Gulf of Oman *blah*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gulf of Oman *blah*

Gulf of Oman is far, far, far more frustrating to play than I remember. What has changed? How does one deal with the constant vehicle barrage? How does one effectively engage helicopters when the Engineer's AA assets are fairly useless?

Playing this map makes me want to uninstall the game in frustration. Care to share any tips?

Re: Gulf of Oman *blah*

Originally posted by KoopaTroopa View Post
    Gulf of Oman is far, far, far more frustrating to play than I remember. What has changed? How does one deal with the constant vehicle barrage? How does one effectively engage helicopters when the Engineer's AA assets are fairly useless?

Playing this map makes me want to uninstall the game in frustration. Care to share any tips?
    I posted of this a well. The armor in BF2 was much less infantry minded than in BF3. guided shells, anti infantry shells, reactive armor......definatly not BF2 armor. Plus it respawns much to fast....which I think is the main issue. Between oman and karkand I cant stand either because of the armor.
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

I feel like it's the increased view distance. In BF2 you couldn't see too too far because of the constant fog.

The key to Oman is having a dedicated soflam and jav team.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Really, even if you are not an engi assigned to a dedicated jav team, you can do a lot of damage. No matter where you are on the map, you can help with the local fight, wait for something to get lased, shoot a jav at it and turn back around and continue helping with the local fight. As long as there is a dedicated soflam lase'r and 3+ javalins on the team, it will be extremely difficult for the other team's armor to get anything done, which can cost them the round.

Former TG-21st
        Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Indeed, there is much that can be done to defeat armor, particularly when squads are cohesive and communicating.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X