Jet heat-seeker/stinger dodging

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jet heat-seeker/stinger dodging

I've hear of some tricks and tips on how to attempt to dodge heat seeker and stinger missiles, either spiraling down or other things if you ran out of IR flares. Does anyone know some actually useful tricks for helping evade these missiles?
    |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Re: Jet heat-seeker/stinger dodging

Doing a sharp turn and flying not quite directly at the missile usually works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Siker View Post
      Doing a sharp turn and flying not quite directly at the missile usually works for me.
      I agree that's the best course of action most of the time, you need a certain amount of speed though so if you have slowed down your best action is probably a split S.

Comment

Once you know where the missile is coming from, I believe the best strategy is to turn your plane perpendicular to the missile and hit the afterburners. The issue is seeing where the missile is early enough to evade.
        He was told that he should not kill, and he did not kill, until he got into the Army. Then he was told to kill, and he killed.

Comment

Side question: does anyone find the air to air heatseekers to be useful in any way?
          He was told that he should not kill, and he did not kill, until he got into the Army. Then he was told to kill, and he killed.

Comment

No, not at all. The gun does more than enough damage to jets and helicopters and can't be flared/ecmed.

Comment

This video might prove useful:

In essence, his method has the pilot perform a descending turn at corner velocity until the missile whizzes past. I've had a modicum of success using this technique, but still get hit on a fair number of occasions. As always: mileage has a tendency to vary. :row__575:
              <insert signature spam here>

Comment

Originally posted by Mercenary90 View Post
                Side question: does anyone find the air to air heatseekers to be useful in any way?
                The only time I consider using them is with the F-35, and only if I am up against a pilot that is better than myself.

Comment

I rely on them as a chopper pilot. They can get past flares pretty easily if you fire them within about 100m of your target.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys! I tried some moves today and found that flying back slightly towards the missile almost always works, and i'll try the videos move as well. I only use heatseekers in helo's too :p but thanks for the feedback, it is very usefull :) if anyone has any other tricks it would be great :D
                    |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Originally posted by Anospa View Post
                      I rely on them as a chopper pilot. They can get past flares pretty easily if you fire them within about 100m of your target.
                      I use this technique with beam scanning however if the chopper has ECM two to three gun runs does the trick.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DeF View Post
                        I use this technique with beam scanning however if the chopper has ECM two to three gun runs does the trick.
                        agreed, and I LOVE beam scanning it helps a lot with heat seekers and LGM which are both very important. I also tried the videos tips and they worked great, I dodged so many missiles i got scared one would hit and than they would just blow up :p
                        |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Only if 2 or more are firing at the same target and in sequence. I think the flares are kinda overpowered.

When I get locked, I prefer to dive and try to break line of sight.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X