X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SCRIM] US/RU Final Strategy: Operation Firestorm

THE PLAN:

Overall Squad layout:
    A- Air power 2 jets, 1 AC (AA as a 5th member)
    B- Tank hunters 2 tanks
    C- Tank One 1 tank
    D- Tank Two 1 tank
    E- Inf. One
    F- Inf. Two
    G- Inf. Three 1 TC
    H- CO 1 AA (AA will be a part of A squad and would share comms.)
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    EARLY GAME PLAN RU:
    Alpha is air
    Bravo will move to surround B flag
    Charlie will move to C flag and then continue to B if uncontested
    Delta will move to E flag and then continue between E and C to provide a defend
    Echo will move to B flag ground by jeep
    Foxtrot will move to B flag roof by TC
    Golf will pilot the TC and will drop of Foxtrot on B flag then continue to C
    Hotel will move to C flags by means of jeep driven by Echo squad

Transports starting SLs:
    Jeep: Echo SL(driver), Hotel SL(CO)
    TC: Golf SL(pilot), Foxtrot SL

Vehicle focus:
    Bravo tanks will perform search and destroy missions of enemy tanks. There are no underlying restrictions of movement but would recommend operations stay close to B. If there tanks go down push up as far as possible to C.

Charlie tank will be B flag’s main defense and will patrol the surrounding area.

Delta Tank is the reserve tank covering out two front flags. Its purpose is in case the enemy does a jeep or TC drop on one of our front flags. It role will be to get on flag to stop or delay the cap of the flag. It area of operations should be between C and E. If we start losing one flag then it will respond immediately. Enemy tank engagement is not expected.

TC: The transport chopper will be manned by squad G. The idea is to drop a 2-3 man team on a poorly defended flag for harassment. The goal is not to cap the flag but to force the enemy do defend when down 2 to 3 flags. The 2 man team should be highly mobile and use stealth. Running AT is recommended only as a means to make a tank stay on a back flag instead of moving up to attack B. This squad should be made of highly determined players that will more than likely have a high death count. The TC then will run 1 pilot and one engineer as a gunner/repair man. The 2 man squad may need to respond to enemy moves as well so the TC is recommended to stay back and alive. If defense of back flags is to strong and harassment is not working then recommend changing tactics and having a 4 man TC crew. 1 pilot, 2 gunners, and 1 dedicated repair man that will hunt down any enemy jeep or TC moving to our front flags.
    Jets: Keep the air clear for most of the game.

AC: Hit B in the beginning to take down any tanks. The AC should stay between our front flags and B in order to engage any enemy attack on our front flags/their back. Its primary role is to defend and rain down on any infantry flank attacks.

AA: move down center road scanning for jets and AC. If their TC goes for one of our front flags/their back then AA will intercept.

MID/END GAME PLAN RU:
    Most squads will defend their respected flags assigned in the early game. Hunter tanks will push as they see fit. Foxtrot squad will push up into A along with the Hunter tanks to provide constant pressure. In the event that we lose a front flag Echo squad will respond accordingly. They should have a jeep present on B as a means to respond. If first jeep goes down with the fight over B then one man should spawn back and bring one up. Please note that the defense of B should not carelessly leave to respond to every threat. The plan is to maintain B flag for the entire round which will take a significant amount of defense. Our front/their back flags will also be defend by squads D and H.
    E/F: should both consist of medics for taking and defending B effectively. 2 in the start are recommended.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    EARLY GAME PLAN US:
    Alpha is air
    Bravo will move towards B to provide heavy fire
    Charlie will move to C and will set up pressure B in a defensive manner.
    Delta will move to D and push out to E.
    Echo will move to B flag ground by jeep
    Foxtrot will move to E by TC
    Golf will pilot the TC and will drop Foxtrot on E and will assist on taking E.
    Hotel will move to C by means of jeep driven by Echo squad

Transports starting SLs remain the same:

Vehicle focus:
    Bravo tank will put pressure on B and may need to move to E in order to hunt down enemy tanks.

Charlie tank will focus on defending A and D while pressuring and suppressing B.

Delta Tank will move to defend E. It will be a difficult fight for this tank moving up out in an open. If this does not work well then it should move on the main road and add extra pressure to B.

TC: The transport will be our primary tool for taking E with speed. This time the TC crew focus will be first to defend E while doing occasional drops on C and B roof/pipes for harassment.

AC: the AC will again move similar to RU side while moving to E occasionally to wreak any tanks and infantry out in the open.

AA: mirror of RU side

MID GAME PLAN US:
    I do not expect to hold E the entire round. It is very open which means it is hard to defend as well as attack. If we lose E then the TC crew alone will constantly drop into E. If there AA is position as such then start dropping on C. The tank hunter team along with Echo squad will be very important as they will constantly be attacking B area. Their focus should be a slow push. If we lose E then they will make a strong push to B combined with Foxtrot squad as a means to quickly maintain 3 flags. This plan relies on us taking a back flag early on which as a high probability of failure. Because of this the attack on B must be effective. If we fail to take E and are stuck with A and D then we will attack B with full force while Golf and Foxtrot squad continue to drop with the TC and or jeep on E/C. Once we have three flags then defend as necessary and pressure opposing flags to force them to take a defensive position.

Other points US Plan:
    Echo Squad should be highly skilled with surviving on B flag as they will have a difficult fight in the begging. Do not attempt to take the flag at the start as you will more than likely get wiped. Recommend securing and holding the square building to the North East of flag off of flag cap.

RECOMMENDED OVERALL SQUAD KIT LAYOUT:
    These are my recommend kit layout and are not necessarily required. Some of the squad’s layouts are obvious such as the air squad so they will not be mentioned. Overall kit layout will depend on how the battle plays out.
    C/D: Recommend having one engineer on foot with an AT in order to support the tank.
    E: Recommend running a sniper with either a SOFLAM. Drop a beacon in one of B buildings and the SOFLAM on one of the roofs.

Thanks to Hardwind for writing this up for me. Squad Layout for this Map is coming soon. -DR

TG-30th Damion Rayne - Commanding Officer

Content Development Writer | Developer Relations Liaison

Re: US/RU Final Strategy: Operation Firestorm

In your RU plan, you say a couple things that I think only apply to US:
    Originally posted by DamionRayne View Post
    THE PLAN:
    EARLY GAME PLAN RU:
    Golf will pilot the TC and will drop of Foxtrot on B flag then continue to C

Vehicle focus:
    Bravo tanks will perform search and destroy missions of enemy tanks. There are no underlying restrictions of movement but would recommend operations stay close to B. If there tanks go down push up as far as possible to C.
    Am I right? Do those 2 sound weird?

I'm looking at this map:
    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/scrim-t...ml#post1705473
    BF4: Indiscrimin8

Comment

Same (opposite) for US side:
      Originally posted by DamionRayne View Post
      EARLY GAME PLAN US:
      Charlie will move to C and will set up pressure B in a defensive manner.
      Hotel will move to C by means of jeep driven by Echo squad

Or .. am I missing something?

Comment

Swap C/A for A/C in the correct positions. Originally I wrote the strategy for both sides and didn't remove the correct flags. Thank you for catching that.

Comment

Just to clear up for Charlie squad (Just a tad bit confused with mixing of C and A in OP)

On RU:
          Charlie squad will be moving to C initially and then to B

On US:
          Charlie squad will be moving to A initially and then a defensive move to B. Tank will defend A and D
          Is this squad also in charge of defending A and D? I don't see other squads assigned to it.

Comment

To Clarify

US:
            Charlie will move to A and the go to B.
            Hotel will move to A by means of jeep driven by Echo squad.

Delta Squad has D defense. While Charlie has A defense.

The tricky part is that we effectively give them B in the begging and go for E instead. But if they try to take E back then we also need to move into B. Charlie squad will have to play it by ear on how far they need to move up in order to capture B effectively without giving up A. Remember that Bravo the tank hunter squad will move around B with Echo squad as inf support. If we lose E the squads that where defending E will instantly attack B to apply pressure needed to take the flag. Then we can shift into a plan similar to RU side. It is a little risky because we need to take B at that moment but the way I see it is if we can't take B that means the defensive power there is strong which allows us to try to take E and or A which will delay their tanks. By delaying the tanks we will have a better chance at taking B. The US plan as more variables and concepts behind it than just pick 3 flags defend send a team out to attack a 4th like RU side. It's a push and pull plan. 1. Attack here 2. Their defense reacts 3. Attack somewhere else where the defense is weak. 4. Defend. Like flag hopping but with a clear plan and with two flags as base flags (A and D being defended). I think it is important to have a different plan for each side RU/US as this map is very symmetric.

RU:
            Charlie will move to C then to B. Make sure C is clear or there is enough defense before moving to B as we may have already taken B by jeep and TC.
            Golf will move to B by TC drop off Foxtrot and continue to A

Comment

Is this the Tank strategy?
              operation firestorm.jpg

Comment

That it is. I would say Bravo team tank hunters can have a larger area of operations as they see fit. Their area really depends on enemy tank movement.

Comment

Yea when playing in a tank really you have to be almost anywhere at anytime depending on the circumstances. B is simply a rough general focus, but help could be needed elsewhere.

Former TG-21st
                  Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

A note with the RU TC. I it appears to have a glitch, I'm not sure if its just the first person in the chopper as there was only 1 person on when trying this. When the pilot enters the helicopter he must be standing at the passenger side door to get in. I was having a very hard time running up to the chopper and getting in it today. Had to run all around pressing E until it let me inside it. The best spot I was able to find was the passenger door. (right side when facing the front of the chopper) If any one else can confirm they experienced this as it might be just some random one time thing I was experiencing today?

Comment

Time is very important so make sure if you are using the Jeep or TC that you know everyone that will be in it before you start driving.

Transports starting SLs remain the same for RU/US:

As for the TC pilot it does not have to be the SL if they wish to assign someone else in their squad to fly.

Comment

I have attached images with the initial tanks for Bravo, Charlie, Delta squads. This way there is no confusion and fast deployment.

Comment

Thanks Drunk, that helps alot. I have to make this point about this scrim. FIST have regular training and i am sure will be VERY organised for this scrim.
                          Even though we have several talented guys who play on TG, its the TEAM and squadwork that will either lose or win this for us.
                          At the moment, i have not noticed any practice for this scrim whatsoever!
                          Lots of guys are just going to breeze through the strategies employed and rely on their SL to issue orders, without knowing in advance what to do. This is not the way to scrim.
                          We all need to know positioning, situational awareness, back up plans, squad layouts, who is playing what and when etc etc
                          This is easily achieved if we have a practice. 1 round US/RU on both maps, sorting out what we need to do.
                          This only leaves us today and maybe a little time tomorrow to do it. Its very last notice. Some of my squad haven't even reported in, so i do not even know where i stand with my squad at the moment, its very disconcerning.

Comment

Not anything said about Hotel Squad (just the CO) - where they will go (assuming with CO), and what they will do (no idea).

Comment

US: Hotel goes to A
                              RU: Hotel goes to C

H will defend those flags in both cases. It can also move to E/D if needed. I recommend they set up soflams or mortars

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X