BF3 Tips -- Q&A thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF3 Tips -- Q&A thread

I don't want to mess up the Tips thread, but there are a lot of small questions that could be answered in a thread like this.

I'll start with a few:

-- Do all of the scopes reflect light?
    -- How much of a difference is there between the gun unlocks? I mean, are you stupid if you are Assault and still using the M16A3 when other guns are available?
    -- How long do mines last after you die?

I'm sure there will be more...

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Re: BF3 Tips -- Q&A thread

-- Do all of the scopes reflect light?

no, only 6x and above have a glare

-- How much of a difference is there between the gun unlocks? I mean, are you stupid if you are Assault and still using the M16A3 when other guns are available?

no, just stick to what ever you want that's how this game was built

-- How long do mines last after you die?

the mines last forever until some one kills them

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus View Post

I have actually seen people who have 10k+ kills with the M16A3. It is the "beloved" starter like the Krylov in a way.

Former TG-21st
      Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

my beef with the unlock guns is that you end up starting over with a weaker gun. e.g. even though i'm a relative, newb, at least i can stick a scope, heavy barrel, and foregrip on my gun (imo the best all-around 'battle rifle' combo). if i move to the next one, i start all over again.

it really does feel like some people have suspiciously more powerful weapons than me. i.e. i put 5-10 shots in someone's groin (what can i say, i tend to aim low) and get killed by a couple rounds from them. is it headshots? are they all lethal or something? i'd figure my kevlar brain bucket would offer some kind of protection, if you're gonna tell me blowing someone's junk off (pfft the plater carriers in the game don't even have crotch flaps) isn't incapacitating. :D

has anyone compiled weapon/unlock info yet? most games like this, someone eventually pegs down all the damage and ROF numbers, exactly what things like vert grips and upgraded barrels do, ect.
        [TG]epheneh

Comment

Originally posted by burble View Post
          my beef with the unlock guns is that you end up starting over with a weaker gun. e.g. even though i'm a relative, newb, at least i can stick a scope, heavy barrel, and foregrip on my gun (imo the best all-around 'battle rifle' combo). if i move to the next one, i start all over again.

it really does feel like some people have suspiciously more powerful weapons than me. i.e. i put 5-10 shots in someone's groin (what can i say, i tend to aim low) and get killed by a couple rounds from them. is it headshots? are they all lethal or something? i'd figure my kevlar brain bucket would offer some kind of protection, if you're gonna tell me blowing someone's junk off (pfft the plater carriers in the game don't even have crotch flaps) isn't incapacitating. :D

has anyone compiled weapon/unlock info yet? most games like this, someone eventually pegs down all the damage and ROF numbers, exactly what things like vert grips and upgraded barrels do, ect.
          See http://bit.ly/bf3weaponstats

Comment

Claymores disappear immediately upon death I believe, but you are right about the AT mines.

There is something very satisfying about fighting on another part of the map and getting a vehicle/player kill where you were 5 minutes ago.
            sigpic
            |TG-1st|Grunt
            ARMA Admin (retired)
            Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Thanks for all the info guys.

Re: mines.. So, they are persistant.. Up to a limit? I mean, I can't just lay 100 mines, can I?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Thanks for all the info guys.

Re: mines.. So, they are persistant.. Up to a limit? I mean, I can't just lay 100 mines, can I?
                I think if you resupply and lay more, the first one's disappear. If you die, they don't disappear, and you can go lay more. I imagine there is some kind of upper limit, but I don't know what that is.

Comment

The mines (and claymores) are tied to your soldier and not the kit. (ie...if you are allowed 5 mines total, they will stay until until you lay the 6th mine, which will eliminate your 1st mine).

Comment

Ok, new question: How does the flag logic work on conquest? Does the number of people matter? How are things resolved when there are members of both teams in the flag radius?

Comment

Ok, new question: How does the flag logic work on conquest? Does the number of people matter? How are things resolved when there are members of both teams in the flag radius?
                      The team with more people on the radius caps it. The more people you have over the other team the faster it will cap.

As far as the effect of each extra person adds I am not sure...in previous titles it works on a diminishing returns basis, but I have not tested this is BF3 yet.

Comment

I actually still use the M16 and the AK-74. never had a reason to switch it up besides when i use the engi kit.

Comment

AT Mines - You can lay more than 5, im not sure where you got that from. You get 6 alone when you use the explosives perk. In fact, I have laid 10 at one time, I havent tried more than that though

Comment

How up to date is the damage chart? I am just curious if the M16 Supp is still showing up on mini maps.

Comment

More questions:

Tank upgrade - Reactive Armor. Does this get repaired, or once it's gone, it's gone until you get a new tank?

Can transport choppers repair mid-air? The other day I hit one 3 times with a guided shell, and each time only got a message of Vehicle Disabled. (Regen was on on that server though)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X