Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bazaar: RU Tactics (13th Internal Scrim 5/12/12)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [BRAVO] Bazaar: RU Tactics (13th Internal Scrim 5/12/12)

Use this thread to discuss possible tactics and strategies for Grand Bazaar playing as the RU side.

It matters not what letters or numbers come before my name, I'll always be 1stMIP.

sigpic

"It is all about being a teamplayer. Give a kitchen sink to a teamplayer and he'll find a way to support his squad with it."
    - John_CANavar (Marshall & Founder of the 1st Mechanized Infantry Platoon)

Re: Bazaar: RU Tactics

As a russian on Grand Bazaar i would suggest people to flank B from the round start. Why do i suggest this you may ask, well the US side is always faster to the B flag so there for and there for only you need atleast a small amount of people flanking either the right side or the left side to get in their back. It is also very good to have some "dummies" that is just baiting the US team so they will keep the focus forward and not on their backs. If you send 3 people from the same squad, be sure to tell them where the enemy is standing so the flank will be more sucessful.

*EDIT*
    If you dont understand my poor english or need a further explanation of what i just wrote feel free to ask me anything about this.
    Last edited by ali0ne; 05-11-2012, 09:17 AM. Reason: update the text etc

Comment

I understand you fine :) and my initial thoughts were similar to yours.

I am going to assume that we are missing people from the forums due to the short notice on getting things set up so my initial thoughts are still a plan for a team containing 4 squads.
      Fortunately, despite the lack of time I have to get things set up etc, I feel in terms of solid strategies this particular map with its CP's so close together is all about the round starts, after that it is going to be a case of moving the squads around as situations change and hoping I make the right calls. There are some things that squads can do within their setup/loadout to maximise efficiency if assigned a particular objective and I'll include footnotes in the squad summaries containing these.

I'll start by giving a brief round start strategy and then running through the squads and the roles.

From round start we go for a 3 flag push, those flags being C, B & D... I tossed and turned between E and D but ultimately decided that from a defensive stand point its easier for us to limit enemy movement from E than it is from D. Having the enemy at E with the possibility of only moving into C zone or backtracking seemed more logical than allowing them to spawn at D and either hit B from 2 sides or flank to C and from there even possibly flank the backside of B.

Squad roles:

Alpha Squad.
      At round start Alpha squad will proceed to Charlie on foot and cap. Once capped, Alpha squad will then focus attention in the direction of Echo, either sending a detachment to cap or digging in defensively to defend against enemy incursion.

Bravo Squad.
      At round start Bravo Squad will proceed directly to Bravo flag for a head on assault. As Ali0ne has already mentioned, the US side WILL get there first. your job is to aggressively attack this flag pushing down the middle as hard as you can and make it yours. Be sure to have sprint squad perk, and I would suggest M320 smoke and nades along with a recon to lay TUGS/MAV in one of the middle rooms to give you early warning of enemy presence and maybe a spawn beacon initially along the golden alley and when you get the flag place it in the back of one of the rooms. If you do manage to cap bravo it can be relatively easy to defend with a combination of early warning systems and smart positioning. If enemy resistance proves too much and you are unable to cap bravo flag then you are to ensure that the enemy doesn't leave bravo flag in the direction of charlie flag and wait for word from Delta Squad before commencing a two sided assault.

Charlie Squad.
      At round start Charlie squad SL will take the vodnik, pick up Delta Squad SL and head for Delta flag. This is a key flag, we don't know where the enemy will go but I would suggest being prepared for engaging the enemy Humvee, so AT/M320 should be considered.
      I would also consider having a recon in the squad and have him spawn into the vehicle en-route to have him hop out of the vodnik before the flag and place a spawn beacon in the tunnels on the right side of the road... He will also be usefull for long range Alpha engagement and early warning through tug/mav placed near the bravo shortcut.

Delta Squad.
      At round start Delta Squad SL will jump in the vodnik driven by Charlie Squad SL. Delta Squad SL will bail out at the shortcut to bravo and have his squad spawn. At this point Delta squads objective is to assist the capping of Bravo flag from the flank... HOWEVER... If Charlie Squad is heavily engaged at delta flag then Delta squad will assist there first before moving onto bravo. Delta flag is important as it will give us 2 avenues of attack on bravo flag as well as a possibility of alpha flag. Even if Bravo squad is having trouble penetrating Bravo flag, Delta Squad must make sure we have delta flag before moving on bravo flag.

--------------------------------------------

Communication is KEY to this plan. Both Bravo Squad and Charlie Squad will need to keep Delta Squad apprised of their situation. Delta Squad is very much the mobile assault unit and will need to communicate with those squads respectively. And of course all squads must keep command (Alpha Squad) informed of their situation. As such, COM discipline is a must. whisper keys to each SL must be set up and when instigating communication you must keep it short and on point. State who you are and wait for a confirmation/go signal from the person you are communicating with. Make sure you have a keyword set up that you can say to your squadmates to clear channels when speaking to other squads, I usually use "hold" or "hold coms", at which point everyone in the squad should know to shut the hell up unless its absolutely vital info. I know to most of us here at TG this is basic stuff, but I figured I should include it to emphasise its importance.

These were my initial thoughts and not set in stone.... yours are welcome!

Finestyle.
      It matters not what letters or numbers come before my name, I'll always be 1stMIP.

sigpic

"It is all about being a teamplayer. Give a kitchen sink to a teamplayer and he'll find a way to support his squad with it."

Comment

Yeah you have a nice idea going on here Finestyle. But attacking Bravo flag i would suggest people to smoke the kitchen(opposite of the small spawn) and take control off the 2 small rooms directly to the right hand side after banana(golden alley). If we wanna win this flag instantly we need people to go for the flanks to get in their back or maybe push to Alpha flag to force people to back off from Bravo flag.

And it will be conquest large?
        Last edited by ali0ne; 05-12-2012, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Bravo squad is on bravo flag the each round. We WILL need assistance at times. Cooperation between our squads will decide this one. Lets make sure the whisper lists are setup in time to play!

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by ali0ne View Post
            And it will be conquest large?
            As far as I am aware we will be playing conquest large (64p) map, without the BMP/LAV (Armour).

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X