Lanes of fire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lanes of fire

Hello all. I'm relatively new to TG. However there is one thing I wanted to share with everyone. That thing being: lanes of fire. A lane of fire is simply the path or "lane" that someone is shooting in. The same reason you stay out of enemy lanes of fire is the same reason you should stay away from teammates lanes of fire. It can be difficult especially in close quarter areas to avoid getting shot by teammates, but scanning your surroundings and using DICE's wonderful audio will allow you to get teamkilled less. If you hear continuous fire from either side of you, the first thing you should do is look around and see who is shooting. Once you determine that choose the best direction to move. If you must react quickly and cannot take your eyes off a certain area, then the next best thing to do is prone or crouch and move over. Hopefully this helps people be a bit more aware about how the majority of tks happen and how to avoid them.

Re: Lanes of fire

welcome StaIwart! hope you eblnjoy your time with us :) I am guessing this is a response to tking on the server?
    |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

More like an informative guide. Cause I uh.....accidentally shot some peoples.

Comment

Good stuff! Especially applicable on Grand Bazaar

Comment

It seems so obvious yet I find this hard in the corridor maps. I have jumped in front of a shooting teammate too many times. And IŽd like to add this, watch out when crossing roads, friendly vehicles might not be able to stop in time.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by StaIwart View Post
            Hello all. I'm relatively new to TG. However there is one thing I wanted to share with everyone. That thing being: lanes of fire. A lane of fire is simply the path or "lane" that someone is shooting in. The same reason you stay out of enemy lanes of fire is the same reason you should stay away from teammates lanes of fire. It can be difficult especially in close quarter areas to avoid getting shot by teammates, but scanning your surroundings and using DICE's wonderful audio will allow you to get teamkilled less. If you hear continuous fire from either side of you, the first thing you should do is look around and see who is shooting. Once you determine that choose the best direction to move. If you must react quickly and cannot take your eyes off a certain area, then the next best thing to do is prone or crouch and move over. Hopefully this helps people be a bit more aware about how the majority of tks happen and how to avoid them.
            Great post, StaIwart! And welcome to Tactical Gamer!

I agree completely. Being aware of friendly lanes of fire is incredibly important and something that should always be kept in mind in a firefight. I had a few teammates run DIRECTLY into my line of fire the other night and then simply stop to fire at the same target I was engaging. I only had one accidental TK as a result, but it was still relatively annoying. If you have someone next to you engaging a target, you should move around BEHIND them rather than in front of them.
            Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by StaIwart View Post
              More like an informative guide. Cause I uh.....accidentally shot some peoples.
              ahhh ok :) I have too in the 20 minutes ive played the game so far, i have to much work XD
              but yeah great info, and alvin is right also
              |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

This would apply to vehicles too. I've had at least one tank that decided to drive in front of the enemy tank that I shot an RPG at :( Still don't know why he did that...
                You know what attract bullets the most in Battlefield 3?? MY HEAD!!
                sigpic

Comment

Excellent advice StaIwart.

It was a great pleasure having StaIwart in my squad the other night for numerous rounds.

He is an excellent teamplayer, makes use of cover when advancing, understands basic comms procedures (always confirms when he has heard and understood an order with a "rgr"), and makes an excellent fireteam member.
                  Last edited by E-Male; 10-29-2011, 01:28 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

I'd like to see more people kneeling and paying attention to others positions: kneel/prone/standing.

When you kneel, you're telling others you'll be stationary for a little bit and they can shoot above you or feel comfortable moving quickly past when you reload or such. If someone is firing over you, don't stand up. Wait until they are done or move to the side, then stand.

If someone is standing and firing, kneel - whether you're going to shoot in the same direction or creep by, kneeling will help prevent accidental tks.

A team mate prone means they usually don't want you standing near by or on top of them. One of the tough parts I've experienced playing support is too many people will stand directly in front of me when I'm prone with the bipod out, almost oblivious-like as to what I'm doing there. Not only can this create a teamkill when I'm firing and Private Dummy decides to move by, not paying attention to bullets whizzing by at his feet until his ankles are sawed off with my M249 at the same time I first see them, but standing next to a prone support or sniper etc creates a big target for enemies, especially their grenades and rockets etc.

If you engage in the same lane as a team mate, ask yourself if they know exactly where you are - if not, try to join their lane in a different position or from a different angle - stand up slightly on the hillside, jump on a box, etc

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X