BF3 scopes: a visual comparison

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF3 scopes: a visual comparison

Intended to complement the excellent BF3 Guide to Scopes/Sights by Avs, here's a visual overview of the various scopes featured in BF3. All images were taken from the same position on Wake Island, looking at the exact same spot. As a result, the level of magnification, field of view, and sight obstruction of each scope should be easy to distinguish and compare between them.

01 irnv 1x

02 reflex rds

03 kobra rds

04 holographic holo

05 pka-s holo

06 m145 3.4x

07 pk-a 3.4x

08 acog 4x

09 pso-1 4x

10 pks-07 7x

11 rifle scope 8x

12 ballistic 12x
    <insert signature spam here>

Re: BF3 scopes: a visual comparison

I find it interesting that when you look through an open magnified scope (like the 3.4's or 4's), it not only magnifies what is within your scope but it also magnifies what you see in your peripherals.

Former TG-21st
    Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

I was using the 3.4x scopes, but I've since switched to the holographic holo. I like it on my P90 or any AR. Question-- what's the difference between it and the pka-s holo? Are they both just as fast aim down scope?

Comment

It's interesting that the lowest level of zoom (over 1x) is supposedly 3.4x. If you compare IRNV, Reflex RDS, and Kobra RDS (01, 02, and 03), they all have the same level of 1x zoom: you can see 2 white power boxes on the left. Then look at holographic holo and the PKA-S holo (04 and 05). Unless I'm missing something, they're supposed to be 1x zoom as well, but you now only see 1 white power box on the left, and the view is clearly zoomed in a little. The player is in the same spot as you can see in all the minimaps. The PKA-S holo and the holographic have some sort of 2x zoom.

Originally posted by MacLeod View Post
        I find it interesting that when you look through an open magnified scope (like the 3.4's or 4's), it not only magnifies what is within your scope but it also magnifies what you see in your peripherals.
        DICE stated that showing 2 levels of zoom was too graphically demanding.

Comment

Originally posted by Pvt Brokeback View Post
          The PKA-S holo and the holographic have some sort of 2x zoom.
          This is sort of like the MG36's default RDS in BC2 where it had a tad bit of zoom.

Former TG-21st
          Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

This is an outstanding thread. Adding it to the sticky at top of page!

Originally posted by Pvt Brokeback View Post

DICE stated that showing 2 levels of zoom was too graphically demanding.
            It's been an issue with FPS games for the last decade. I actually like it, and really wish it worked this way in real life, too! My cybernetic eyes.
            Skud

Comment

Holo is da bawmb

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have played games with gun that do have two levels of zoom, The scope only zooms in, Not only does it lag "Causing you to die easyier" but it can also make you very dizzy since you do not see it the same was as you would in real life.

So you get a laggy dizzy making machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Brainhurts View Post

So you get a laggy dizzy making machine.
                  We call those teenagers at my house :p

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
                  "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

The reticles in the PKA-S holos are hard to see if it's too bright.

Comment

Very good posts. I have done some experimenting as well with different scopes and using different FOV and this also have quite a big impact. If I use FOV 70 and PK-A a very big part of the screen is lost and it is very hard to handle CQB situations. However, if I run at FOV 85-90 (use 85 now) I can pretty much deal with quite intimate encounters even when ADSing (which I do by reflex). I use the AN-94 so the PK-A is extremely useful at some distance. Also, since I don't have a good gaming rig I have to run at 1366x768 which makes it hard to spot people at distance. Now, on the other hand, bigger FOV completely destroys the RDS and the Kobra sights siince it becomes very hard to spot enemies whereas on FOV 60 (which is not really playable) you get a zoom almost like the PK-A on FV 90.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X