This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] BF3 Tips thread

Post up your favourite discoveries from BF3! Everyone's a newbie at something, help us out!

My best 'discoveries' so far:

- You will bail a vehicle where your gun is facing. So if you're in a tank, and point your turret toward the back, then exit the vehicle, you magically appear behind the vehicle. This is great for people in the 2nd seat of a tank so they can safely bail the tank and repair without getting shot.

- The recon unlock TUGS points out where enemy infantry is around it. However, it only works on the same level as deployed. So if you set it on the first floor of a building, any hostiles above you won't appear on it.

- You can "LEAVE SQUAD" and then select another squad, and there's a tiny little button at the bottom that says "JOIN". If that squad is empty, you have to wait for another person to select that squad and click "JOIN", otherwise you're just waiting to join that squad. Simply put, you can't join a squad by yourself.

Hope that helps, give us your tips! :)

Re: BF3 Tips thread

Excellent info!

What is the range of the TUGs radar(?) thingy?
    sigpic

Comment

Very small, but IIRC it emits a different tone when enemy is detected. I use it as an 'oh ****'-dector when spotting/"sniping". Allegedly does not work on prone or crouching enemies. I know it had issues in beta.

Comment

Obvious to most I'd think but,

You can press SHIFT(default) in land vehicles for an increase in speed at the expense of maneuverability. Works in reverse as well!
        |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

- In the Helo gunner position, pressing C goes to first-person free-look rather than external chase-cam. You can see further behind you than you can w/ the chin-gun sites, so it's handy for spotting enemy helo's.

Comment

I'm not sure about this one, others will have to try it also but pressing alt enter mid round triggers the "saving" text. I was under the impression the in game unlocks etc only saved at end of map. Perhaps this is a way to force a stat save?

Comment

Originally posted by Squinty View Post
              I'm not sure about this one, others will have to try it also but pressing alt enter mid round triggers the "saving" text. I was under the impression the in game unlocks etc only saved at end of map. Perhaps this is a way to force a stat save?
              Alt Enter is the shortcut in windows to transfer from windowed to fullscreen, and stats are transmitted at the end of the round to EA master server, just like all previous battlefield games, I don't think there's a way to trigger the transmission prior to round end.

-Apparently in order to get an air launched missile to enter top attack mode, it isn't enough to actually fire it in a top attack angle, the target must also be SOFLAM designated.

Comment

-You can not parachute off small buildings / warehouses - so you may die. Appears to be 3 stories minimum to get a chute...
                -Turn off your laser / tac light!!! (T key).... or better yet, don't use them
                -Spawn beacons disappear after the recon unit that deployed it spawns on it - you must deploy each time you come in from that point.
                -SOFLAM needs a line of sight to "paint" a target, but can be extremely powerful when used in conjunction with a pilot with Air-to-ground missiles or Javelins. There is a damage bonus too, I think.
                Last edited by cptCuervo; 10-29-2011, 08:18 PM.

Comment

- Anti Personnel Mines (APM) -- don't place them near fireworks. They will detonate if a bullet hits them! They will detonate if friendly or enemy grenades go off near them! They will detonate if Mortars strikes are nearby them! PLace them in a safe area where enemy may pass by.
                  - You only get two APMs (unless someone will state otherwise).
                  - They disappear after you die! :(

Comment

- You can kick squad mates. Courtesy of Mr. BleedingKnee - press ESC to access the menu, click on "SQUAD AND TEAM", select your squad on the left, select the squad member on the right, then, at the very bottom, there is a small button that says "KICK".

- If you're using the Support 60mm Mortars, every time an enemy mortar fires, it's automatically painted on your map. Free kills :)

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
                      - In the Helo gunner position, pressing C goes to first-person free-look rather than external chase-cam. You can see further behind you than you can w/ the chin-gun sites, so it's handy for spotting enemy helo's.
                      found out last night pressing C in any vehicle gives you a third person view. This can be especially helpful for tanks in close quarters.
                      sigpic
                      |TG-1st|Grunt
                      ARMA Admin (retired)
                      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Possibly an obvious one, but engineers in the side (exterior) seats in transport/scout helicopters can repair them with the blowtorch. Look down and towards the back, and there should be a point where you can repair it (near the gun pods, if I remember correctly). Useful if you are damaged at medium/high altitude - you can switch seat, repair a bit, and switch back before you crash.
                        Last edited by westyfield; 11-02-2011, 08:42 PM. Reason: clarified
                        |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                        Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Spec Ops Black camo shows up black on IRNV scopes. Some of the equipment like the vest and the headgear is still orange.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buflak View Post
                            Spec Ops Black camo shows up black on IRNV scopes. Some of the equipment like the vest and the headgear is still orange.
                            If you're the American Engineer, only your face will show up! http://www.reddit.com/tb/m3zgt

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Use the external camera when flying a jet, then turn hard to visually sweep the map. This makes it extremely easy to spot enemy jets/ choppers; once you've got one sighted go back into the cockpit and engage.

Comment

When in an open-air chopper (Little Bird or Black Hawk), do not shoot RPGs or SMAWs from a side seat. Even though you're facing empty air, the missile will hit the chopper and you will end up with several team kills. Anti-air rockets are fine - Stingers and Igle are OK to be fired from the side seats.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X