Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[UNLOCKED] Get your smoke grenades over here!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [UNLOCKED] Get your smoke grenades over here!

Hello.

I've noticed a complete lack of smoke grenades on the TG servers. I know it's only day 2, but some people are already rank 15+ and smoke grenades aren't that hard to get. I think the current problematic maps (Metro, the one with the tunnel), as well as other maps that turn into a meat grinder at certain parts, would all go over a little smoother with the help of some good ol' fashioned smoke grenades!

In order to unlock the smoke grenades, you need:

- The first three unlocks for the Assault class (M203 Grenade Launcher)
    - 20 kills with the grenade launcher.

I have found that the easiest way to unlock both of these items, is through Team Deathmatch. Simple, mindless killing to quickly rack up points and get those unlocks! You can also level up your Assault class through Rush and Conquest, but I strongly recommend getting the 20 kills through deathmatch. The M203 Grenade launcher is extremely buggy, and a direct hit can vary wildly from an instant kill to 60% health. The targeting reticle will also randomly disappear. You will have a very hard time using it during more serious game play, which is probably why nobody does! (and probably why no one has smoke grenades :-P)

The smoke grenades are launched out of the M203, and they will explode on impact. This makes them much easier to aim, however the downside is you cant bounce them off walls. Still, the plume of smoke is big, thick, and lasts a good while.

I hope this post has been informal, and encourages more people to unlock and use those smoke grenades! See you on the battlefield!

Re: [UNLOCKED] Get your smoke grenades over here!

That is good to know about the grenade launcher. Because I could have sworn I hit people directly and it did not kill them. Other times I would kill multiple people with it. Maybe it has something to do with range?

Comment

I love them.....I would love to get them but I constantly have to play engie or support due to everyone constantly playing the assault class
      "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Do they actually put out smoke? From memory, previous in the series, the smoke was minimal and dissipated too quickly to be effective.
        |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
        "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
        - Check me out on The Onion
        - I'm on the local news!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFatKidDeath View Post
          Do they actually put out smoke? From memory, previous in the series, the smoke was minimal and dissipated too quickly to be effective.
          It seems to be a healthy amount from what I've seen.

It's hard for me to roll with the 320 because it takes away your medkit, and that's so useful.

Comment

And my PERSONAL outlook is that I would avoid multiplayer "mindless killing" for the sheer use of getting unlocks. I had a lot of fun with a couple rounds with grunt and others in S2 yesterday and managed to get a good number of unlocks.

Comment

The smoke is a pretty cool effect. I saw a guy using it yesterday and I was impressed. It's pretty thick and lasts a good while. NOt sure how it'll be once you got alot of people using smoke :P.

Comment

Thanks for the tip on how to get smoke because it doesn't list any upgrades for the grenade launcher, at least it doesn't for me.
                Home/Gaming PC: [email protected]/Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula/EVGA GTX 1080 SC/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound BVlaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro SSDs x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/

Comment

At least in the beta it was very good smoke. Lasts about as long as it takes for you to fire all of your smoke grenades and seems really thick.

One thing: Unless they changed it, you'll unlock the dart (shotgun) rounds before smoke grenades. Do not switch to them, they will not count for your smoke count. As for the grindiness, well, that's what maps like OpMetro CQ is for. Everyone else is support or assault with medkits, you really don't need to add your box to the other 5 on the pile at the corner. Switch over, put rails on your AR, and start earning your smoke grenades!
                  I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

Thanks for the tip! I was wondering if/when smoke grenades would be available.

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

I loved the smoke grenades in BC2, and unlocked them in BF3 right before the beta ended. They were awesome help on the metro sections and park section.
                      Highlight of my rounds were when I would be near the entrance to the subway smoking it up to blind the attackers and would peg someone in the chest. One shot kill.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Here are some tips on smoke:

On MCOMs, on enemy vehicles, covering advances, and to gain a tactical position. You don't need to go to a death match server to unlock it. It's actually better if you unlocked it by using it as norm, killing people in buildings or behind rocks (experience using the 320 is a lot more important than just getting smokes quickly IMO and 20 kills is fairly simple task if you want to keep playing on the TG servers). You don't need to use the explosives rounds either. Equipping DARTs (10 kills), is like packing the most powerful shotgun available. Sure it only has 8 rounds but it kills in one hit like the 870, except having slightly longer range, more spread, and way more stopping power.

But hey, why use smoke when that means you need 2 assault kits? Get your mortar smokes too! The support kit can use smokes via the mortar and its far easier to resupply with another squad's support guy rather than having 2 support. Plus the support mortar can drop smoke for any squad almost anywhere, and then resupply.

But wait! Why stop there when your recon's MAV can deploy smoke from an aerial position almost silently while spotting! Make sure your sniper guy who's barely racking up any kills get your squad into position without having to sacrifice his location or remove the support guy from helping his squad, spotting is a bonus via the MAV (i'm kidding and this would only work on non SL spawn servers).

Comment

I'm trying to unlock the smoke grenades and geez, people really don't like it when you play with the grenade launcher.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazar View Post
                            I'm trying to unlock the smoke grenades and geez, people really don't like it when you play with the grenade launcher.
                            I rarely see it used. In fact, I don't see the grenade launcher used that much either. Maybe as more players unlock it but not so much now.

The smoke is such a great cover tool. It works fantastic with a fully functional squad. There needs to be a smoke mortar round unlock.
                            |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
                            - I'm on the local news!

Comment

*Read in another thread that there is a mortar smoke round :) - activated hitting "2".
                              |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
                              - I'm on the local news!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed