Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [GUIDE] SOFLAM - recon unlock

Re: SOFLAM - recon unlock

good stuff...watched the tutorial for the Jav too.
    sigpic
    |TG-1st|Grunt
    ARMA Admin (retired)
    Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Just got guided missles in Jets, so... .light em up!!!

Comment

Good stuff! Gotta unlock this

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
        "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

How do people know that a target is laser designated?

Comment

if your soflam is deployed and your using the remote view thinga ma jiggy I think it shows the target with a solid box as designated. It was in the first part of the video I think.
            "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

This has some great uses for Squad Leaders here on TG...

:)

I'll be experimenting with it tonight!
              Skud

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
                if your soflam is deployed and your using the remote view thinga ma jiggy I think it shows the target with a solid box as designated. It was in the first part of the video I think.
                I think he's asking about other people and not the recon soldier. I believe there would only be two subtle signs that a SOFLAM is painting a target:

1) The enemy asset is depicted on the mini-map, though that can also be done with spotting
                2) When you enter firing mode, the asset already has a square and a lock-tone on it.

Of course there's a third rather unimportant sign as well...

3) They pop IR Smoke/Flares and you get a grin when it all proves futile.
                My sanity is not in question...
                It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

So I got to play two games where a SOFLAM was up and I had AGMs armed. It is not as much of an insta-lock as I'd hoped, I had the beam scanner on and it still took a second or so to lock on to the laser. What is worse is that 5 out of 7 times the beam would break before my lock was solid. A couple of times this happened as the tank popped smoke, I hope this was just a coincidence. The two times I had solid tone it was an instant kill, so there may be some damage boost going on.

Still, it is a great tool to work with!

Comment

i got the guided shell for the tank and i need more targets to hit. bring out those soflams on big maps like caspin or operation firestorm really good place for the soflam loads of tanks on those maps

Comment

Was driving a tank around and spotted a SOFLAM on the ground picking targets. On the other victim side of the equation there are a few things of note:

1) The red light disrupts visuals to some extent so just like a gun's laser sight it can screw with the person on the wrong end's ability to see you a little. Not as bad as a tactical light, but its still significant. The flip side of it is that it does paint a giant 'shoot me now!' target on that location.
                      2) Stupid thing is ridiculously hard to kill for me even on level ground. Fired off 7 tank rounds and the dang thing was still alive so I switched to the coaxial LMG and had to spin up the belt twice before I knocked the SOFLAM out. I suppose getting out and getting up close and personal is the better option, but sometimes that's just not a good idea. On another map I was the gunner of a transport copter and even at relatively close range I couldn't take it out with the chaingun.
                      3) It is great for spooking drivers. There were two people ahead of my tank in an IFV and another MBT and when they got in range of the SOFLAM they would flip out and go into reverse at full throttle. They kept doing this until I moved up and spotted what was the cause of all the ruckus I kept tone on me so they moved past thinking the danger was over.

I'm guessing a savvy driving element could make a SOFLAM flip out by trading hot-spot locations with another driver. If you leap frog tanks with the SOFLAM, or even drive behind another tank, then the lock-on gets lost and it tries to establish on the other vehicle. You can keep doing this to prevent it from ever getting a lock or disrupting a lock to screw with javelins. Did this once, purely by accident of course, when I crossed behind with a Humvee. Poor sod got tone and started freaking out immediately until I drove out from behind him and reacquired the SOFLAM's lock.
                      My sanity is not in question...
                      It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X