If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Squad Perks stack in the sense that if each person uses a different squad perk, each squad member receives that perk. Therefore, your squad will want to rock 4 unique perks to help outfit your combat style. Squad perks are supposed to show up next to the person's name near the minimap. Right now only the Squad Sprint icon shows up.
Here are the perks. I believe the first perk is gained at 22, and every 2 levels gains another one in order below:
1. Squad Sprint - Everyone gets faster running and longer running duration (though I haven't seen duration become a factor yet)
2. Squad Ammo - Everyone gets extra magazines (generally +2 depending on weapon).
3. Squad Flak - Everyone gets more resistance vs. grenades, rockets, etc.
4. Squad Explosives - Everyone carries more rockets, etc.
5. Squad Suppression - Everyone generates more suppression when firing.
6. Squad Cover - Everyone resists suppression more.
7. Squad Frags - Everyone carries more frags, rifle grenades.
I think the 4 most important ones are:
1. Suppression (I think this gives you an edge in a firefight as long as the OPFOR isnt using an UMP)
2. Ammo (generally the support person can provide ammo however)
3. Cover (counters suppression)
4. Sprint (just feels good as I cant really tell a difference between normal sprint usually)
And then swap out cover or sprint for Frags/Explosives if your squad and the map demands it with the weapon loadouts chosen.
The reason why I do not believe squad perks are only usable by a squad leader is because anyone can use them at any time, and they all apply to the person using them as well. Example: I am not a squad leader but I have squad ammo on. I confirm that TGers in my squad have extra ammo. Therefore, it is not exclusive to squad leaders. Of course, we're talking beta. Squad perks seem to not only:
1. Apply to yourself
2. Does not require you to be the SL
3. Does not require a SL even to be in the squad itself (no star)
I also do not believe these should be exclusive to the squad leader. Anything that helps create cooperation (in this case people communicating to select the best squad specializations) is a plus to me.
Might also be the fact that servers are all set to let you spawn on everyone in the squad. If set to the "SL on everyone, SMs on SL only" mode I'd heard talked about, might be that SLs only give squad perks there.
I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.
The text describing it said that the squad perks were usable by the rest of the squad. No mention of having to be squad leader. In fact, I think there was a hint on the loading screen that encouraged everyone to balance their squad perks with their squad mates.
Here is my order of importance...
Squad EXPL (if have engineers on squad)
You could make the case to lower AMMO if you have a support guy who's quick with the ammo bags. EXPL and FRAG seemed to both increase the amount carried as well as damage. A hit square on the back of a tank with an RPG and EXPL seemed to disable it (>50% damage).
EDIT: I unlocked them all and experimented with all of them except squad FRAG.