first building mentioned, basically controls the entire area between C and D. Worth holding as the US as well, if possible.

3: Both C and D have excellent buildings that cover approaches to the flag and are great places for TUGs, spawn beacons, and fallback points.
            I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

I found this video from rivaLxfactor today. It has a lot of good tips about this map and general gameplay.

I thought it was pretty interesting. He has some pretty good videos on his channel with tips for gameplay in general.
              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X