BF3 Spawn beacon tactics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF3 Spawn beacon tactics

Well most of us have been introduced to Metro and Caspian Border and it's never to soon to discuss tactics and what others are doing to be successful.

With that said, I'll make a initial addition to the thread and say that me and a few others experimented with the beacons in rush on Metro as defenders and attackers and I can say that the results were devastating for our opponents. We would start by flanking up the sides and planting beacons either in behind rocks behind the MCOM positions, or as defenders I would plant a beacon in the bushes under the bridge. This essentially gave us either a permanent flanking position as attackers and an unstoppable wall as defenders. One thing that I would like to add though, the beacons are rather broken in my opinion and should be addressed as they are impossible to find and therefore impossible to counter unless you literally see a bush give birth to four rifleman at once. Where in 2142 you at least heard it beeping, in BF3 there's no indication of it what-so-ever.
    A.E.K.Δ.B.

Re: Let's Discuss Tactics...

Quick question about the beacons. I have used them a few times, but I don't think the enemy can "kill" them can they? If not then I reckon they are indeed broken. But I planted one as defenders in the entrance to the subways on section 2, and had my squad spawn there over and over, totally disrupting the enemy. They never got any MComs that rounds. But the beacon was in plain sight, yet they never figured out how to kill it. I have not come across an enemy one to try and kill it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo View Post
      Quick question about the beacons. I have used them a few times, but I don't think the enemy can "kill" them can they? If not then I reckon they are indeed broken. But I planted one as defenders in the entrance to the subways on section 2, and had my squad spawn there over and over, totally disrupting the enemy. They never got any MComs that rounds. But the beacon was in plain sight, yet they never figured out how to kill it. I have not come across an enemy one to try and kill it.
      It can be destroyed, I have personally destroyed one at the tower overseeing the Antenna flag on Caspian. In my opinion, it's still broken as there should be some proximity noise or something like 2142 that atleast lets the enemy have a chance to counter it.
      A.E.K.Δ.B.

Comment

Yes, beacons rock, especially, as you say, when placed behind enemy lines.

Just like every release, there will be nerfs/adjustments as needed once players start catching on.

But yeah, it was like 2142 all over again. :)

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Yes they can be shot and destroyed, gives 20 points^^

They do in fact beep. Really annoying sound if you are laying next to one.. It's loud enough to hear them just fine without it being to obvious.

Tactics.. C4! :) Been using it as both defender and attacker with great success :D
          Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

As a defender I like to put a beacon behind (on the offensive side) popular choke points. I have racked up many double/triple kills doing this because I spawn in behind an advancing squad and wipe them before they know I'm there. I like to have options as a defender when I spawn.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus View Post
              Yes, beacons rock, especially, as you say, when placed behind enemy lines.

Just like every release, there will be nerfs/adjustments as needed once players start catching on.

But yeah, it was like 2142 all over again. :)
              There are "spawn beacons"? Experiment is back in business!

"Ok....smoke sometimes works."

Comment

Originally posted by experiment626 View Post
                There are "spawn beacons"? Experiment is back in business!
                The recon class can put them down (they are not SL-only) and any squad member can spawn on them.
                As stated above they beep and can be shot up, but I suspect nearly no one has experience with the beacons and therefore is not actively seeking them out or even recognizing them as threat when they see one.
                As defender on Metro I placed a beacon next to the B Mcom and it stayed intact the whole round.
                former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

Re: BF3 Spawn beacon tactics

I thought the whole team can spawn on it, not just your squad

Comment

Came across a few today, people were placing them underground somehow. Shot them up, felt good. :)

Comment

i use mine as a defender on the right side with the hugee tunnel. i shoot out the lights in the train car that is in front of that wooden wall, than i place a beacon in the train car and snipe than i can just spawn back, or if a squad moves up and past i am behind them :)
                      |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

A good place to put one as defender in Metro is in the driver's compartment in one of the front subway trains, this allows your squad (can blues spawn on them too?) to spawn right at the main defensive area, and most people never go in the subway cars at all, much less into the driver's compartment.

Comment

Originally posted by Amplitudo View Post
                          As a defender I like to put a beacon behind (on the offensive side) popular choke points. I have racked up many double/triple kills doing this because I spawn in behind an advancing squad and wipe them before they know I'm there. I like to have options as a defender when I spawn.
                          This is a bit imbalanced, IMO. You shouldn't be able to place a beacon in a place where you otherwise wouldn't be able to spawn on a squad mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Specterr View Post
                            I thought the whole team can spawn on it, not just your squad
                            Only the squad can spawn on their own recon's mobile spawn point (beacon). You can have multiple beacons with multiple recons in your squad.

For those wondering about how to take out beacons, you can generally use logic to determine if the enemy has a spawn point, where it might be, and destroy it. Usually it works like this:

1. I shoot enemy player dead.
                            2. 10 seconds later I shoot enemy player dead again in the exact same location which would be impossible to reach unless he spawned on a squad mate, or used a beacon.
                            3. I move closer towards the position where they seem to be coming from, and hear a beeping noise.
                            4. If I am able to get within 5-10m of it, I can actually see the spawn beacon icon in the game, allowing me to locate it exactly, even through a wall.

You can generally say that the enemy is using a spawn beacon if they are flanking you from behind, or reinforcing very quickly. Destroying them takes a few bullets (5-10 shots), or you can throw a grenade to hit them in hard to reach places.

Comment

Agree with Dillweed about the metro car cabs. That can be a really great spot to get behind the enemy without being noticed.

I have seen some people getting them inside rocks (a glitch), and I have noticed some other oddities with it that I hope they fix. One thing that needs to be rethought is the ability to spawn as recon, place a beacon then switch kits and have it stay there all game. A bit OP, but that is my opinion.
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X