This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SCRIM] Commanding Officers Strategy Update Thread

So, I wanted to take this time to let you all know that [TG-3rd] Hardwind and I have come to a conclusion as to the opening moves strategies we'll be using for the TG vs AF scrim that's coming up. We'll post this strategy for review and discussion coming Monday night in this thread. So far these 4 strategies compromise two points, "Engagement Operations" and "Reactionary Operations." This will be a guide as to our plans for vehicle usage, what flags we'll attack/defend, and how we plan to respond to threat forces in the battlefield. Also, stay tuned for the updated and revised squad listing. I'll post some basics below,

US Side Firestorm Map Basics
    Priority Control Points: Alpha and Delta Flags.
    Secondary Control Point: Echo Flag.
    Harassment Points: Charlie and Bravo

We will attempt to capture and control Alpha and Delta Flags, using a Rapid Deployment Team to Capture and Contain Echo flag. During this we will attempt to contain enemy forces to Charlie and Bravo flags using Close Air Support and Attack Squads. We will respond to enemy tactics and strategy during the fight as needed.

RU Side Firestorm Map Basics
    Priority Control Points: Echo, Charlie and Bravo
    Primary Harassment Point: Alpha
    Secondary Harassment Point: Delta

We will capture and contain the PCP's while Harassing Delta and using our Transport Chopper and Primary Attack squad to Harass Alpha Flag.

These are just the basics, squad and vehicle usage will be updated tomorrow. I'll update with Karkand tomorrow as well.

-DR

TG-30th Damion Rayne - Commanding Officer

Content Development Writer | Developer Relations Liaison

Re: Commanding Officers Strategy Update Thread

I like the plans. What's the initial plan on capturing Echo as the US? The path to E from US is pretty exposed. They'll see us coming long before we even get there.

Comment

How about around the hill/mountain? Your exposed but also coming from a direction that is not usually expected. Get 2 fast movers going in the hopes that one gets there if the other takes fire.
      sigpic

Comment

agree with hil3illy -- going around mountain with fast movers?> maybe two squads! they would send their MBTs to E initially.... as we have a commander giving orders he can guide us as long as MBTs head to C or B then movers can take move on.

Comment

It also depends on how much time it would take for two squads to op in jeeps and make it all the way around the mountain to E. It would work, but it is probably a last resort situation as that takes 1/4 of our team out of play long enough for the other team to make effective pushes. Personally, for that idea to work, it would need to happen ASAP during the initial deployment.

One note about AF: They like to move around quite a bit as the round progresses but at the beginning of each round they have a certain plan that they stick to by the letter. On one of the caspian rounds last scrim, we grabbed B, D, and E, and they had had A as well as pressure on B and E. It was almost comical as no team capped C for nearly the first four minutes, until one of our squads eventually went and grabbed it, still with no pressure whatsoever from AF.

Second note: AF loved to do their jet-drops, so expect them to hit our back-side flag (D or E) relatively early on; however once their initial jet drop was foiled they seemed to lose interest in the flag rather fast.

Former TG-21st
          Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Good point Mac, what if there were only the drivers though? Let the 2 SL head over to A or D in the Helo, take those flags. If they don't make E we only lose 2 tickets, if they do there are 2 spawn points to capture E. With that in mind it could just be one jeep with 2 guys making the push for it.

Either way, I think it would be easier than making a direct approach from D to E.

And by that time who know what the rest of the battlefield will look like.

Edit: So I looked at the map and there is only one fast mover from spawn, so maybe this wasn't the best idea I had today.
            Last edited by hil3illy; 03-26-2012, 04:45 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

On firestorm the deployment only has one jeep. The use of the first jeep/transport chopper will be critical in terms of deployment and taking the flags early. One of the problems with firestorm is how to rapidly get our SLs out on the map so we can get men on the ground. If we can get a center flag early it will allow us to properly disperse troops in needed locations. Each side will have on average 2 jeeps once they take their front flags and a 3rd if they capture the enemy's back flag. I think it is important to send the first jeep to the center flag because of the speed.

Lets look at the possible jeep locations of the enemy team for starters. Assume that we send our TC and jeep to B the center flag. The jeep takes one of the buildings(recommend the square not L building) and the TC take the roof of the L building. Of course the TC does not have to stay at B but it should drop at B first.

If they send their jeep to our front/their back then they will be delayed. By this time our tanks should be rolling in to clean up. If they bring heavy AT then it could be a problem and that is why I recommend the 3 squad tank layout to put people on foot that can be used as spawn points if needed. Standard formation would be 2 on the ground and 2 in the tank. If the tank goes down then 3 on ground to engage the jeep rush while one man waits for the tank respawn and brings the tank again to the contested flag.
              If they send their jeep to the center then it is a fair fight and hopefully we will be able to win. If our jeep team fails to beat their jeep team then we will have the TC team on the roof to keep pressure on B to give us time for our tanks to move up so they don't set up a solid AT defense. This is why I think we should attack B from the ground and air in the begging. If we fail to cap the remaining people on B should play defensively and harass the enemy inf. to give our tanks a better chance.
              If they send their jeep to their front/our back then they will be delayed(more than likely will not happen).

In any case if they rush a flag a squads focus should be to survive and wait for our tanks to move up.

What I can see AF doing is jet bomb B and/or C(for US)A(for RU) in order to get on the roofs/pipes. I also think we saw them use tactics such as squad hopping which could be used to seriously bomb a flag in the start.

Comment

So, if I understand these guys right...that can't win a fair fight? Or am I just seeing things? If they plan on using dirty tactics, we'll have to adapt and be on our best to shove in their face just how dirty their tactics are. As a note, Hardwind is my XO for the coming rounds guys. He and I are working hard to make sure we've got set plans in place for this.
                -DR

TG-30th Damion Rayne - Commanding Officer

Content Development Writer | Developer Relations Liaison

Comment

I bow to your tactical superiority HardWind. :)
                  sigpic

Comment

Yea they could hop a guy in the jet, fly to b roof, and have 3/4 of their team spawned in there by the time we reach A/C with the jeep so no matter what we will have to play really well.

Former TG-21st
                    Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

how are we going to set up anti-aircraft defense? they must be focusing on air tactics, once they are dominant in/from air it takes a lots of tickets.

Comment

http://randomnade.com/game/battlefield-3/maps Go check this out. Found it today. Great for visually showing your tactics and strategies on the maps you are playing.

Comment

Just got back in town. Plans are looking good.

Are we planning on having practice(s)?

:icon_frow
                          |RIP| Counter=Ops 12.09.09 : Marine - Squadmate - Friend
                          sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X