How-To: Damavand Peak

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [GUIDE] How-To: Damavand Peak

Due to my few recent successes with TG Squads I will be doing a How-To for each map.

Please be aware that this is how I play and think, this is not the only way to play and win.

For 4 maps I became a squad leader for the first time in TG's BF3, So I'll explain my orders as we go.

*This is my style of gameplay for this map*
    Battlelog Battle Report: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...0/1/230242864/

Lets begin.

So Damavand Peak is one of those maps where If you have X the odds of winning pretty much goes up.
    A lot of people think that having all the flags mean you win, Wrong.

Having all the flags is a flaw in the case of Damavand Peak.

Both sides start at the same ratio of tickets thus a even start.

What I recommend is take your Squad right to C.
    Depending on what side you start on

From the Image I have provided from both Uncaps to C, it is in CM
    6.5 CM From RU
    4.6 CM From US

This means US has the upper hand in getting to C faster.

Depending on what your squads plan is, I suggest you go right to C, Your team will cap the other flags.

Flag Names:
    *Going Down*
    A- RU 1-US 4
    B- RU 2- US 3
    C- Middle Flag
    D- RU 3 - US 2
    E- RU 4 - US 1

Lets start as the Americans:

Before starting explain to your squad to not Attack beyond the exit of the tunnel towards RU 2.
    This will allow the Russians to easily pick you and your squad off allowing the Russians a time gap to rush towards C.

Stay within the Area of C and cover the left and right hallways, including the roads.
    Make sure you bring the tank right on C and get ready to attack wave after wave.

Always have COMS up because Tanks and rushers will always come out of nowhere.

If you are able to hold them back, stay at C and don't move.
    +1 Flag will still make them bleed enough.

If you go and get RU1 and RU2, you have a chance of getting capped from behind or sent into a retreat.

But if the team and your squad are up for this challenge, make sure to keep the tank still at Mid-C for sniping support.
    Go towards RU2 and cap the flag, once done, DO NOT try to cap RU1.

4 Flags is more than enough, so stay on RU2/US3.
    Get you squad on the right side rock cliff, you will have the high grounds so support by giving suppression fire.

By the time you get to RU2/US3, the round is near its end.

To keep it this way, watch for the birds, since Air Drops are the main cause of failure on this map.

Now lets try this from the RU side

You have more space to cover here so make each move count.

I myself on RU take the bird and kill US Bird, but in most cases the bird will not come over.

Get in a Truck or Tank and go right to C.

If you can get your squad and tank to C, get ready for an onslaught.
    The odds of the US being there are high, so prime your guns on your tank and tell your squad to use the tank for cover.

Once you get flag C just hold out until the tickets die.

Once again, If you and your team feel the need to get US2, Get it and get on the overhang exiting the tunnel.
    Give supporting fire and hold your ground.

The tank should stay near the exit of the tunnel but still near C.

If you pull the right tricks you win.

What to do if you cannot push towards C or You only have 1 flag or are fully captured.
    Use the bird and fly to the right side facing Damavand Peak and go behind the mountain ridge.
    If you are US, drop your squad and tell them to cap RU2 and than move to C.

Once you get to C, go back towards US3 or RU3.
    You need to Bleed them out faster now, so have a strong defence and always use Coms.

That about it, I hope this How-To helps you, This is mostly geared towards Tank squads but being on foot and supporting your tank does turn the tide of battle.

Also check my AAR on Damavand Peak in which I use this-
    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...5-01-12-a.html

*Now you know my secret, will you remember.

Re: How-To: Damavand Peak

uh oh....Emale has competition :row__787:
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
      uh oh....Emale has competition :row__787:
      He is a great role model and a reason why i'm trying to become active and getting the most out of TG.
      I've meet some great TG members and hope to continue

Comment

As you know I was on the opposing side and my squad got off to a late start as our first squad leader left while map was loading. We were waiting to spawn on him per TG procedures. After I noticed his absence, I spawned in as squad leader and directed squad toward B flag. Time we got there the enemy had already started taking that flag! Moral was very low at that point.

I feel that even if the opposing side has the tunnel flag and a supporting tank, squad penetration via the tunnels can be made IF there are enough support guys with claymores going through the tunnels. Mines are for the side entrances so enemy does not flank the attacking side. I made it through twice by using one of the heavy machine guns with 100 ammo loads shooting as I crouched walking slowly through the tunnel passageway. Only at the end was I dispatched with an enemy countermeasure claymore! (Curses!) Walking allows you to shoot from the hip and slowly advance. I don't believe that the Tugs would sense you during that maneuver.

Comment

Originally posted by OldGunney View Post
          As you know I was on the opposing side and my squad got off to a late start as our first squad leader left while map was loading. We were waiting to spawn on him per TG procedures. After I noticed his absence, I spawned in as squad leader and directed squad toward B flag. Time we got there the enemy had already started taking that flag! Moral was very low at that point.

I feel that even if the opposing side has the tunnel flag and a supporting tank, squad penetration via the tunnels can be made IF there are enough support guys with claymores going through the tunnels. Mines are for the side entrances so enemy does not flank the attacking side. I made it through twice by using one of the heavy machine guns with 100 ammo loads shooting as I crouched walking slowly through the tunnel passageway. Only at the end was I dispatched with an enemy countermeasure claymore! (Curses!) Walking allows you to shoot from the hip and slowly advance. I don't believe that the Tugs would sense you during that maneuver.

100% on the dot.
          Only flaw is the tank has full view of the hallways.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X