How to handle being revived

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to handle being revived

Do not accept your revive right away. Why not? If you do, you will stand up and be unable to move for a fraction of a second. It makes you a great stationary target.

Instead of accepting the revive, look around: Are there targets around? Some medics like to revive first and clear second. Check the area! Your secondary is in your hand already - get that avenger kill!. You can shoot before accepting the revive.

You can also crawl away before accepting the revive. Just move in whatever direction is safest.

Once you have let a touch of time pass since being revived, accept the revive: hit space, and then immediately hit prone (z). You end up not standing up at all.

If you must run ASAP, you still have to wait a touch. If you try to run immediately after being revived, it will actually slow you down. If you wait a touch, accept the revive and then start running, you will end up running faster than if you had not waited.

----

I am still learning to correctly handle being revived. All those hours of 2142 have ingrained the instinct to get up as soon as revived. I do like how they mixed it up for BF3.

Re: How to handle being revived

Fun fact: it seems that if you crawl prior to getting up after being revived, the hesitation time on standup is sometimes shortened. I didn't know that about going prone, though--good to know. Thanks for posting!

Comment

If you hit spacebar while crawling you continue to move in that direction as you stand up.

I totally agree with Bleeding on staying down and put some pistol rounds down range.

Comment

It's a good time for 1911 <3

Comment

Originally posted by BleedingKnee View Post
          It's a good time for 1911 <3
          Yes'sir! :row__577:

Comment

Good thread. I didn't know a few of those tips.

Comment

great tips on revives, another thing is if you get revived while behind cover instead of standing and being exposed, you can go immediately to crouch instead and you get your primary back. If its a hot zone i do exatly what you say, wait .5 seconds and than book it :D
              |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X