This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SCRIM] Firestorm: US Strategy

I thought it'd be good to get the ball rolling on our team strategies. Post your ideas for our US gameplan here.

re: Firestorm: US Strategy

You may want to specify for which map. :icon16:

Comment

Re: Firestorm: US Strategy

* cough* Firestorm is in the title *cough*

Comment

Originally posted by Specterr View Post
        * cough* Firestorm is in the title *cough*
        pretty sure admin added map in title after the original post

Comment

-use jets to achieve air superiority
          -use heli, armor and javelin teams to destroy their armor
          -mop up the infantry
          -profit

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenSoul View Post
            pretty sure admin added map in title after the original post
            Blast...foiled by admin powers :row__582:

As far a actually posting something on topic. I think we should think about a good way to lock down a nice high SOFLAM point where you can laz jets and helo's. That will go a long way to ensure air superiority. We should focus on the BCE or BDA flags (which ever is closest to our UCB).

Secure 3 flags than dig our heels in...let them bleed tickets pushing us.

Comment

Tanks. Taking E or D with them is a waste. Too much open ground to have to deal with SoFlams. I'd use them in the buildings around A and B. Allowing the buildings to provide the ability cover and a chance to break SoFlam lock. Air assets will be busy most likely the whole map. I don't see AF giving up the air even if they have a tough fight for the skies. This is what I see as a overall Strat.

Infanty, using the Venom, get's dropped on the roof of B and D. 2 squads at each site. Which means, other than the pilot, everyone in the chopper is a SL.
              4 squads of Infantry, anti tank heavy.

Tanks roll into A then move up to assist B. Tanks should move as one unit, sticking together and provide cover fire for each other. This would also allow for us to overwhelm their engies reapairing their armor.
              2 Squads of Tanks

Air would only support ground if CAP is achieved.
              1 Squad of Air, this would include the AA.

Venom Pilot and Viper team would make up the CO's squad.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Xen View Post
                Venom Pilot and Viper team would make up the CO's squad.
                I really think that the Viper needs to be in the same squad with the two jets.

Comment

Here's why I thought about setting it up this way. The Viper needs to be assiting armor removal more than aircraft, specially on this map. We'd be wasting too many Infantry on taking out armor otherwise. It's a rapid response ground support vehicle. Having it in the CO squad would free up space allowing the AA to be added to the Air squad. Give them an Engy with Stingers to keep the AA up and assisting the planes without having to get out to repair. Allows for more rounds down range. If the Viper isn't needed for ground, it can go weapons free on enemy air. Having it within the CO squad would allow for immediate com's, instead of the CO passing the order to the SL who then has to covey the orders to engage. Also, placing the CO high on the mountain overlooking D with a SoFlam. He can mark targets, then cordinate with Armor and the Viper to remove enemy armor and Heli's.
                  sigpic

Comment

if we have advanced to A&B - we could push to E from US base by going around mountain with two fast movers; surprise E! if it is successful we could try to suppress units on C, and units pushing to B from E? just an idea! this may only work in case we are having advantage of pushing successfully.

Comment

Originally posted by Kwalc View Post
                      I really think that the Viper needs to be in the same squad with the two jets.
                      No reason we have to stick to the 4 man squads on TS. It would be best to have the viper, 2 jets, the AA and a soflam/mav guy in the air squad.
                      You could do the same with infantry. Blue mob works in every game :)
                      sigpic

Comment

I say play it conservative. Send a large force to B, and 2 smaller forces to A/D. Hold those 3 flags, with air superiority, and we win.

Comment

One thing to keep in mind is how they used their jets last time. Specifically, they used their jet to capture our closest flag to gain an early advantage. As RU, AF may try to use the jet as a quick transport to either A, B, or D. I think these are the 3 flags we need to hold as US.

A Flag (Construction Site)
                          My biggest concern with A & D is that they use a jet to try and steal it from under us, diverting some forces off of B. A jeep with an SL and his 3 squadmates spawning on him may be enough. 2 squads should guarantee A, but I worry that B might not have enough infantry. One other option would be to have one squad try and take A, but if they don't cap it, some tanks that were meant to go to B will have to try and take A.

I'm thinking 2 squads move to A, if there's no resistance, 1 squad moves from A to B, while the other caps and defends.

B Flag (Warehouses)
                          Most squads should concentrate on capturing B - this will easily be the most contested flag. All armor should focus their attack on B. I think all squads except for 1 squad on A and 1 squad on D should be at B. I know soflam recon's are a must, but I also think having 1 or 2 MAV recons will go a long way in helping us see enemy movement (1 for L-shaped warehouse, and another for the north warehouse - closest to E).

D Flag (Offices)
                          Like A, I wouldn't put it past AF to try and jet-cap D. I'm not as worried about D as I am A since D is somewhat on the tank route to B from US base. Should we lose D, I also think it's the easiest to cap back.

Backup plans
                          Inevitably, we're going to lose one of these flags. E tends to be the forgotten flag. Sending 2 squads to E, combined with the large cap radius, should take some pressure off of B. The route from D to E is usually the safest.

Comment

In response to Pvt Brokeback’s point on using the jests to bomb a flag if they give up one jet that means that their other jet becomes greatly outgunned. If they scrap both jets then their choppers and tanks are open session. In the end they may gain the flags first but we should be able to have better positioning with our tanks. The only problem is on RU side if they take C it may take a lot of time for us to regain control of C and our attack on B is slowed down.

Look at my post in RU for basic map overview and plan before reading the rest of this plan.

US side I say we want to hold D, A, and C. By holding C RU’s advantage from holding B is greatly weakened. More than likely they will launch attacks from B into C since it is the closest. This will weaken their defense of B. I say we hold A, D, and C. while pressuring B and E. If we take E then their armor is blocked from moving up safely. If we Take B then we switch plans and Hold A, D and B while pressuring C and B. If they retake B then we try and retake C forcing them to go back from B to C. If we can keep the enemy moving around then they won’t be able to set up good defense. Again the end game is to hold D and A while holding either B and C and attacking B or C(depending on which one is taken) and pressuring E. More simply put we defend A, D battle over C, B and pressure E.

Now for initial plan and moves: (very similar to RU moves but with E<->D and C<->A)

Air-goes for their air then for their choppers then armor

TC inf. squad- This squad takes the transport chopper and goes for the roof of B in the begging. If B is capped they should take off again if it is kept alive and go for E.

1 tank squad- 4 men use their respective tanks and move up to start hunting the sides of B.

2 mixed squads- The mixed squads can use their tanks as transport in the begging since a tank has 3 seats allowing for the 4 man o spawn in once they reach a flag. 1 mixed goes for A while the other goes for B. If they don’t fast attack A then both should move to B.

2 inf. squads- this is tricky but I have an overall plan. We can have one man from each inf. squad and one from the CO squad. The defending inf. squad and CO squad get dropped off at A. Then the CO or defending squad can use the buggy that spawns at A to move over to D. This will delay taking D but will help ensure the taking of A. The CO squad might want to put a man back in the stationary AA if the air becomes a problem.

CO squad- see above. D should be the flag to defend The AA might want to move to D since that will be delayed. Ignoring the above plan for the CO the CO squad could hold spawn and use the AA to get to D and spawn on the one man that drives the AA. This will also help the buggy get going faster since only 2 squads need to use reach it instead of 3.
                            Last edited by Bear61; 03-21-2012, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X